For Want of A Sandwich - A Franz Ferdinand Lives Wikibox TL

Liechtenstein
Liechtenstein.jpg

How big would it be compared to OTL Moscow? Would OTL Moscow still be bigger than TTL's Berlin or would TTL's Berlin still be bigger than Moscow ITTL? And speaking of urban stuff, what building is the tallest skyscraper ITTL?
I work in real estate, so it would be a good thinking...
Based on this thread by Frank Hart on 8 OTL countries being ISOTed to the Footprint of Mussolini universe, here are the 8 OTL countries I would send to the For Want of a Sandwich universe if I could chose, which would be the following;
  1. France
  2. Denmark
  3. Belgium
  4. Israel
  5. India
  6. Fiji
  7. Bolivia
  8. Thailand
Links to OTL maps for reference.
Excellent ideas... I think that Germany would go bonkers to see a France seizing Alsace and having nuclear weapons on its borders. The Hashemites would also be pissed off at Israel.

I work in real estate, so it would be a good thinking...

Excellent ideas... I think that Germany would go bonkers to see a France seizing Alsace and having nuclear weapons on its borders. The Hashemites would also be pissed off at Israel.
Thank you. Yep, I can imagine a German-French rivalry would pop up again in the aftermath of the ISOT. Israel I can imagine would be emboldened by the antisemitism of the World of FWoaS, alongside the general problems with the Hashemites.

Meanwhile, I think Chinese-Indian relations would be interesting to say the least.

Meanwhile here is a map of the ISOT I made using the Simple World Map in Mapchart.

image0.jpg

Last edited:
History of Liechtenstein
Ancien Liechtenstein.jpg

…The Principality of Liechtenstein would remain neutral during the whole Great European War, in spite of being closely tied to Austria-Hungary at the time : however, as peace returned to the continent under a bright sky for Mitteleuropa, the small country would adopt a new Constitution by 5 October 1921, establishing a parliamentary monarchy, using referendums.

However, with the establishment of the Danubian Federation and the outbreak of the Danubian War, Liechtenstein, that had abolished its army, found itself willing to strength its ties with neighboring Switzerland : after the 1928 military coup in Vienna, the Principality was occupied by Austrian troops, that would remain for the whole duration of the war to avoid any further temptation from Vaduz. The Austrian troops left after the Copenhagen Conference and Liechtenstein renewed its customs’ union with the Danubian Federation. Due to the utter traumatism of the occupation, Hereditary Prince Alois, who had thought of abdicating in favor of his son, ruled anyway as Prince Alois III. During the World War, the Principality was again neutral and was in fact totally ignored by the Syndicalist troops, due to its insignificance and lack of strategic value, while Switzerland and Austria were occupied ; the Principality nevertheless made a profit during the conflict, welcoming refugees from both countries and by the way their wealth.

As the Danubian Federation voted for union with Germany, Liechtenstein, left without any major partner, chose, under its new Prince Franz Josef II, to tie its links with the German Empire and to become its latest member state, allowing the Prince to become a full member of the Bundesrat and Liechtenstein to gain a seat in the Reichstag. Liechtenstein would become a very peaceful principality, a swing member state between the Zentrum and the DVP and, more controversially, a financial centre known for a bank secrecy as tight as Switzerland’s, becoming in fact a tax haven within Germany, as Delaware was in the United States.

In 2003, in a context of austerity measures, the Imperial government of Horst Seehofer petitioned the government of Liechtenstein to cease all banking secrecy and its lax taxation rates, seeing it as an unfair and unlawful competition with other German states. After Prince Hans Adam II had threatened leave the German Empire if Liechtenstein’s financial independent was at stake, the Prince convened of a referendum with the Imperial government, promising to abdicate should it pass ; the referendum effectively passed with a small majority of little more than 52 %, prompting Prince Hans Adam II to abdicate and Liechtenstein to align its banking and taxation on other German states.

Alois IV, Prince of Liechtenstein
AloisIV.jpg

Alois IV (born Alois Philipp Maria von Liechtenstein on 11 June 1968) is the reigning Prince of Liechtenstein, having succeeded his father Hans Adam II after his abdication on 15 August 2003. He hails from the House of Liechtenstein.

A graduate of the Prussian Staff College and the University of Salzburg, the Hereditary Prince would succeed his father after the 2003 referendum, on which Hans Adam II had put his crown at stake in order to preserve Liechtenstein’ status as a tax haven within the German Empire. After the vote passed, Alois IV’s father abdicated yet remained in Liechtenstein, while Alois IV ascended.

Since coming to power, Alois IV pledged to align Liechtenstein’s financial policies on its neighbours, allowing the Principality to be removed from the World Council’s list of tax havens by 2008; thanks to his princely veto, he was however adamant in rejecting laws that would allow abortion and birth control in 2005 and 2011.

Thank you. Yep, I can imagine a German-French rivalry would pop up again in the aftermath of the ISOT. Israel I can imagine would be emboldened by the antisemitism of the World of FWoaS, alongside the general problems with the Hashemites.

Meanwhile, I think Chinese-Indian relations would be interesting to say the least.

Meanwhile here is a map of the ISOT I made using the Simple World Map in Mapchart.

image0.jpg
Denmark, by having Schleswig-Holstein, would also piss off Germany, as well as the German-speaking regions of Belgium : anyone would be amazed by the fact the country is still united. The neighbours of Thailand would be flabbergasted to see the country united, while Bolivia would also be considered by its neighbours for ascension. Pakistan would be quite empty and maybe the target of further Iranian expansion.

I know this thread has changed multiple times with edits and updates, but I can't find the post that references the titular timeline title-the want of a sandwich and the circumstances leading to Franz surviving.

I know this thread has changed multiple times with edits and updates, but I can't find the post that references the titular timeline title-the want of a sandwich and the circumstances leading to Franz surviving.

It's based on the disproven idea that Gavrilo Princip was ordering a sandwich when he saw the Austrian Archduke. Here he is actually is and thus loses his chance to make history.

Nice. I would pick the following:

Nigeria
Turkey
United Kingdom
Uganda
Ukraine
Canada
Poland
Malaysia

It's based on the disproven idea that Gavrilo Princip was ordering a sandwich when he saw the Austrian Archduke. Here he is actually is and thus loses his chance to make history.

Nigeria
Turkey
United Kingdom
Uganda
Ukraine
Canada
Poland
Malaysia
Yeah I recall that, I was just wondering if the original post was out there somewhere. I first read the timeline a few months ago, so re-reading it I can't find it

This ISOT would be the most interesting IMO with how there would be two Zelenskys ITTL, the one busy defending his homeland and the one being not!Frank Underwood. And speaking of which, what countries from this TL would be most interesting to send to OTL? Me? Greece, Russia, Azania, Germany, and China.

Times' Events of the Year
Due to the unexpected result of the Battle of Verderonne in 1927, American magazine Time was not able to effectively cover the historic event nor to draw on its consequences ; as a result, Time began an annual issue featuring an event that "for better or for worse... has done the most to change the world this year". There was a debate inside the redaction to switch it for the selection of a "Man of the Year", that would have featured Syndicalist General Jacques Doriot, but the redaction chose not to put forward a Syndicalist official.

Time-1.jpg

Time-2.jpg

Time-3.jpg

Time-4.jpg

Time-5.jpg

Time-6.jpg

Time-7.jpg

Time-8.jpg

As X_X said, it's about the urban legend that led Gavrilo Princip to be on spot when Franz Ferdinand passed. There is a small reference in passing to an assassination attempt in Sarajevo in Franz Ferdinand's update, but still.

Nigeria
Turkey
United Kingdom
Uganda
Ukraine
Canada
Poland
Malaysia

So, ITTL, what would be the deadliest plane crash in this world (basically the TTL equivalent to Tenerife)?
I don't know, but in a reference to OTL, maybe it could have taken place in Malaysia...
👌 Nice stuff. 👍

Yeah I recall that, I was just wondering if the original post was out there somewhere. I first read the timeline a few months ago, so re-reading it I can't find it

This ISOT would be the most interesting IMO with how there would be two Zelenskys ITTL, the one busy defending his homeland and the one being not!Frank Underwood. And speaking of which, what countries from this TL would be most interesting to send to OTL? Me? Greece, Russia, Azania, Germany, and China.

Mine would be the following:
1. Forbidden City
2. China
3. Armenia
4. Ryuku
5. Chile
This game is actually quite fun, I hadn't seen it. All would have... very interesting consequences. An euphemism to say it would be a horrific mess.

Due to the unexpected result of the Battle of Verderonne in 1927, American magazine Time was not able to effectively cover the historic event nor to draw on its consequences ; as a result, Time began an annual issue featuring an event that "for better or for worse... has done the most to change the world this year". There was a debate inside the redaction to switch it for the selection of a "Man of the Year", that would have featured Syndicalist General Jacques Doriot, but the redaction chose not to put forward a Syndicalist official.

View attachment 772118
View attachment 772119
View attachment 772120
View attachment 772121
View attachment 772122
View attachment 772123
View attachment 772124
View attachment 772125
I want to see a more in-depth look of theses events individually

View attachment 772118
View attachment 772119
View attachment 772120
View attachment 772121
View attachment 772122
View attachment 772123
View attachment 772124
View attachment 772125
Which countries does the Havana Treaty include?

Have to say the most recent update was really great! Definitely helped a few things that I had been wondering about click into place, like Walter Evans Edge's impeachment.

View attachment 772118
View attachment 772119
View attachment 772120
View attachment 772121
View attachment 772122
View attachment 772123
View attachment 772124
View attachment 772125
Aw hell yeah! This is so cool and awesome!

…Yep, shame about Paris though…

…Wait.

THEY BLEW UP THE PYRAMIDS AND THE SPHINX!?!?! And the Dome of the Rock too!?!