1621193453485.png

Map of the New Holland partition, used white for France since blue won't be associated with them without the revolution.

The shape, the order the everything -just give me a run down real quick
In the north, nothing changes in the continental USA too much except the Indian reserve in the North is slowly being encroached and soon the borders of New York and Pennsylvania should resemble OTL borders. The Eastern boundary is currently the Alleghany River watershed and then 78 degrees West north to Lake Ontario. The southern boundary is the tristate border point between OTL Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia, and extends to 82 degrees West. As more Iroquois members flee into Canada, the Northern Indian Reserve will eventually go away. Nova Scotia and New Brunswick are one province, St. John's (OTL Prince Edward Island) and Upper Canada are their own provinces, with Upper Canada officially the Province of Niagara in Upper Canada.

In the South, Delaware, Maryland, South Carolina, and Georgia do not change from their OTL incarnations. Virginia now has the eastern panhandle of OTL West Virginia. The rest of West Virginia and Kentucky east of the Kentucky River form Westlyvania, while Kentucky to the west of the Kentucky River is part of Transylvania (which is bounded by the Cumberland River to the South. Tennessee is still a state but is instead bounded by the Cumberland River to the North, and the Tennessee River to the East and South (which now includes far northern Alabama). Between the Mississippi and Tennessee Rivers, the OTL Tennessee border remains intact. North Carolina's western border now extends to the Tennessee River. East and West Florida have the same boundaries that they had while ruled by the British. The Southern Indian Reserve remains mostly the northern halves of OTL Alabama and Mississippi except for Alabama to the north of the Tennessee River.

Gabingston

Kicked
The results of the poll were interesting, and thus six options become three. Please vote as soon as possible.
Here's my take on the matter of slavery in the UAC:
Peaceful, nation-wide abolition in 1833 is going to be very, very difficult, nigh impossible even. Since the cotton gin still exists and thus king cotton probably rules the south, the southern slave lobby is going to be immensely powerful within the American parliament, and would block any abolition proposal that doesn't give them enormous concessions (and even that is questionable). Britain had to pay off their slave owners IOTL to the tune of 20 Million pounds. According to this graph from Statista, one pound in 1833 was worth what just shy of 120 was worth pounds in 2019, and running that through a calculator, that gives a bill of 2.4 Billion pounds (which would equal over three billion dollars in 2019 dollars based on 2019's average exchange rate). The British abolition in 1833 freed around 800-850,000 slaves, while in the American South, the slave population was over two million, which we can still assume to be the case ITTL. That means that there are 2.5 times as many slaves in the UAC as there are in the rest of the British Empire, and assuming that the value of slaves in the UAC and the rest of the empire are the same, that means that an identical act to the 1833 Abolition in the British Empire being applied to America would cost the equivalent of 7.5 Billion USD in 2019 dollars (according to my shitty calculations). Now, that's tiny compared to federal expenditure today, but that would've been a fortune at the time, and that's not even factoring the fanaticism of the southern slave owning class and that the slave population is rapidly growing, in contrast to the Caribbean where death rates were absurdly high.
With that said, there are ways that abolition could be set into motion. For example, it was common in Latin America for Free Womb Laws to be passed, declaring that all children of slaves born after X date would become free upon reaching adulthood. Many northern states IOTL did a similar thing. While it's not ideal, it's better than nothing, and I think it would be possible in the UAC, albeit with a lot of concessions to the South. It's getting late and I've got to go to bed, so I'll just leave it there for now.

Personally, I would like it would be phased out in the Upper South first, province by province, and then abolished peacefully in the rest of the UAC, but separate to the remainder of the Empire.

Peaceful, nation-wide abolition in 1833 is going to be very, very difficult, nigh impossible even. Since the cotton gin still exists and thus king cotton probably rules the south, the southern slave lobby is going to be immensely powerful within the American parliament, and would block any abolition proposal that doesn't give them enormous concessions (and even that is questionable). Britain had to pay off their slave owners IOTL to the tune of 20 Million pounds. According to this graph from Statista, one pound in 1833 was worth what just shy of 120 was worth pounds in 2019, and running that through a calculator, that gives a bill of 2.4 Billion pounds (which would equal over three billion dollars in 2019 dollars based on 2019's average exchange rate). The British abolition in 1833 freed around 800-850,000 slaves, while in the American South, the slave population was over two million, which we can still assume to be the case ITTL. That means that there are 2.5 times as many slaves in the UAC as there are in the rest of the British Empire, and assuming that the value of slaves in the UAC and the rest of the empire are the same, that means that an identical act to the 1833 Abolition in the British Empire being applied to America would cost the equivalent of 7.5 Billion USD in 2019 dollars (according to my shitty calculations). Now, that's tiny compared to federal expenditure today, but that would've been a fortune at the time, and that's not even factoring the fanaticism of the southern slave owning class and that the slave population is rapidly growing, in contrast to the Caribbean where death rates were absurdly high.
With that said, there are ways that abolition could be set into motion. For example, it was common in Latin America for Free Womb Laws to be passed, declaring that all children of slaves born after X date would become free upon reaching adulthood. Many northern states IOTL did a similar thing. While it's not ideal, it's better than nothing, and I think it would be possible in the UAC, albeit with a lot of concessions to the South. It's getting late and I've got to go to bed, so I'll just leave it there for now.
I personally agree that abolishing slavery peacefully nationwide in 1833 is rather utopic, to say it politely, but the results of this poll are actually surprising so far. If that option prevails, then I will be sure not to have an analog to Nat Turner's Rebellion and have there be a clause where the UAC was to pass a national gradual emancipation act which would still take several decades to wipe out slavery entirely.

Last edited:
Yeah, $7.5 billion might not seem like a lot but to it in perspective that's roughly how much damage Hurricane Sally caused this past year. So it's definitely going to be expensive.

Chapter Eighteen: Europe After the Ten Years War
Chapter Eighteen: Europe After the Ten Years War

387px-1st_Baron_Grenville-cropped.jpg

Britain was fortunate to not be located in Continental Europe, or else it could have been ravaged by a joint Franco-Spanish invasion like had been done with Portugal. But it did suffer in its own right, with over 32,000 casualties and a prolonged struggle to hold down Ireland and its American and East Indies and assisting its allies in the Atlantic and Central Europe. The continued war led to the ousting of the Pitt Ministry in 1806 and being replaced by the Ministry of All Talents with politicians from both parties devoted to ensuring a peace deal, headed by Lord Grenville. Meanwhile, as King George III believed this would volatile his coronation oath, he made his opposition to Catholic emancipation clear and the issue became dormant among the Ministry. The financial realities of the war hit Britain after the Treaty was finalized, with a cost of £1.2 billion. All this caused a massive increase in debt and sent the British into a major economic recession that began in 1808 and lasted through much of 1814. Agricultural depression led to the passage of the Corn Laws in 1813 which only made the situation worse as it caused food prices to rise in the name of protecting British grain and made the economic situation unable for Ireland in the long term. Industrialization was also slowing down. Charles Cornwallis became the new Prime Minister in May 1808.

In the German-speaking realm of Europe, Austria and Prussia now had another German neighbor with the Confederation of the Rhine. The Grand Duchies of Hesse-Darmstadt, Berg, and Baden, the Principalities of Regensburg, Hohenzollern (Hechingen and Sigmaringen), Isenburg, Leyen, Liechtenstein, and Salm, the Duchies or Arenburg and Nassau, and the Kingdoms of Württemberg and Bavaria were all founding members. By 1813, the Rhine had encompassed a total of 36 German states, not including Hanover thanks to British support who it was in personal union with. This did not prevent some states from wanting unlimited sovereignty, though. The Confederation was led by Karl von Dalberg, who served as the President of the College of Kings and presided over the Diet of the Confederation. While technically a state, it was more of a military alliance than anything else, as member states had to maintain armies for mutual defense purposes. Meanwhile, the Habsburg Monarchy formalized the creation of the Austrian Empire following the armistice in Europe, coming into effect in 1809 with the dissolution of the Holy Roman Empire. Francis II, Holy Roman Emperor, became Francis I of Austria. Austria had also publicly renounced all claims to Bavaria, Baden, and Württemberg, but far-right officials made it one of their goals to get those lands back and attracted a big following.

Elsewhere in Europe, Frederick William III of Prussia had come to power in 1797 but was not able to use a gentle hand until after the Ten Years War. Initially wanting to keep Prussia out of combat and resolve its issues diplomatically, it was partially due to the influence of his wife, Louise of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, that the Prussians went to war. He was disgusted with his father’s cabinet and sought to tackle administrative reforms and restore moral dignity to the Hohenzollern dynasty after the war. In 1807, serfdom was abolished in Prussia under the October Edict, with peasants now owning over half the land they worked. To the East, Russia was dealing with its own mess. It had not been long since former Grand Duke Konstantin Pavlovich had usurped his brother, caused a civil war within Russia and was proclaimed the new Tsar of Russia. But new challenges were up ahead. His frequent stands against the Imperial Family made him popular among the Russians but was poorly received among ethnic minorities, especially the Poles. A known conservative, he sought to contain the Poles by any means necessary. He strengthened the secret police, suppressed Polish reunionist movements, harassed liberal opposition, and replaced Poles with Russians on a local administrative level. He was also known for the eccentric and sometimes cruel treatment of his own officers. Before the start of the 1820s, things would come to a head between the Russians and Poles and intervention by the Austrian Empire.

In 1788, King Charles III of Spain was succeeded by his son, Charles IV. He grew up in Naples and was largely uninterested in politics, with Maria Luisa of Parma and his chief minister Manuel de Godoy dominating most of his policies. The successful alliance with the Count of Aranda moderated his conservatism. The Ten Years War left Spain without Nootka and Louisiana and less money (but with a Spanish Bourbon Sardinia), and a lack of reforms left Spain in a bad position when Charles IV passed in 1819. In 1808, there was rioting against the final treaty of Tilsit, with much of the insurrection soon crushed. Nevertheless, Godoy was blamed for the insurrections in the first place because of the war he pushed and was ousted from his chief minister position. Developments in its Bourbon neighbor France were somewhat different. Post-war France, exhausted by decades of war, underwent a time of relative internal and external peace, indicated by a stable economy, ongoing prosperity, and industrialization. To help ease the economy, a bill was proposed by the Estates-General to convert government debt from 5% bonds to 3% bonds, which would save France almost 30 million livres a year in interest payments. Serfdom was immediately abolished. In the light of the new post-war period, serfdom was officially abolished in France in 1817 with the abolition of the slave trade, although the latter would only come into effect in 1826. The slave trade effectively lasting nine years longer would have a profound effect on its Caribbean colonies, particularly in Saint-Domingue where a storm began to brew.

Last edited:
So yeah, here is a new chapter for all you readers here to enjoy. The poll should continue to be active for about another week. There should also be a map of Europe following the Treaty of Tilsit coming soon too. While personal interest in this timeline, in particular, remains high, I am taking a hiatus from my Champions of Dixie TL although unlike most of my other timelines which I've either abandoned or put on hiatus, work on it will resume sometime in the future. With me applying for jobs in the coming weeks and summer classes, I'm not sure when that will be, but that shouldn't be a concern with this TL for the time being.

Last edited:
I don't particularly love this map but this is the best I could do for the time.

View attachment 652847
Light Blue = France
Lavender = Hapsburg Monarchy
Black = Prussia
Red = Poland-Lithuania
Gold = Russian Empire
Yellow = United Netherlands
Pink = United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland and Hannover (Personal Union)

I'm only guessing based on the colors (not the countries)
But this is actually pretty good

Light Blue = France
Lavender = Hapsburg Monarchy
Black = Prussia
Red = Poland-Lithuania
Gold = Russian Empire
Yellow = United Netherlands
Pink = United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland and Hannover (Personal Union)

I'm only guessing based on the colors (not the countries)
But this is actually pretty good
I just realized I forgot the independent Brussels. That should be fixed now. And Red is the Duchy of Warsaw

Last edited: