Fun for fans of wince-inducingly wrong maps!

I demand Slovenia must return South Tyrol to Austria! But Austria must first move Vienna back to Vienna instead on having it in Salzburg...

This is eerie, because my geography class were mocking the cover of a (thnkfully obsolete) textbook this very day. The Soviet Union,, Yugoslavia, and East Germany are old friends by now, but this one had new surprises. Switzerland had gone south for Lebensraum, Ireland had been annexed to Britain, the Danes were encamped in the northern suburbs of Hamburg, Thrace and Sardinia-Sicily had seceded, and the Soviet Union had annexed Poland whilst granting independence to everything south of the Kuban-Terek. As one country.

Is this the map that assualted you, sir?

anything.png

Susano

Banned
The funny thing about the inflated globe borders is they got the borders SUCH wrong they had to insert empty spaces at places, like between Russia and Finland/the Baltics (and that even though Estonia and Latvia have massively ecpanded!), and where Austria, Switzerland, Italy and Slovenia meet...

Oh, and Gotland has become Polish. And Brest, Palermo, Tangier and Heraclion are swimming cities, it seems. Welcome to the future. I also like the North Finnish Bay and the People's Blob of Hungary...

Susano

Banned
And Germany even seems to have Alsace-Lorraine and even more parts of Lorraine :D And Frankfurt has seemingly moved to the Ruhr Area, to form an uber-Megaplex :D

I've just realized another thing wrong with Catboys map Bulgaria has taken control of Istanbul and eastern Greece and is no longer a puppet of the USSR

Thande

Donor
Might as well post the other photo I managed to take, although it focused on my camera strap by accident so it's a bit blurry. Particularly note the DR Congo's eastward extension...

ME A.JPG

nice. looks like cameroon went crazy, and the DPC lost its coastline, and expanded inland to compensate.

Susano

Banned
nice. looks like cameroon went crazy, and the DPC lost its coastline, and expanded inland to compensate.

Actually, the African borders all look better than in europe. Probably because there are less states per area and less complicated borders... the "bow" in Cameroons eastern border is a bite xaggerated, but elsewise Camroon looks fine, and the DRCs sea acess IS that small... the only odd thing is Uganda and the DRCs northeastern expansion...

Thande

Donor
Actually, the African borders all look better than in europe. Probably because there are less states per area and less complicated borders... the "bow" in Cameroons eastern border is a bite xaggerated, but elsewise Camroon looks fine, and the DRCs sea acess IS that small... the only odd thing is Uganda and the DRCs northeastern expansion...

Sudan and Egypt were also enormously wide as the seam went down them, though it's not as obvious from this angle.

Thande,
Your inflatable globe is a prime example of a cartographic abortion, and it must be destroyed NOW!!:D:D:D Now my eyes are bleeding uncontrollably after looking at that horrid travesty of a map. Good thing you talked your teacher friend out of buying that piece of sh!t globe. No wonder geographical illiteracy is at an all time high these days, when crappy globes like that are passed off as educational tools (sic).