Geronimo : What if Osama Bin Laden was killed prior to 9/11?

It may be late right now, but I really want to see September 12 2001 new york time headline, it must about the new york mayor primary election. It's really interesting to imagine ATL newspapers ( My hobby )

New York Times Headlines; September 12th 2001

Sep12newspaper50%.png

Something I just realized is that without 9/11 happening, the Disappearance of Michele Anne Harris (who was last seen the night after the attacks happened) might be able to be solved or at the very least get found out quicker.

In OTL because of 9/11 happening, police couldn't really be alerted because many officers had been bused to NYC in response to the terrorist attacks.

One thing that would be interesting @Iwanh (or that at least I think is interesting haha) would be to look at No 9/11’s impacts on New York, specifically. I’m not a New Yorker myself but it goes without saying that 9/11 had a gigantic, traumatic impact on not just the physical aspect but the psychological nature of the city. Exploring how Mark Green’s mayoralty without such an event vs Bloomberg in the aftermath would be really interesting as a direct butterfly of the TL’s immediate premise. Suffice to say too that this has big impacts on Rudy Giuliani’s reputation.

Just a thought! I’m a huge fan of municipal alternate history and Mark Green as NYC Mayor has for some reason always fit in that wheelhouse for me. Love this TL like always!

One thing that would be interesting @Iwanh (or that at least I think is interesting haha) would be to look at No 9/11’s impacts on New York, specifically. I’m not a New Yorker myself but it goes without saying that 9/11 had a gigantic, traumatic impact on not just the physical aspect but the psychological nature of the city. Exploring how Mark Green’s mayoralty without such an event vs Bloomberg in the aftermath would be really interesting as a direct butterfly of the TL’s immediate premise. Suffice to say too that this has big impacts on Rudy Giuliani’s reputation.

Just a thought! I’m a huge fan of municipal alternate history and Mark Green as NYC Mayor has for some reason always fit in that wheelhouse for me. Love this TL like always!
Thank you for the great suggestion, I have the idea to do some wholly NY centric updates, but it will take a lot of research and time. With the mayoral election at the end of 05 I intend to do some light coverage of Greens Mayoralty, but a larger update will definitely require some surplus reading and work.

Thank you for the great suggestion, I have the idea to do some wholly NY centric updates, but it will take a lot of research and time. With the mayoral election at the end of 05 I intend to do some light coverage of Greens Mayoralty, but a larger update will definitely require some surplus reading and work.
Of course! The 05 race is indeed a very clean, straightforward way to retrospectively look at the Green years and do it in a way that suits the narrative

We know that The Eminem Show (2002) by Eminem and Elephunk(2003) by Black eyed Peas existed in this TL, but songs list would be different

The Eminem Show : My Dad's Gone Crazy would disappear, here's it's lyrics :
“More pain inside of my brain than the eyes of a little girl / Inside of a plane, aimed at the World Trade / Standing on Ronnie’s grave, screaming at the sky / Until clouds gathe, it is Clyde Mathers and Bonnie Jade.”

Elephunk: Where Is The Love would disappear, this songs was inspired by 9/11.

So technically speaking these two albums still isn't the album we know.

Last edited:
The Eminem Show : My Dad's Gone Crazy would disappear, here's it's lyrics :
“More pain inside of my brain than the eyes of a little girl / Inside of a plane, aimed at the World Trade / Standing on Ronnie’s grave, screaming at the sky / Until clouds gathe, it is Clyde Mathers and Bonnie Jade.”
I've said this before too regarding Jay Z and Alicia Key's song Empire State of Mind. It would not include the lyrics "Long live the World Trade."