For All Mankind (AH Tv series at Apple TV)

So, gonna be honest: I kinda peaced out after Episode three. It felt less like a show about alternate history and more like a soap opera with astronauts. The whole Ed leaves Nasa plot kind of soured me. I might watch it again, but for now I had to take a break from it.
Too much plot armor around the stevens brothers and Margo also soured things for me.
A lot of problems wouldn’t happen if Plot Induced Stupidity didn’t happen

first photo of season 4
seems a spacesuits from Helios
the actress Tyner Rushing will play a "Samantha, a space worker on the Mars colony"
Also Toby Kebbell is joining the cast of season 4 as Miles, a "former offshore oil platform worker who pursues a new job opportunity on Mars"
FejDyZ4VsAAqy8m
Can I get a source on that?

Zor

Minor speculation but...
Lenara Catiche, the head of Roscosmos in Season 3, is going to be the next head of the USSR. Having Putin in charge is A: too much of a Stretch in a timeline where the USSR is intact and B: going to be too raw a nerve given all his IRL Bullshit.

Also a minor point, but Sovcosmos would have been a better name for the Soviet Space Program.

Zor

Minor speculation but...
Lenara Catiche, the head of Roscosmos in Season 3, is going to be the next head of the USSR. Having Putin in charge is A: too much of a Stretch in a timeline where the USSR is intact and B: going to be too raw a nerve given all his IRL Bullshit.

Also a minor point, but Sovcosmos would have been a better name for the Soviet Space Program.

Zor
My speculation is this

Ethnic issues in the USSR really starts kicking off. She will be forced to deal with internal problems.

Maybe Catiche, maybe wossname, the mission commander. I think they went with Roscosmos to give themselves more OTL footage to play with.

Regarding the ATL in this series, I have always wondered what happened to Bill Proxmire and Walter Mondale, the two most famous anti-space politicians in history. Were they voted out of office in the Seventies? I would assume they would still be on the fringes of American politics and would only show up to write guest editorials now and then and decry the advances of the ATL NASA Moon and Mars programs. I would love to see the looks on their faces if one of their grandkids tells them that they got a job with NASA or Helios! Any thoughts/comments?

Regarding the ATL in this series, I have always wondered what happened to Bill Proxmire and Walter Mondale, the two most famous anti-space politicians in history. Were they voted out of office in the Seventies? I would assume they would still be on the fringes of American politics and would only show up to write guest editorials now and then and decry the advances of the ATL NASA Moon and Mars programs. I would love to see the looks on their faces if one of their grandkids tells them that they got a job with NASA or Helios! Any thoughts/comments?
I would assume that they both lost their elections or something to make the ATL of the series work or something.

Mad thought- the changes to the world of For All Mankind brought about the Space Age allows for the genetic engineering required for Khan Noohan Singh and other 'supermen' to rise in the 90's, with the Wars against them starting in 1992. The Augments/Khanate is defeated by 1996 and, though unknown at the time Khan feels Earth in the ship the European/Commonwealth ship built in Australia to take part in the Mars race.

How might the Eugenics Wars effect our characters?

The race to Mars that took place in 1994 is likely delayed as resources are moved elsewhere.

The Polaris Orbital Hotel built 1990-92 might still happen as its a private company, but the opening in 92 is possibly delayed due to the war- could the hotel be seized by the US Military or the Khanate as a orbital base?

Kelly Baldwin born as Nguyen Thi Hanh is a 1996 birth in Vietnam, so she is likely butterflied away since the war seriously effected that part of the world.

Does Ellen Wilson win the Presidency nomination in 1992?

I could still see the JSC bombed in 1995, possibly even by the same group for the same reason, but it will be blamed on the Khan not domestic terrorists.

Not sure if Margo would quit as Flight Director or if Sergei would make it out of the USSR in this changed world. Possible Margo goes out with the bomb so Aleida keeps her suspicions about the spy quiet.

The Mars Race might become a 'feel good' event in the aftermath of the Eugenics mess so launching around November 1996 since the Khanate collapses in June.

Thoughts?

Did Ellen actually resign?

Despite the fact she came out did she deceive the American public? Sure she is gay, but she also loves her husband and son- she can be both.

I am sure the American political types and news would go nuts with it, but then the Bombing goes down- I’m sure the Presidential scandal is nothing compared to that, particularly if Ellen comes out strong and fighting against those whom did it.

Sure, she is not getting re-elected, but I think she could actually make it to the end of her term.

Watching S1 right now. I like it!

Glad Gordo is getting put in his place for being such a douche. :D
Finished S2. I think I mightve liked it a little less than S1. That still makes it a good season (S1 was great). Excited to see S3. Will probably start that next week.

Out of curiosity what does the average RL astronaut career look like? I can’t tell if what’s happening in show is normal or if it’s a function of it being a TV show paying for a main cast.

Finished S2. I think I mightve liked it a little less than S1. That still makes it a good season (S1 was great). Excited to see S3. Will probably start that next week.

Out of curiosity what does the average RL astronaut career look like? I can’t tell if what’s happening in show is normal or if it’s a function of it being a TV show paying for a main cast.
Among the astronauts in the Artemis team presented in 2020 there were at least 3 persons well over 50 (they will be closing to 60 now), and they were serious contenders for a very important mission. FAM space technology is much more advanced than ours, e.g. the Phoenix could offer much better accomodations than OTL starships. So in FAM even veterans like Ed Baldwin might still be in active service in 1990s.
However, in 2003 I think all the astronauts from seasons 1-2 will be mostly NASA administrators and advisors and new generation presented in season 3 will carry the torch. The time is ruthless and human body has its limits.
OTOH, Ed Baldwin will be around 70 and John Glenn went to space when he was 77. I can easily believe Baldwin being called back to active service if there is a serious crisis.
And there will be one. What would be the fun without a crisis? Perhaps something "Space Cowboys" style, when only someone familiar with old technology can do the job? They do it together with Soviets, and Ed is shocked hearing a very familiar voice on Soviet frequencies...