Friedrich Nietzsche remains lucid

Teshuvah

Banned
What would have happened if Friedrich Nietzsche had not suffered his mental collapse in January 1889? Given his health, how long could he have lived?

Would he have made it into the 20th century? If so, what would have been his reaction to the First World War? What sort of butterflies does his continuing to live and write create?

Last edited:
I think we had a thread on this, to summarize less of an influence on the Nazi's because his Nazi sister won't publish his unfished writings like the Will to Power nor will she take the Overman out its personal existential connotations into something about race. Possibly more of an influence on libertarianism granted it's the closest you can even get to pining Nietzsche to a political view.

I think we had a thread on this, to summarize less of an influence on the Nazi's because his Nazi sister won't publish his unfished writings like the Will to Power nor will she take the Overman out its personal existential connotations into something about race. Possibly more of an influence on libertarianism granted it's the closest you can even get to pining Nietzsche to a political view.
I always had him as a rabid anarchist myself.

I always had him as a rabid anarchist myself.

He never really called for the destruction of society, but he didn't care about Nationalism, which is why he broke with Wagner, nor did he care about equality, so Libertarian is well the closest I could get to a political label, and unless an individualist is somehow one? Considering that at least from Thus Spoke Zarathustra there's more of a very individualistic streak where the Overman is not supposed to be something for society but more a personal journey than anything else.

The question is if he makes it to the outbreak of World War I in 1914. He would have been seventy then, which was old for that time, so that is an open question, as to whether the war would have affected his philosophy.

He never really called for the destruction of society, but he didn't care about Nationalism, which is why he broke with Wagner, nor did he care about equality, so Libertarian is well the closest I could get to a political label, and unless an individualist is somehow one? Considering that at least from Thus Spoke Zarathustra there's more of a very individualistic streak where the Overman is not supposed to be something for society but more a personal journey than anything else.
He openly cursed the existence of the State. And yes, he didn't truly care for equality. But he counts as an individualist/egotist brand of Anarchist.

Whilst true, in Thus Spoke Zarathustra he is pretty condemning of both your conventional anarchist and the advocate of the state. I remember one section where he just rails on anyone who advocates for a state or has a statist mindset as too weak.
Quite frankly, had he been alive I could see him pissing off both the Nazis and the Anarchists who would claim his legacy.