For All Mankind (AH Tv series at Apple TV)

Maybe but it is gonna be hard, there is a dead PM after all and you know MI5 was given the okay to do what needed to be done.

And MI5 they would do it gladly.
That one still sticks in my craw a bit, as it didn't seem to do anything for the plot at all and was just there to get rid of Thatcher. Not helped that I'm still irritated at the total research failure that went into that fake newspaper article for it.
And militias? They were planning for the end of days.
I'm pretty sure that militia's in the US are going to have too many problems without Y2K.
If the bombing of NASA is TTL's OK City bombing, I thing the response is going to be a much harder crackdown on the forces that lead to it OTL
Well it will likely be referenced and JPII’s successor could be a worse pope.

“The Vatican stated they flatly refuses to cooperate on helping locate father Vincent Gregory, whom has an astonishing 23 accusations of Sexual assault levied against him so far.”
Sadly a possibility. Though considering the generally hopeful tone of the series, hopefully not.
More likely, “You Dani Poole and Gordo Stevens are all liars and the Stevens died for that lie!” *Punch* Moon landing denier on ground ko’ed.
I honestly think it would be better if they just allude to "That time you disagreed with that "journalist" the whole season with the correct amount of sarcasm and Ed's reacting that he dislocated his shoulder doing it, and still doesn't regret it. Sometimes there's more fun in telling, not showing y'know?
Other ideas
  • Ed is retired, doing the lecture circuit, perhaps CEO of Helios after (fictional outside company) tried to buy it out (think Disney and Comcast in the early 2000s),
I really don't see Ed taking over Helios. After all that's happened, I reckon Dev is still going to be in charge due to the Board losing their preferred candidate to replace him.
  • Disney, no idea Eisner could still be running it. Maybe Frank Wells is alive. Maybe Mini-Disneylands?
Maybe Jim Henson? :p
  • Hong Kong? No idea
Probably no change. Don't see Britain's circumstances changing enough to see that not happening.
  • Majority of vehicles in this US, Europe, and Japan by 2000 are EVs.
Nah, not by 2000. Probably by the 2010's though.
  • Aum Shinrikyo... hmm not sure if they happen.
That's crossed my mind as well. They might be smaller than OTL without the Lost Decade, but I have no doubt they are still there.
  • France? No idea.
Removed from the Earth by will of God. As it deserves.

....kidding, probably just part of whatever the larger EU plot is.
  • We could see a rebel in Colombia be Pablo Escobar? ;)
Now that would be hilarious.

Yup yup yup.

Other ideas
  • The next pope is shown to be Italian Cardinal Bertone, a Central figure in the sex scandal denials and hiding them also corruption of the Vatican bank.
or maybe the other way around? A pope who makes an "inquisition" against abusers
  • The future of earth conflicts, rare earths.
we have several places to have conflict, in the period the best places are south america and africa
  • A major earth disaster still happens, 2004 Tsunami.
yes that's something people always forget about in shows or books, natural disasters
  • The LDP is forced out of office in Japan due to scandal and businesses are revealed to have close ties to yakuzas. Also LDP is hurt by ties to Moonies. Also party split will still happen. Maybe better reforms?
Or is Japan trying to be more independent from the US causing a drop in the relationship between the two? They want to have their own army, compete in space against the USA and influence in South America (Peru and Brazil in particular, have the largest number of Japanese immigrants)
  • France? No idea.
maybe a fight between france and its colonies in africa?
  • We could see a rebel in Colombia be Pablo Escobar? ;)
an escalation of the war against the farc?
Operation Traira for example could escalate the anti-communist war in south america, Creating an earlier mercosur and a federation of south america perhaps.

That one still sticks in my craw a bit, as it didn't seem to do anything for the plot at all and was just there to get rid of Thatcher. Not helped that I'm still irritated at the total research failure that went into that fake newspaper article for it.
Well that one sadly makes sense as Thatcher only survived by sheer Luck. Well the reach failure can be tied to limited time and budget.
I'm pretty sure that militia's in the US are going to have too many problems without Y2K.
undefined
Yeah they’ll be hunted the Wilson administration and her successors, be they Stagg or Gephardt.
Sadly a possibility. Though considering the generally hopeful tone of the series, hopefully not.
Maybe we get a younger Francis after Bertone’s ties to P2 and other groups get outed. Remember a pope can resign.
I honestly think it would be better if they just allude to "That time you disagreed with that "journalist" the whole season with the correct amount of sarcasm and Ed's reacting that he dislocated his shoulder doing it, and still doesn't regret it. Sometimes there's more fun in telling, not showing y'know?
I still expect to see footage of it. Though for Ed it is more bittersweet as...

He lost Karen to them.

I really don't see Ed taking over Helios. After all that's happened, I reckon Dev is still going to be in charge due to the Board losing their preferred candidate to replace him.
Well he may not he certainly will miss being active in space and lounge around some space hotel or something.

“Ed’s sort of our mascot here. We all like him most of the time and we make sure the anniversaries of the death of his son and the death of his wife are clear.” Space hotel staff.
Maybe Jim Henson? :p
I wish,
Probably no change. Don't see Britain's circumstances changing enough to see that not happening.
Yup. Though China could be different?
Nah, not by 2000. Probably by the 2010's though.
True
That's crossed my mind as well. They might be smaller than OTL without the Lost Decade, but I have no doubt they are still there.
Yup they still could be there trying for doomsday but constantly fucking up. Like literally Tokyo subway attacks are Inspector Clouseau levels of near bumbling. These idiots thought they could make an A-Bomb easily.
Removed from the Earth by will of God. As it deserves.

....kidding, probably just part of whatever the larger EU plot is.
Well they are a core of the ESA.
Now that would be hilarious.
I mean the bastard wanted to be president of Colombia imagine if he gets elected after the reds because he is more moderate?

“Businessman and alleged drug lord Pablo Escobar has been elected president of Colombia. He was helped by business rival Gilberto Orejuela, whom helped on the election with money and media attacks.”

Unlikely but why not have things be different
or maybe the other way around? A pope who makes an "inquisition" against abusers
He could or maybe we get an Earlier Francis a younger Pope Francis with more energy.
we have several places to have conflict, in the period the best places are south america and africa
All them rare earths...

And NK sits on a mountain of it, allegedly.
yes that's something people always forget about in shows or books, natural disasters
I mean, we can have nature still be a bastard. I mean imagine the Reds won in Mexico because of the PRIs pisspoor response to the Mexico City Quake,
Or is Japan trying to be more independent from the US causing a drop in the relationship between the two? They want to have their own army, compete in space against the USA and influence in South America (Peru and Brazil in particular, have the largest number of Japanese immigrants)
One idea I had for a PM of Japan who is ultranationalist, Shintaro Ishihara, author of the “The Japan That Can Say No.” Also close pals with Yukio Mishima, the guy who was an author, probably in the closet, and right wing nationalist who committed Seppuku at Camp Ichigaya, now where the MOD of Japan is in 1970. Ishihara could become an LDP Leader in this world instead of becoming governor of Tokyo.

Though there was another popular anti-US politician, Ichiro Ozawa. Author of the book Blueprint for a New Japan. He rightly points out the US reformed the Japanese political system but not its bureaucratic system.

maybe a fight between france and its colonies in africa?
Or former colonies really of Comcemr French Guyana, where ESA has its spaceport.
an escalation of the war against the farc?
Operation Traira for example could escalate the anti-communist war in south america, Creating an earlier mercosur and a federation of south america perhaps.
True.

Additional ideas.

• Rivals to Helios. Why would Helios be alone still?
  • Stand ins for for other tech billionaires.
  • Spying on space tech but now, it is done by companies and governments for economic reasons.
  • We see a Fission power plant being named after Ed in Indiana.
  • Maybe we see Zveda.
  • One of those morning anchors we saw glimpses of gets MeToo’d in the manner of Matt Lauer?
  • Possibly we see disasters still happen despite climate change negating. Nature is nature after all.
  • Presidential assassination?

He could or maybe we get an Earlier Francis a younger Pope Francis with more energy.
Maybe a new break in the catholic church?
With a more conservative side (Latin America and Africa) vs a more liberal one (Europe). add that to a few non-European popes (almost nothing) and we have a chance for a new division in the Catholic world.
All them rare earths... Or former colonies really of Comcemr French Guyana, where ESA has its spaceport.
a guyana wanting to be independent will have support from brazil (the nation never liked having a border with france). A coalition of new world countries against France to maintain its colony would be interesting. With the US having to act as a mediator, support Latin American countries and possibly lose France or support France and lose latin America.
One idea I had for a PM of Japan who is ultranationalist, Shintaro Ishihara, author of the “The Japan That Can Say No.” Also close pals with Yukio Mishima, the guy who was an author, probably in the closet, and right wing nationalist who committed Seppuku at Camp Ichigaya, now where the MOD of Japan is in 1970. Ishihara could become an LDP Leader in this world instead of becoming governor of Tokyo.Though there was another popular anti-US politician, Ichiro Ozawa. Author of the book Blueprint for a New Japan. He rightly points out the US reformed the Japanese political system but not its bureaucratic system.
It will give the impression that the USA is losing control of the world. it's easy to see it that way after losing to north korea in the space race. With the rest of the world wanting to break the usa vs ussr duality, making the world go back to being multipoalr.

Maybe a new break in the catholic church?
With a more conservative side (Latin America and Africa) vs a more liberal one (Europe). add that to a few non-European popes (almost nothing) and we have a chance for a new division in the Catholic world.
Possible.

But also we can get more problems in American religion . “Pastor Joe Bob Royce was arrested at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport while trying to offer money for gay sex. Pastor Joe Bob was arrested previously for embezzlement, tax fraud, and mail fraud. He is still beloved by two million viewers.”

a guyana wanting to be independent will have support from brazil (the nation never liked having a border with france). A coalition of new world countries against France to maintain its colony would be interesting. With the US having to act as a mediator, support Latin American countries and possibly lose France or support France and lose America.
Last time the US intervened for France we got Vietnam. Sure peace with honor but it still probably stings on America still.

It will give the impression that the USA is losing control of the world. it's easy to see it that way after losing to north korea in the space race. With the rest of the world wanting to break the usa vs ussr duality, making the world go back to being multipoalr.
Japan and others think it is their time. And a multi-polar world isn’t a bad thing.

Last time the US intervened for France we got Vietnam. Sure peace with honor but it still probably stings on America still.
What can happen is the USA does nothing (breaking the rest of the USA's prestige with South America), with the American Collision going to war with France, emerging victorious (taking the Europeans out of the space race for a while, and strengthening a new block in the world).
peace with honors? It was seen by the rest of the world as a humiliation.
Japan and others think it is their time. And a multi-polar world isn’t a bad thing.
It's more interesting for a story than a bipolar one

We See Ed as an even crankier old Astronaut but by 2000 has been retired.
Some FaM wiki give this info

Edward "Ed" Baldwin, born in 1932.
Fought in Korea War as NAVY Pilot
Gemini 7 first mission in space
During Apollo 10, he was 37 years old
in 1983 he was 51 years old and Chief of Astronauts and Rear admiral at NAVY
1993 with 61 years old is understandable that Margo not wanted him as Mission commander for Sojourner 1
But Ed quits and with age 62 goes to Mars as Mission Commander of Phoenix
in 2003 Ed is now 71 years old

but how is age Record in space ?
John Glenn with 71 years on STS-95 (what inspired Clint Eastwood for Space Cowboys)
Wally Funk with 82 years on Suborbital flight
William Shatner with age 90 on Suborbital flight

And with stuff like air launch nuclear Shuttles, Ed got much easier to go in space as John Glenn in Old style Shuttle
seems the make-up department will have there hand full to turn Joel Kinnaman into old man
With option of 90 years age we could have Ed Baldwin still around in season 5 and 6 !
probable in old people's home on the Jamestown Moon city...

Some FaM wiki give this info

Edward "Ed" Baldwin, born in 1932.
Fought in Korea War as NAVY Pilot
Gemini 7 first mission in space
During Apollo 10, he was 37 years old
in 1983 he was 51 years old and Chief of Astronauts and Rear admiral at NAVY
1993 with 61 years old is understandable that Margo not wanted him as Mission commander for Sojourner 1
But Ed quits and with age 62 goes to Mars as Mission Commander of Phoenix
in 2003 Ed is now 71 years old

but how is age Record in space ?
John Glenn with 71 years on STS-95 (what inspired Clint Eastwood for Space Cowboys)
Wally Funk with 82 years on Suborbital flight
William Shatner with age 90 on Suborbital flight

And with stuff like air launch nuclear Shuttles, Ed got much easier to go in space as John Glenn in Old style Shuttle
seems the make-up department will have there hand full to turn Joel Kinnaman into old man
With option of 90 years age we could have Ed Baldwin still around in season 5 and 6 !
probable in old people's home on the Jamestown Moon city...
Well

After the death of his wife the question will be will what will he want to do? Be a grandpa? I can see that. He will still be involved in space, just slowed down.

So Jamestown and Zveda cities followed by other potential cities on the moon?

So Jamestown and Zveda cities followed by other potential cities on the moon?
yes, next the US and Soviet colonies, there will be Helios mining He3 outpost and that will be also become city size complex over time.
and their other states joining the US and Soviets sphere of influence on Moon.
i would not be surprised if North Korea get base on Soviet side, while Europeans under US on their sphere of influence.

it could have impact on World politic because nations who want go to Moon have to chose USA or USSR side.
But there will be Nations who don't care about agreement and land on Moon, only to face US and Soviet forces with guns and rockets...
And will Mars be claimed by North Korea?

Unrelated question, has anyone tried to come up with electoral maps for the elections of TTL? It just seems that the electoral makeup necessary for a Nixon loss in 72, and the Democrats winning in 84 and 88 suggest a complete realignment of US party politics. From what little we can tell Republicans in TTL are the Party of NASA and tech (thanks Reagan and Wilson) while the Democrats backed by more traditional industry (including coal and oil money). So it is likely the rust belt remains strongly Democrat, but this likely extends further into Appalachia and the Midwest as well. While Silicone Valley (and as an extension California) might remain Republican-aligned post-Reagen. Despite NASA being based in Houston, Texas is probably a swing state (and has probably voted for the winning candidate each election).

So World of Warcraft and Everquest gets released at the same time when the public gets their hands on the net. Wonder how WoW turns out not being able to steal ideas from Sony?

I loved this season!

I think it was even better than the last one, truly. Mostly because it was just hilariously predictable, and thats what made it good because thats what i wanted to see. I didn't care much for the unrealistic relationship problems, but all the different conspiracies, intrigues and fuckups were outstanding.

They actually found a stranded North Korean astronaut! and he was first on Mars! Who couldn't love that? That was even better than Danielle andKuznetsov wrestling their first steps onto Mars.

Too bad Karen is dead though, Ed could have given her some of his indestructibility. That guy can stand anything.

Kelly and the baby seemed unnecesarry, and the whole sequence of her going to the phoenix was almost slapstick, but okay.

Didn't expect Margo to have wound up in the Soviet Union though. That seems strange to me. Although that does prevent a scandal for NASA and the US in general. Kinda convenient that bomb went off and caused a surprising amount of damage. how did she pull that one off?

I loved the whole President Ellen sequence. Very well done. Typical type of theme for that day and age. Very good for contrast.

What is next for the following season? Colonisation? Space war? Aliens?

first photo of season 4
seems a spacesuits from Helios
the actress Tyner Rushing will play a "Samantha, a space worker on the Mars colony"
Also Toby Kebbell is joining the cast of season 4 as Miles, a "former offshore oil platform worker who pursues a new job opportunity on Mars"
FejDyZ4VsAAqy8m

first photo of season 4
Where did you get it?
seems a spacesuits from Helios
I can guess Helios, USA and URSS (and North Korea probably, as it should be now public knowledge that the first human to put his feet on Mars was North Korean) took advantage of the "start anew on Mars without importing Earth's conflict" propaganda to set up the colonization effort together, at least at first; they probably have their own personal bases later once they have a secure landing point;
the actress Tyner Rushing will play a "Samantha, a space worker on the Mars colony"
That "space worker" suggest me the URSS have a considerable Mars presence, both on the practical side and for propaganda purposes.

I DO hope there will be "Mars-paleonthologist" based on the Mars bases that look out for possible fossils of Martian life forms....

So, gonna be honest: I kinda peaced out after Episode three. It felt less like a show about alternate history and more like a soap opera with astronauts. The whole Ed leaves Nasa plot kind of soured me. I might watch it again, but for now I had to take a break from it.