Geronimo : What if Osama Bin Laden was killed prior to 9/11?

Who will win the Republican Nomination?

• Dick Cheney

Votes: 21 19.6%
  • John McCain

Votes: 61 57.0%
  • Jon Huntsman

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Rick Santorum

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
I have about one update planned before Culture 07, so feel free to make any suggestions. I am always happy to hear them.
Since Sonic 06 wasn't mentioned in culture 06 how does the franchise fare ITTL since Tails Adventure replaced Shadow and probably did better being a 7 or 8 out of 10 in review scores? Would there be a main line Sonic game in 2007 that replaces 06?

06 is bound to happen anyways -- it's an anniversary game.
I mean 06 would probably look like a completely different since edgy anti hero archetype never caught one and since Shadow remains dead it would probably be cell shaded and the story would probably be similar to otl's Sonic Chronicles with a few difference here and there.

2004 Russian Attacks
IMG_20240616_000813_939.png

Last edited:
Andy Dick
AndyDick.png

Andrew Roane Dick (born Andrew Thomlinson; December 21, 1965 - May 15, 1999) was an American actor and comedian. Dick was born in Charleston, South Carolina, and joined The Second City and studied improvisational theater. His first regular television role was on The Ben Stiller Show on Fox. In the mid-1990s, he regularly appeared on NBC's NewsRadio.

Dick was also known for his eccentric behavior and problems with drug addiction, the latter of which culminated in his death on May 15, 1999 in Hollywood, California, when he drove his car into a utility pole, killing him instantly. He was found with possession of cocaine, cannabis, and drug paraphernalia, and his autopsy showed that his body was under the influence of drugs and alcohol. He was later cremated, and his ashes were spread off the coast of Los Angeles. One of his final film appearances, Inspector Gadget, is dedicated to his memory.​

Last edited:
View attachment 912555
Andrew Roane Dick (born Andrew Thomlinson; December 21, 1965 - May 15, 1999) was an American actor and comedian. Dick was born in Charleston, South Carolina, and joined The Second City and studied improvisational theater. His first regular television role was on The Ben Stiller Show on Fox. In the mid-1990s, he regular appeared on NBC's NewsRadio.

Dick was also known for his eccentric behavior and problems with drug addiction, the latter of which culminated in his death on May 15, 1999, when he drove his car into a utility pole, killing him instantly. He was found with possession of cocaine, cannabis, and drug paraphernalia, and his autopsy showed that his body was under the influence of drugs and alcohol. He was later cremated, and his ashes were spread off the coast of Los Angeles. One of his final film appearances, Inspector Gadget, is dedicated to his memory.​
His final film role is the English dub of Laputa: Castle in the Sky in 2000, he recorded the dialogue for the dub in 1998.

Last edited:
Since Black Parade is a successful animated series on Cartoon Network does it butterfly the live action shows and extend the City era by a couples years? Does Cartoon Network in the mid to late 2000s shifts to a more action oriented network aiming at older children and teens?

What about Nickelodeon? Does Spongebob continue or it ends in 2004 as originally intended allowing Nickelodeon to shift into a new direction?

Since Black Parade is a successful animated series on Cartoon Network does it butterfly the live action shows and extend the City era by a couples years? Does Cartoon Network in the mid to late 2000s shifts to a more action oriented network aiming at older children and teens?

What about Nickelodeon? Does Spongebob continue or it ends in 2004 as originally intended allowing Nickelodeon to shift into a new direction?
Maybe we should save these kinds of questions for the Pop Culture thread.

View attachment 912555
Andrew Roane Dick (born Andrew Thomlinson; December 21, 1965 - May 15, 1999) was an American actor and comedian. Dick was born in Charleston, South Carolina, and joined The Second City and studied improvisational theater. His first regular television role was on The Ben Stiller Show on Fox. In the mid-1990s, he regularly appeared on NBC's NewsRadio.

Dick was also known for his eccentric behavior and problems with drug addiction, the latter of which culminated in his death on May 15, 1999, when he drove his car into a utility pole, killing him instantly. He was found with possession of cocaine, cannabis, and drug paraphernalia, and his autopsy showed that his body was under the influence of drugs and alcohol. He was later cremated, and his ashes were spread off the coast of Los Angeles. One of his final film appearances, Inspector Gadget, is dedicated to his memory.​

His final film role is the English dub of Laputa: Castle in the Sky in 2000, he recorded the dialogue for the dub in 1998.
Is this canon?

I know that even though the point of divergence was on August 20, 1998, things didn't change much until September 11, 2001. However, I guess it could be possible for butterflies to start really flapping their wings and have Andy Dick get killed in a drug-induced car accident in 1999.

I just noticed how Anderson Cooper and Andy Dick look a little similar, but now I realized that Cooper looks like a fusion between Joe Biden and Andy.

As a good liberal, Edwards would be thrilled to support alternate energy that doesn't explicitly threaten fossil fuel industries.
@Iwanh

Couple of questions (Or requirement):

1. So now MySpace really named GooSpace now? Or it just what public call it?

2. Is next chapter a pop culture 2007?

3. Can you make a magazine cover which have World Trade Center on it? Any magazine, as long as the twin towers on it
Still goes by My Space in regular conversation though the company would probably be Google MySpace
1 update will be before, should have a teaser soon.
I have one planned for the following chapter.
Does Garth Ennis' The Boys still exist in this timeline? (In the comics, the Twin Towers are still standing, and the supes stop one of the planes from hitting the towers, but of course this is The Boys, it ends up crashing into the Brooklyn Bridge instead.)
Superhero stuff, in general, will go down a different path, Iron Man is deeply connected with the War on Terror and that essentially redefined the genre and cinema at large
I look forward to your work @Iwanh no matter what. I hope you good luck coming up with stuff as I know it can be hard as I am Struggling on a TL idea
Good luck
@Iwanh

Have you thought about writing a short story from a perspective of a elementary or middle school aged civilian child set around ITTL's early to mid 2000s (2001-2006)?
Since 2008 will officially be the halfway point, I have thought about a recap of the 10 years somehow. I have a few ideas, following a few people whose lives on our TL are deeply connected with 9/11 but obv are very different ITTL
I have an idea with chapter about Internet-culture in TTL 2000s.
@Iwanh
I would love to hear them.
Since Sonic 06 wasn't mentioned in culture 06 how does the franchise fare ITTL since Tails Adventure replaced Shadow and probably did better being a 7 or 8 out of 10 in review scores? Would there be a main line Sonic game in 2007 that replaces 06?
It exists and it is worse. This is canon now.

It exists and it is worse. This is canon now.
If 06 does worse ITTL despite Shadow remaining dead likely butterflying characters Silver and Blaze and the story likely being a lighthearted but corny shoenen action adventure story, would most of the criticism of the game focus more on the technical aspects? What would happen to the franchise ITTL after 06's failure?

Since 2008 will officially be the halfway point, I have thought about a recap of the 10 years somehow. I have a few ideas, following a few people whose lives on our TL are deeply connected with 9/11 but obv are very different ITTL
What do you think of a short story set ITTL's summer 2004 where a father who works at the world trade center takes his 11 year old son to the WTC mall?

As a good liberal, Edwards would be thrilled to support alternate energy that doesn't explicitly threaten fossil fuel industries.
Probably similar to Obama’s “green collar jobs” line from his first term
For obvious reasons it may be a bit offputting to do a “here’s what surviving Todd Beamer (just as an example) is up to,” but somebody like Pete Davidson actually growing up with his father around might be a more sensitive take on the subject.

Though considering how deftly you handled your “Tuesday in September” chapter I have confidence in how that will shake out in the end

For obvious reasons it may be a bit offputting to do a “here’s what surviving Todd Beamer (just as an example) is up to,” but somebody like Pete Davidson actually growing up with his father around might be a more sensitive take on the subject.

Though considering how deftly you handled your “Tuesday in September” chapter I have confidence in how that will shake out in the end
On that note, what could be interesting to do could be an update on events in the WTC here.

cant wait for that tuesday in september chapter

im guessing/hoping this is a possible pilot to a geronimo closer to home spinoff
(sorta like what blue skies in camelot has with its closer to home spinoff)

if one thing thats gonna bring back my inner child and make me feel good about being in that gen z/millennial cusp thats so controversial IOTL
its this