Future Map series: Unified States of the Galaxy Subdivisions

Intro Post
In an unspecified time in the far future of Humanity, several planets in the Milky Way Galaxy are united together under a country, most of these planets being Human Colonies but some having extraterrestrial populations, others a majority

This country very much so embraces the ideals of freedom, the one that is most relevant here is the fact that they highly value the idea of self determination, and since nationalism died long ago they don't have to worry about groups wanting to leave the union, but with the death of nationalism comes a massive increase in regionalism, meaning many groups want their region to be an official state, plus these states are semi-autonomous which shows even more so how much they value local politics, plus if theres a movement that wants autonomy in your area, even if its just a small minority, you will likely get to vote on it in your region, and if a majority of the voters vote yes, you will get to become a state!

Also each state has their own currency but lts purely symbolic since this world is post scarcity, tho it's still used for some things, mainly having to do with collectors and tourists who love the stuff.

Another interesting thing is, despite the regionalism, almost every state is quite multicultural.

In this nation there are three federal subdivision levels including the federal government:

1. the federal government, which makes all the laws in order to defend the rights, freedoms and keep safe all the people living in their union

2. the Planetary Governments, since each planet has their own unique issues it has to deal with, each one gets its own government which deals with these issues on a planet by planet level

(unofficial 3: the Regional Governments, each state is grouped together with several other states to create regions which are the closest in size to modern nations as we got here, the regional governments were used in place of Planetary governments before it was decided planetary governments was a better idea, when this series is set they are now used by the planetary government as electoral provinces for one of their legislatures, and are used as unofficial governments in order to fight in the higher levels of government for things the underrepresented minorities in their individual regions want)

3. the Governments of the States, these are the truly semi-autonomous regions because, while they have to obey all laws made by the two governments above them, they are free to make any other laws they desire, and do whatever they want with little to no oversight

In this map series, at first, we will be focusing on Earth, since thats my home planet and where this government started out, we will see other worlds later though

As for more info on the federal government, I will eventually give them an entry on here, and don't worry as this part of the post will be deleted when I do

Also if you are a fan keep in mind that the tables for each nation may be changed in the future if I need to, whether that be because I'm adding new info or I needed to change their map up, either way check thru frequently if you are a fan

I will also sometimes make new posts about the same states, talking about things that could make a good post of their own

I will be posting these States in no particular order, but I will try to make them alphabetical on the thread mark more or less

If you all have any questions I will try to answer them, so please go ahead and ask

Also please recommend future states you wish to be added, I will at least consider all ideas

Last edited:
State: Republic of Artsakh
Artsakh is a state in modern day Azerbaijan that is traditionally majority Armenian.

Ho3Pg1G.png

This is the M-Bam I will be updating each time I add a state since M-Bam is all that is big enough to hold it all. If M-Bam ceases to be dead I will modify my maps each time it updates but for now here it is in how M-Bam looks now (BTW heres the link to the M-Bam thread if you want to help fix all the errors: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/the-m-bam-main-thread.376181):
ocQQWyj.png

And for anyone who didnt look into the spoiler but can handle M-Bam and wants to help finish it: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/the-m-bam-main-thread.376181)

Last edited:
Can we add in our own autonomous regions, or do we leave that solely to you?

I would prefer to do it, tho if you want to start something based around this idea in shared worlds Id honestly love it, this thread I want to be my own TL tho

Tho you can recommend anything to me, hell even post a map with your suggestion if you so desire

Also if anyone wants to help me find resources to use for this it would be appreciated, I may even post about it anytime I need resources, my first one will actually be about my last state, if anyone has a source for the secondary subdivisions (communities) of Artsakh then I would appreciate you posting it, preferably a map tho descriptions would be better then nothing