Fringeworthy(aka Stargate before Stargate)

242356.png

So recently while looking up alt history stuff I came across this interesting RPG.
Essentially the plot goes that in the near future a Japanese research team in Antarctica discovers an alien ring in the thawing ice caps. Built by an race called the Tehrmelern this gate can link to an extra dimensional ‘fringe space’ though which many alternate realities can reached. The catch is, only a select few(the titular Fringeworthy) have the ability to use the gates and travel the multiverse. The UN establishes an organization made up of said fringeworthy to go explore and acquire technology, allies, etc for our world. To make matters more complicated there’s an another group of aliens called the Mellor that are deliberately going around and wiping out worlds.

The funny thing despite its similarities to Stargate, the first edition of Fringeworthy was published 12 years before the original Roland Emmeriach film. Apparently there was some talk of a law suit but nothing came of it.

Anyways, well not much of role player myself I find the game’s world to be pretty interesting. I’m curious if anyone has any experience/thoughts on it.