Geronimo : What if Osama Bin Laden was killed prior to 9/11?

Who will win the Republican Nomination?

• Dick Cheney

Votes: 23 18.5%
  • John McCain

Votes: 72 58.1%
  • Jon Huntsman

Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Rick Santorum

Votes: 11 8.9%

• Total voters
Here's a OTL 2007 movies collection from reddit

Here's some movies I think wouldn't exist in TTL or "close to the edge" of being unmade
received_379423295143897.jpeg

OTL 2007 was always being considered as a "best year for cinema in the 21st century"

Would TTL 2007 make it as well?

Last edited:
I have about one update planned before Culture 07, so feel free to make any suggestions. I am always happy to hear them.
The Orange Box? Maybe this version contains the original Half-Life with its expansions (Opposing Force, Blue Shift, and Decay) and maybe Counter-Strike: Source. I don't know why the version we got never included those.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have about one update planned before Culture 07, so feel free to make any suggestions. I am always happy to hear them.
I know I suggested this awhile back but having Cartoon Network's Samurai Jack film planned to conclude the series not get stuck in development hell would be great. Back in 2002 CN wanted to do a live-action film but by 2006 the plans fell apart, plus Mako, the voice actor for Aku, died the same year. If CN decided to do an animated version from the get-go I imagine it could very well be released by 07 and it'd probably be Mako's final role. Maybe the film can be dedicated to him.

On the subject of Cartoon Network, without post-9/11 paranoia the 2007 Boston bomb scare wouldn't have happened, when LED placards of characters from the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters were placed around Boston as part of a guerilla marketing campaign, only to be mistaken for bombs by police. The fallout caused CN president Jim Samples to resign and be replaced by Stuart Snyder. I don't know enough about Cartoon Network history to determine the impact this had on the network, but ITTL the bomb scare wouldn't have happened so Samples would remain in power.

Alright Iwanh, I have a few suggestions.

• Maybe Spider-Man 3 and Shrek the Third can turn out better. Both films are known for being the weakest in their respective film series'.
    • Apparently, Sam Rami didn't even want Venom in the third Spider-Man movie, Sony forced him to do so.
  • Maybe we could learn about the status of Twitter, assuming the site wasn't butterflied away.
  • How Pixar is doing after breaking it off with Disney and moving on to Sony.

Maybe Spider-Man 3 and Shrek the Third can turn out better. Both films are known for being the weakest in their respective film series'.
  • Apparently, Sam Rami didn't even want Venom in the third Spider-Man movie, Sony forced him to do so.
Spider-Man 3 is probably still the last Spidey film Raimi directs, most likely — I remember it being said somewhere that he never really felt obligated to make a fourth instalment, and only briefly went along with SM4 because SM3 was such a disappointment. He had always planned on making a trilogy and no more.

@Iwanh

Have you thought about writing a short story from a perspective of a elementary or middle school aged civilian child set around ITTL's early to mid 2000s (2001-2006)?

Last edited:
Yes we deserve an answer
If it was butterflied away, that would reshape the modern social media thoroughly
Not trying to get into current politics, but if Twitter ended up turning into the drama filled mess that it is today, it sounds like good riddance if it got butterflied away.

If it doesn't get butterflied away, let's just hope that it (and all of social media for the matter) don't get as toxic as they did in our reality.

Spider-Man 3 is probably still the last Spidey film Raimi directs, most likely — I remember it being said somewhere that he never really felt obligated to make a fourth instalment, and only briefly went along with SM4 because SM3 was such a disappointment. He had always planned on making a trilogy and no more.
So, would Spider-Man 3 get altered in any way or not? Maybe it can have just two villains instead of three.

@Iwanh

Have you thought about writing a short story from a perspective of a elementary or middle school aged civilian child set around ITTL's early to mid 2000s (2001-2006)?
I second this. I think I would pretty cute and interesting to see the perspective of a kid growing up in this alternate version of the 2000s.

I second this. I think I would pretty cute and interesting to see the perspective of a kid growing up in this alternate version of the 2000s.
I was thinking it would mainly be set in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn during summer and would be about him and his relationship with family and friends and also exploring life in a no 9/11 world from what tv shows he watch, the video games he's playing (I even have an idea of one scene where he's playing Tails Adventure on his Gamecube during a rainy day) and how events unfold in the big apple.

Since Sonic 06 isn't mention in pop culture 2006. What if there was a cell shaded Sonic game that came out in 2007 as the 15th anniversary game and it's story is somewhat similar to OTL's Sonic Chronicles with a few difference? Basically concluding the story arc that started in Sonic 3&K and SA1.

I hope Iwanh write a chapters to conclude American life in 2000s, when the TL comes to 2010

Their mindset, attitude towards government, patriotism, their views on foreign war and US military etc

Or write a chapters focusing on the air travel in 2000s

I hope Iwanh write a chapters to conclude American life in 2000s, when the TL comes to 2010

Their mindset, attitude towards government, patriotism, their views on foreign war and US military etc

Or write a chapters focusing on the air travel in 2000s
I feel like in a lot of ways the 2000s will be seen in the US as a continuation of the 90s. Without the post-9/11 rally 'round the flag, 90s-era cynicism and apathy towards the government will persist, but in the long run trust in government will probably be somewhat higher than OTL without the disaster of Iraq. On the foreign policy front the post-Cold War mindset will persist: America is the world's sole superpower and the global standard bearer for human rights and the international order. As shown by the success in Darfur, the Edwards Doctrine of promoting freedom and democracy by isolating rogue states, supplying aid to the developing world, and militarily intervening in humanitarian crises abroad will hold massive influence over the future of US foreign policy. Isolationism remains fringe, the mainstream foreign policy debate is how the US should carry out its duties as global policeman, not if.

The Great Recession, whenever it comes, will most likely be seen as the cultural endpoint for not just the 2000s, but the heady optimism of the post-Cold War era as the economy struggles to recover and the world situation becomes thornier with the alt-Arab Spring, the rise of China, etc. This will probably be reflected by a "darker" turn somewhat similar to what we saw IOTL post-9/11 in pop culture as the last of 90s utopianism finally wears off.

Last edited:
I feel like in a lot of ways the 2000s will be seen in the US as a continuation of the 90s. Without the post-9/11 rally 'round the flag, 90s-era cynicism and apathy towards the government will persist, but in the long run trust in government will probably be somewhat higher than OTL without the disaster of Iraq. On the foreign policy front the post-Cold War mindset will persist: America is the world's sole superpower and the global standard bearer for human rights and the international order. As shown by the success in Darfur, the Edwards Doctrine of promoting freedom and democracy by isolating rogue states, supplying aid to the developing world, and militarily intervening in humanitarian crises abroad will hold massive influence over the future of US foreign policy. Isolationism remains fringe, the mainstream foreign policy debate is how the US should carry out its duties as global policeman, not if.

The Great Recession, whenever it comes, will most likely be seen as the cultural endpoint for not just the 2000s, but the heady optimism of the post-Cold War era as the economy struggles to recover and the world situation becomes thornier with the alt-Arab Spring, the rise of China, etc. This will probably be reflected by a "darker" turn somewhat similar to what we saw IOTL post-9/11 in pop culture as the last of 90s utopianism finally wears off.
Makes sense. Hopefully, the 2010s won't get as toxic as they did in OTL.

Speaking of the Arab Spring, assuming he's able to hold onto power until 2011, I assume Saddam Hussein would probably get overthrown and executed.

Here's a OTL 2007 movies collection from reddit

Here's some movies I think wouldn't exist in TTL or "close to the edge" of being unmade
View attachment 911882

OTL 2007 was always being considered as a "best year for cinema in the 21st century"

Would TTL 2007 make it as well?
Since Ratatouille started production in 2000, I assume it still comes out.

You're probably right about 28 Weeks Later and I Am Legend, since zombie movies aren't as popular in this timeline, though the creatures in the latter are more like zombie-vampire hybrid things.

As for Transformers, we might still see it come out, but we could also see it being replaced by G.I. Joe (which was thought of being turned into a movie series back in 2003 but was rejected due to the start of the Iraq War, and as a result, Transformers was picked up instead).

Last edited:

I know I talked about a hypothetical scenario about a more milder recession of 2008 resulting in a more prosperous 2010s but how about the polar opposite like how bad the Great Recession can get ITTL? How dystopian TTL's 2010s can get?