Full(est) House - Constitutional Apportionment Amendment

What data should be used to determine party share?

• 2020 Presidential

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 2016 & 2020 Presidential

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever automatic composite DRA gives me for each state

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey all. I send this to Jacob directly, but he asked me to post to the main thread.

I'm impressed with this thread and the amount of work going into it. It really makes you think how small changes can have big impacts over time. As a Rhode Islander, though, I will tell you that no state politicians will ever create a district that crosses the bay like that. In a parochial state like RI (I'm not a native, but been here 20 years) there would be a second Dorr Rebellion. They are screaming during this current redistricting because assembly districts are having to be different than town borders in some locations. It's just a nitpick and I am definitely not suggesting you change your work. I have no idea on how else it might be split under those new guidelines, but it seems like you are putting a lot of time and effort to make something reasonable and practical, so I'm sharing. All and all, I'm subbing to the thread and happy I stumbled onto it.

Thanks for starting this.

Hey all. I send this to Jacob directly, but he asked me to post to the main thread.

I'm impressed with this thread and the amount of work going into it. It really makes you think how small changes can have big impacts over time. As a Rhode Islander, though, I will tell you that no state politicians will ever create a district that crosses the bay like that. In a parochial state like RI (I'm not a native, but been here 20 years) there would be a second Dorr Rebellion. They are screaming during this current redistricting because assembly districts are having to be different than town borders in some locations. It's just a nitpick and I am definitely not suggesting you change your work. I have no idea on how else it might be split under those new guidelines, but it seems like you are putting a lot of time and effort to make something reasonable and practical, so I'm sharing. All and all, I'm subbing to the thread and happy I stumbled onto it.

Thanks for starting this.
Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 10.52.44 AM.png

Would this be better?

Am I missing where Connecticut has been posted?
No, it's just that we moved most of the work to discord because it's much easier (and much more prevalent) than AH.com

If you'd like to join and see the individual maps, our server link has been threadmarked.

We're getting close to Phase II, which involves revising and improving the existing state maps. Some exciting progress will soon be shown here!

As a geek with equal amounts of love for mathematics and American history, it was only a matter of time before I stumbled upon the Congressional Apportionment Amendment. To briefly summarize the CAA such that those with more of a life than I can have some understanding, it was an amendment proposed by James Madison that would define the number of seats in the House of Representatives by a certain formula.

Following this formula using 2020 Census data yields 1,723 seats in the House.

The purpose of this thread is not to ruminate on how the passage of this amendment would turn the nation on her head, how the Senate's power would balloon, and the utter havoc this massive paradigm shift would wreak on American history.

Rather, this is my interpretation on a "wow it's the House but big" scenario, but using an objective, historically plausible (only one state away from ratification!) method to determine the size of the House. I've already crunched all the numbers, so this thread will be solely devoted towards Dave's Redistricting maps made with these parameters

This is technically collaborative - while I plan to make plenty of these maps myself, I heartily welcome the prospect of outside contributions. If you wish to map out a state, simply let me know and I'll provide you with whatever resources and assistance you may require.

Also, if this is the wrong place for such a thread, please do correct me.
I absolutely love this. I mean, I'm kind of jealous because I'm working on something similar, but I can't but wish you good luck with this project 😄😄😄✨.

Thanks a ton! If you don’t mind my asking, what’s your project like?
It's basically the same as your project, except that I used a different POD to get there (and I got a different number for the 2020 census as a result) 😛. I already did 17 state maps (some of which I already posted in a politi-chat thread) but decided to work on some wikiboxes for them, which is slowing everything quite a bit 😂.

All in all, I love your project because you (and the other guys who supported it) have put a lot of work into it and are very close to finishing it 😄✨.

It's basically the same as your project, except that I used a different POD to get there (and I got a different number for the 2020 census as a result) 😛. I already did 17 state maps (some of which I already posted in a politi-chat thread) but decided to work on some wikiboxes for them, which is slowing everything quite a bit 😂.

All in all, I love your project because you (and the other guys who supported it) have put a lot of work into it and are very close to finishing it 😄✨.
Oh we're basically already finished, Phase I wrapped up 20 minutes ago. Do you have any interest in combining your expertise with ours?

Last edited:
Credit to MapMakingThrowaway for drawing the districts as well as others for the district names.
F6yokf1.png

Last edited: