Gerrymandering US states in the name of liberalism

Can you screenshot it? Google Chrome doesn't display the maps in their finalised form for some reason.

EDIT: I have succeeded!

GerUS2016 R to the max.png
GerUS2016 R to the max 2.png

Last edited:
Not an intentional gerrymander, but here's 29 states of equal population (plus DC). Alaska is part of the Washington/Portland/eastern Oregon/Idaho/Montana state, while Hawaii is part of the San Diego to New Mexico state. New York City (minus Staten Island, plus Long Island) is its own state.

upload_2017-3-13_15-5-59.png

Are there enough voters in this election to gerrymander at least 1 state in favor of a non-Democrat/Republican party? (like the Libertarians)

Well, seeing as only Clinton and Trump won counties, you'd have to delve into individual precincts to give any third party a state, which this tool doesn't allow you to do.

Well, seeing as only Clinton and Trump won counties, you'd have to delve into individual precincts to give any third party a state, which this tool doesn't allow you to do.

It would theoretically be possible to give McMullin a state by combining a McMullin/Trump county with a McMullin/Clinton county, but I don'tthink that would work given OTL county distributions.

Sadly, to form a pro-McMullin state you'd have to go to the precinct level, and even then it'd be no bigger than Provo, Utah.

Johnson and Stein did not win enough precincts anywhere to make something resembling a state.

Say County A went 4k for Clinton, 3k for McMullin, and 1k for Trump, while County B went 1k for Clinton, 3k for McMullin, and 4k for Trump.

Combine County A and B together and you have 5k for Clinton, 6k for McMullin, and 5k for Trump.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. I don't think it's possible though, since County A does not actually exist.

Can you screenshot it? Google Chrome doesn't display the maps in their finalised form for some reason.

EDIT: I have succeeded!
I fail to see why California-New England conglomeration would have only one representative. Hell, how would they even divide the hundred Representative slots emptied for this?

I fail to see why California-New England conglomeration would have only one representative.
The District of Columbia (which is the jurisdiction that has been expanded to cover all the blue areas) is constitutionally prohibited from having more electoral votes than the smallest state (i.e. 3). Actually, it doesn't have any Representatives.
Hell, how would they even divide the hundred Representative slots emptied for this?
Congressional apportionment isn't based on "a district should have X people in it"; each state population is divided by a series of divisors to generate an infinite list of quotients, and then they assign the districts to the states that produce the 435 highest values there.