Four More Years: Eisenhower 1960

Who should be the 1960 Democratic Nominee (this will matter)

• JFK

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • LBJ

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Stuart Symington

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Adlai Stevenson

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Hubert Humphrey

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Wayne Morse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paul C. Fisher

• George Smathers

• A pug

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi. I am a pug. Please forgive my spelling and grammar. This timeline takes place in a world were the 22nd amendment is never ratified. I would also like to ask how you get those alternate wikiboxes. Other than that, have a nice day.

1960 Republican primaries

Dwight Eisenhower would run for a third straight term. By the first primary only one person would challenge him: Barry Goldwater, a senator from Arizona.

New Hampshire

Eisenhower: 67.15%

Goldwater: 32.80%

Others: 0.5%

Wisconsin

Eisenhower: 56.1

Goldwater: 42.7

Others: 1.2

Illinois:

Eisenhower: 62%

Goldwater: 37.2%

Others: 0.8

New Jersey

Goldwater: 78%

Eisenhower: 10%

Other: 2%

Massachusetts:

Eisenhower: 54.3%

Goldwater: 43%

Other: 2.7

After losing ⅘ primaries Goldwater would suspend his campaign and endorse Eisenhower for president.

h5IDRd4xCDLnTqeMRw1c7po5i4IIIq1-PdwZ4jDx8KAijlBcs-OKDhyhN732vs4TDIujC98wQp71US1i_svptwvWC2qbC2mMm1GAsgY_llwsFUcIRMzwnFxTZgPw_c4r-bCILuyV

Goldwater announcing that he was suspending his campaign

Eisenhower would accept his third Republican nomination.

Hadn't Eisenhower already bad health on this time? I know that he lived several years longer but he and other Republicans hardly know that. I am not sure if he would run third term. And why he would do that?

I would also like to ask how you get those alternate wikiboxes.

You go to an existing article and change stuff around, then you preview it (do not save!) and take a screenshot of what you made. Then you trim the box into the right size in Paint or equivalent.

Interesting idea, BTW, will follow.

I'd feel so bad for Adlai Stevenson if he won the nomination (since we know Eisenhower will win). "Seriously guys, third time's the charm. I got it this time."

Don't think his health would have been good enough for him to want to.run a young and as far as the public knew healthy JFK would be an interesting opponent

Don't think his health would have been good enough for him to want to.run a young and as far as the public knew healthy JFK would be an interesting opponent
If Ike ran again, would he still want Nixon as his v-p? Or convince him to spend-more-time-with-my-family and choose someone less, well, Nixony?

Wallet

Banned
Uh....

1. Eisenhower was loved and an incumbent. Goldwater was considered a radical senator. He wouldn't get more then 10% in any state.

2. But Eisenhower was in horrible health. He suffered numerous strokes and heart attacks. Some of his doctors did not want him to run in 1956, fearing the election would kill him. Now add 4 more years and another election.

3. But Eisenhower would win in a landslide in 1960 if he survives. Kennedy knows this so he isn't going to run. That's suicide.

4. The party isn't picking Stevenson. My money is on either LBJ or Humphrey.

Democratic Primaries Part 1.

New Hampshire

Lyndon B. Johnson: 30%

John F. Kennedy: 28%

Hubert Humphrey: 24%

Stuart Symington: 10%

Adlai Stevenson: 6%

A. Pug: 1.7%

Others: 0.3%

Wisconsin:

Hubert Humphrey: 52%

Lyndon B. Johnson: 20%

John F. Kennedy: 10%

Stuart Symington: 10%

Adlai Stevenson: 6%

A. Pug: 1.9%

Others: 0.1%

After poor performances in the first two primaries Pug, Stevenson, and Symington would all drop out.

2_sts2mh3J-QgyGBqIofkXuwnzY43rR-QqgKBXTycxq_gHz0w0_vwfT_9scNVi46JlYNKKCH0aQ0CRHd5GIQ5STgMukkD7j7jN4LIRdE-JU5kJ2kkzHOuumb-zrJh96R7W-vTN2d

A. Pug announcing that he was dropping out.

Illinois

Lyndon B. Johnson: 35%

Hubert Humphrey: 32%

John F. Kennedy: 31.4

Others: 1.6

New Jersey

John F. Kennedy: 39%

Hubert Humphrey: 31%

Lyndon B. Johnson: 29%

Others: 1%

Massachusetts

John F. Kennedy: 62%

Lyndon B. Johnson: 22%

Hubert Humphrey: 14%

Other: 2%

Bulldoggus

Banned
Hi. I am a pug. Please forgive my spelling and grammar. This timeline takes place in a world were the 22nd amendment is never ratified. I would also like to ask how you get those alternate wikiboxes. Other than that, have a nice day.
I am the only one allowed to have the name of a smooshfaced doggo here.

Democratic Primaries part 2

Pennsylvania

Lyndon B. Johnson: 36%

John F. Kennedy: 35%

Hubert Humphrey: 29%

Indiana

Lyndon B. Johnson: 40%

Hubert Humphrey: 37%

John F. Kennedy: 23%

Ohio

Michael DiSalle (FS): 56%

Lyndon B. Johnson: 17%

Hubert Humphrey: 14%

John F. Kennedy: 13%

Washington D.C

Hubert Humphrey: 43%

Lyndon B. Johnson: 32%

John F. Kennedy: 25%

Nebraska:

Lyndon B. Johnson: 39%

Hubert Humphrey: 37%

John F. Kennedy: 24%

ATiTl1NMu4PiAuvUbnBWsI260rI2-4EIkkSZjYWVgIYjdPz6jo0mceDkZyNHETpS0VAPVOgZDPNhpMq29I7JtNtNVdbiIskx1TzXSgVUe22U0E1usiUKZIQOVwT716o-UhNjFX1E

After a string of losses Kennedy would drop out and endorse Hubert Humphrey

West Virginia:

Lyndon B. Johnson: 53%

Hubert Humphrey: 47%

Maryland:

Hubert Humphrey: 56%

Lyndon B. Johnson: 44%

Oregon:

Wayne Morse (FS): 46%

Hubert Humphrey: 31%

Lyndon B. Johnson: 23%

Florida:

George Smathers (FS): 62%

Hubert Humphrey: 15%

Lyndon B. Johnson: 13%

California

Pat Brown (FS): 67%

Hubert Humphrey: 20%

Lyndon B. Johnson: 13%

South Dakota

Hubert Humphrey: 73%

Lyndon B. Johnson: 27%

Johnson would win the Primaries and win the nomination at the convention. Johnson would need to choose a vice president that could connect the Northern and Southern wings of the Party. He decided on John F. Kennedy. Kennedy had gotten third place in the primaries but he seemed popular enough.

On the Republican side Eisenhower was deciding on whether or not he wanted Nixon as his Vice President anymore, he was considering making Nixon Secretary of Defense. However since he had won two with Nixon he was going to continue the winning tradition.

The General election was gonna be extremely close, the polls show that this is a three way race. Because even though Eisenhower was beloved many people felt it was time for a change.

Eisenhower: 42%
Johnson: 37%

Byrd: 18%

Other: 3%