Geronimo : What if Osama Bin Laden was killed prior to 9/11?

??? IOTL Kuchma planned the establishment of a parliamentary republic and the prime minister post for himself after 2004 election. This is his draft constitutional amendment https://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/zweb2/webproc4_1?pf3511=15881
Thank you for the correction, I will update this

To get better results, Yanukovych needs to scare swing voters less about "fascist Yushchenko" because that doesn't work outside of his core electorate. More economic populism and self-credit for the Kuchma's second term economic growth is needed.
The change is less to do with Yanukovych's campaign, but recent events prominently the 9/4 attacks boost Putin's and the idea of a Russo-centric Ukraine popularity (at the moment at least)
The constitutional reform that IOTL was a compromise between Kuchma and the opposition will be ITTL because the opposition is interested in weakening President Yanukovych.
And you are right about the constitutional reforms I'll make that clearer.

Thank you again.

It is, indeed! I doubt this will be the last we'll see of Arroyo though.
Considering that both Estrada and Arroyo were able to run for public office after their jail time. Estrada became the Mayor of Manila from 2013 to 2019 while Arroyo became the Speaker of the House prior to the 2020s. Philippine corruption and weird politics will not disappear overnight.

Considering that both Estrada and Arroyo were able to run for public office after their jail time. Estrada became the Mayor of Manila from 2013 to 2019 while Arroyo became the Speaker of the House prior to the 2020s. Philippine corruption and weird politics will not disappear overnight.
I would know. As a Filipino that was my childhood.

I would know. As a Filipino that was my childhood.
Same here.
I was around 7-8 when Arroyo won in 2004 and I could recall it much, even though I only cared about watching Toonami on Cartoon Network.

Then transitioning to teen hood, I still remember Arroyo's blunders such as Hello Garci and ZTE. Then came the MV Princess of the Stars incident during Typhoon Frank in 2008 and the Maguindanao Massacre in 2009.

I was 13-14 when Noynoy Aquino won in 2010.

Same here.
I was around 7-8 when Arroyo won in 2004 and I could recall it much, even though I only cared about watching Toonami on Cartoon Network.

Then transitioning to teen hood, I still remember Arroyo's blunders such as Hello Garci and ZTE. Then came the MV Princess of the Stars incident during Typhoon Frank in 2008 and the Maguindanao Massacre in 2009.

I was 13-14 when Noynoy Aquino won in 2010.
I still remember Arroyo in the the neck brace, Corona’s impeachment trial walk-out, Erap getting angry on live TV at a criminal for doing something I won’t mention here, and where I was when news of the SAF massacre broke out (near a rice depot after school because my old man needed to pick it up).

I still remember Arroyo in the the neck brace, Corona’s impeachment trial walk-out, Erap getting angry on live TV at a criminal for doing something I won’t mention here, and where I was when news of the SAF massacre broke out (near a rice depot after school because my old man needed to pick it up).
That was the early 2010s in the Philippines.

China was encroaching on Scarborough Shoal in April 2012, four months after the U.S. withdrew from Iraq and the same month as the North Korean rocket test.

Back then when Corona was a Chief Justice and a drink before COVID.

The Zamboanga City crisis, Bohol earthquake, and Typhoon Haiyan occurred in 2013.

The SAF Massacre occurred a week after the Pope visited Manila. This SAF incident damaged Aquino and the Liberal Party as whole. Anyways, we can continue discussing that in the Official Philippine Politics Thread as not to derail this thread.

Another close election with Senator John Edwards in a close race with the Buckeye State the tipping point and IA putting him over 270. Jon Stewart sums up the election well.

Last edited:
the 9/4 attacks boost Putin's and the idea of a Russo-centric Ukraine popularity (at the moment at least)
While ITTL Ukrainians will sympathize with Russia after 4/9 (because the Russians use the d/m/y format), this is unlikely to translate into votes for Yanukovych. Ukrainians will not want to participate in another war under the Russian flag. IOTL Ukraine was fight in Iraq and Yushchenko earned a couple of points on the promise of the withdrawal of troops. ITTL, he will scare voters with a "second Afghan war", into which Yanukovych will drag Ukraine

While ITTL Ukrainians will sympathize with Russia after 4/9 (because the Russians use the d/m/y format), this is unlikely to translate into votes for Yanukovych. Ukrainians will not want to participate in another war under the Russian flag. IOTL Ukraine was fight in Iraq and Yushchenko earned a couple of points on the promise of the withdrawal of troops. ITTL, he will scare voters with a "second Afghan war", into which Yanukovych will drag Ukraine
I will have to agree to disagree, I think the sympathy will be stronger than the anxiety especially as the world is more supportive of the action. I don't think it would be enough to actually win, but it is enough for Kuchma and Putin to let him win.
If you have any suggestions going forward I am happy to hear them.