Geronimo : What if Osama Bin Laden was killed prior to 9/11?

@Iwanh Maybe you could make this happen in 2005 pop culture
Screenshot_20230512-103416_Chrome.png

Wooooo excited for NYC ‘12! Presumably the decision to put the Olympic Stadium in Queens rather than the pretty but doomed effort for the West Side across the street from today’s Hudson Yards helped top the scale
I enjoyed reading the chapter. Also, good for NYC to win their bid in this timeline.
I always wondered the viability of New York City hosting the Olympics. I was under the impression that the city is too cramped to have a big stadium for opening and closing ceremonies.
Did not expect that I would see this date again, it's not entirely forgotten
It would just be another day in American domestic politics.
To be honest, when I read through the NYC Olympic bid section, I was somewhat expecting the parallels with London OTL to continue with the subway bombings of July 7, 2005. I was relieved when they didn't, though.

Will that date be alluded to in some way?
So 7/7 is butterflied away for good?

I always wondered the viability of New York City hosting the Olympics. I was under the impression that the city is too cramped to have a big stadium for opening and closing ceremonies.

It would just be another day in American domestic politics.

So 7/7 is butterflied away for good?
New York totally could have hosted the games; Flushing was an excellent site for a stadium, and had the city actually put some ooomph into it a stadium district where Hudson Yards is today would have activated the West Side and possibly created an opening to relocate MSG and allow a proper train terminal be built at Penn instead. We could have had LIC and Hunters Point developed a decade ahead of schedule had the Olympic Village been sited there, and actual upgrades to regional transport with federal and Olympic money. NYC 2012 was definitely a missed opportunity

Could you write a chapter about Travel? Why I'm interested?
1 For my hopeless obsessed with Twin Tower
2 Wondering how's the world travel like after 9/4
3 Western tourists visit the Baghdad during 2000s without Iraq war ( This is my most wondering part, OTL a lot people still wanna visit North Korea, so why not Iraq under Saddam Hussein rule? )

Last edited:
3 Western tourists visit the Baghdad during 2000s without Iraq war ( This is my most wondering part, OTL a lot people still wanna visit North Korea, so why not Iraq under Saddam Hussein rule? )
Don’t see why 3 wouldn’t be a thing, my aunt lived in Baghdad in the 80s (!!) and said it was fine and actually quite nice. Granted she was a Swedish engineer of some means so her experience was almost certainly not universal but it wasn’t really until 1991 that Iraq’s economy completely went off the deep end

1. At some point (no promises when likely a long way away) I will create a chapter solely dedicated to the twin towers
2. I will address air travel
3. Iraq would definitely be a 'dark tourist' destination similar to North Korea, as a country with an active aerial American military presence in the no-fly zones, an increasingly deranged Saddam personality cult, and growing sectarian violence.