In the meantime, here is this map of North America circa 1776. Nowhere near perfect but it's the best I could do in short time.
View attachment 628300

Red = Spanish Territory
Yellow = Union of American Commonwealths
Gold = Other British Territories
Green = Indian Reserve
Blue = French Territory
Brown = Russian Territory
White = Unclaimed

Ignore the red outline of the border in Northern Canada. That's more of a glitch than anything else.
I can make ye a map when I’ve the time if you want

In the meantime, here is this map of North America circa 1776. Nowhere near perfect but it's the best I could do in short time.
View attachment 628300

Red = Spanish Territory
Yellow = Union of American Commonwealths
Gold = Other British Territories
Green = Indian Reserve
Blue = French Territory
Brown = Russian Territory
White = Unclaimed

Ignore the red outline of the border in Northern Canada. That's more of a glitch than anything else.
Very good, I love TLs that have lots of maps.

Upon seeing the map, looks like destiny will not be manifested.
Why?

The British colonies have their own parliament, very interested on expanding westwards, and now they have the support of the Royal Navy.

If anything, the Americans should conquer MORE in the long run. The northern parts of today's Mexico, for example.

Why?

The British colonies have their own parliament, very interested on expanding westwards, and now they have the support of the Royal Navy.

If anything, the Americans should conquer MORE in the long run. The northern parts of today's Mexico, for example.
Don't see them going into Mexico, especially if Spain potentially keeps the colonies longer (no napoleon does that to ya) and is probably a puppet of some major power.

Don't see them going into Mexico, especially if Spain potentially keeps the colonies longer (no napoleon does that to ya) and is probably a puppet of some major power.
Why not? Do you believe we are not going to see Anglo immigrants getting into northern Mexico?

If anything, we may see even MORE English-speaking people there, due to the fact that populating Canada to oppose the United States is not going to be an urgent necessity. A lot of British immigrants who colonized Canada OTL may end up in Texas, for example.

Why not? Do you believe we are not going to see Anglo immigrants getting into northern Mexico?

If anything, we may see even MORE English-speaking people there, due to the fact that populating Canada to oppose the United States is not going to be a urgent necessity.
Oh, I don't doubt that the policies of the government won't stop the Americans but I think Britain would keep the actual government on a leash

That's exactly OTL ATM, like there's no difference beyond the american administration. If your referring to Spain and the Native reservation? I don't like their chances in the face of American autonomy...
I could see tribes like the Iroquois and the Five Civilized Tribes getting a better deal than IOTL, but other than that, I don't see it turning out any better for the natives than IOTL (see OTL's Canada and especially Australia for examples of how the British weren't much if any better than the U.S. when it comes to the natives).

I could see tribes like the Iroquois and the Five Civilized Tribes getting a better deal than IOTL, but other than that, I don't see it turning out any better for the natives than IOTL (see OTL's Canada and especially Australia for examples of how the British weren't much if any better than the U.S. when it comes to the natives).
Aye aye

Say some of the citizens of your good upstanding monarchy run into the hills and have a Revolution, do you accept them as an equal extension of your nation, thus legitimising them and incentivising copy cats?
Yes, because that's the British expansion model, private initiative.

Look at the British Raj in its making.

Updated North America map
Here's the map I promised:
1614340938829.png
Pink: Direct UK Territory
Purple: Haudenosaunee Conf.
Burgundy: Union of American Commonwealths
Dark Burgundy: Indian Reserve
Gold: Spain
Blue: French
Orange: Dutch

Chapter Five: The New North American Order
Chapter Five: The New North American Order

446px-Articles_page1.jpg

July 4, 1776 marked the end of the old era and a new beginning for the British colonies of North America. It seemed as though the calls for greater autonomy under the crown had been answered. They could finally govern themselves while also remaining under the authority of the British. There were two aims the colonies now had in mind to reach. The first was the repeal of the Intolerable Acts. This was aggressively pushed by Massachusetts as it was particularly hard hit by the Acts, most notably the Boston Port Act and the Massachusetts Government Act. The Boston Port Act previously shut down Boston Harbor until the damaged tea was paid for. By the time Massachusetts had ratified the Articles of Commonwealth in 1778, a compromise was reached where Boston Harbor would be opened in exchange for the monetary replacement of the tea destroyed in 1773 and the appointment of a Crown governor over the Colony. A few radical Patriots were angry but the majority of moderates were satiated well enough. The Massachusetts Government Act was also repealed in 1778 under the Province of Massachusetts Bay Act.

Perhaps the most pressing issue up and down the Atlantic Coast was the Proclamation Line of 1763. Much of New France north of the Ohio River was reorganized under the Province of Quebec. Everything West of Quebec, and more specifically West of the Appalachian Mountains, was barred to the settlement from colonists in the East. This was to be intended to be extended west gradually and orderly and while it could not be settled, it could still be crossed. Of course, things became worse in 1768 when the Treaty of Fort Stanwix ceded much of the colony of Virginia west of the Appalachians to the British Crown and renegotiated the land claims of the Iroquois in the region. This angered Virginians who wanted to settle the land west of the Appalachians. The solution came in 1780 upon the first meeting of the American Parliament at Philadelphia, led by President-General Joseph Galloway (the one responsible for creating the initial proposal for the Union in the first place and among the staunchest Loyalists at the Continental Congress). The goal became not to repeal the Proclamation Line but rather modify it. This was also overseen by Governor-General Sir Guy Carleton, Lord Dorchester, albeit he was much more reluctant to go along with the deal.

Parliament had been aware of the attempted development of three British colonies beyond the Appalachians. The first of these colonies was Vandalia. Its origins dated back to 1769 when the Indiana Company, following reimbursals from the Iroquois under the Treaty of Fort Stanwix, reorganized into the Grand Ohio Company and petitioned for 20 million acres south of the Ohio River in addition to the existing 200,000 acres at the Fork of the Ohio. The onset of the Massachusetts Rebellion delayed its formal granting until April 1781 when it was approved to be open for settlement. The second colony was Transylvania. On August 27, 1774, Richard Henderson of North Carolina created a land speculation company called the Louisa Company (becoming the Transylvania Company in January 1775). At Sycamore Shoals on the Watauga River, a group of 1,200 Cherokee deeded 20 million acres of land to Henderson and Daniel Boone located between the Cumberland and Kentucky Rivers that March. Boone led settlers to Boonesboro, paving the Wilderness Road along the way. With no government support initially, it gained traction when the Kentucky Company merged with the Transylvania Company in late 1778. The first wave of settlers entered from Virginia and North Carolina in 1783. Lastly, there was Charlotina, proposed in 1763, located west of the Maumee and Wabash Rivers, north of the Ohio River, east of the Mississippi River, and south of the Great Lakes. Discussions resurrected in 1770 but nothing came of it until the first Parliament meeting when it was agreed that the land would be surveyed. It would be settled after the British Parliament split the land south of the Great Lakes from Quebec in 1783.

All of this left the situation for the Native Americans rather ambiguous. The territory bordered by the Mississippi River and the Appalachian Mountains was designated an extensive Indian Reserve in 1763. After achieving autonomy, it was decided by the Colonial Parliament that there would be two Indian reserves, one North of the Ohio River and the other to the South. The Northern Indian Reserve would be east of Charlotina, west of the Allegheny River, and South of the Great Lakes. The Southern Indian Reserve was to be located east of the Mississippi River, north of West Florida, west of Georgia, and south of Transylvania. Through various treaties, it would be seen that prominent tribes like the Shawnee in the North and Cherokee in the South would cede some of their lands to the British colonists. When the 1783 Parliamentary elections were held, the political situation was polarized but remained stable. The Tories dominated the de-centralized, agrarian southern colonies while the Whigs held the more centralized and urban northern colonies. The first British colony outside the original thirteen to join the UAC was Nova Scotia, doing so on June 18, 1784, after seeing the stability of the Commonwealth. It would not be long before other colonies would join them.

Note: New Brunswick does not separate from Nova Scotia ITTL.

Last edited: