For All Mankind (AH Tv series at Apple TV)

If she returns with a red wrist meter, she gets grounded from future missions because of all the accumulated radiation she took over the years. By removing it, she wants to fake the amount of radiation she got exposed to and get back into space again later. However, she's going to be suffering from radiation sickness at best, so she won't be able to hide it. She should be grounded upon return to Earth, or she may choose to die on the Moon
Exactly, she'll have the symptoms anyway. Plus she'll have to make up a ridiculous cover story of amnesia for the French astronaut for anyone to buy it. On top of all of that, everyone is going to have to get tested for radiation poisoning no matter what - purely for scientific reasons. No way she keeps the secret past episode 3 at the latest (if they're sticking to any reasonable level of plausibility).

Plus, wasn't she in the trailer on Earth?

MaxGerke01

Banned
To me what makes what Molly did perplexing is that she looks at her monitor when she gets back because that implies she regrets what she did. If it was really a selfless act which is what risking your life to try and save someone is then you do it consequences be damned. She knew that both of them would likely get fatal exposure but thats the choice she made.So why seem to say shit if Id stayed in the lava tube I would have been ok ?
If trying too save his life was worth risking hers that should have been enough. No one would have blamed her if she stayed put but perhaps she would have blamed herself. Guilt you can get over-death you cant.
Also NASA and the ESA are going to likely lose vaulable trained astronauts and their families and friends will lose loved ones which makes a tragic situation worse. The more I think about it she should have stayed. It wouldnt have been cowardly or wrong since what she did was dangerous and probably futile.

Last edited:
The news reports are back up on the channel. For me they were on the row below the episode list.
I don't see them.

I found this link to have some interesting information related to the show:
https://for-all-mankind.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline

Here are a few links that mention the actual P.O.D. event (January 14th, 1966; something that the previous link didn't do):
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/for-all-mankind-ronald-d-moore-apple-series
https://www.inverse.com/article/57677-for-all-mankind-apple-tv-plus-interview-with-ron-moore

Last edited:
I bet you ten bucks it’s John Glenn.

I think it's almost certain that John Glenn is going to get elected President in 1984. Since gender equality seems to be advancing at a much quicker pace in the show's TL, I'm guessing that Glenn will have a female VP. Rep. Pat Schroeder would probably make the most sense given her 12 years of experience and a solid track record on labor, foreign policy, education, and defense (after what looks like 8 years of turbulence and upheaval abroad and rising Cold War tensions, America's are probably going to look for steady and experienced leaders at the helm), but my guess is that the show is going to go with Geraldine Ferraro since she's more well known to the audience.

On a different note, does a Reagan Presidency combined with a successful Operation Eagle Claw also lead to a successful Nojeh Coup Plot in 1980? Perhaps stronger western support could've given the coup plotters a better chance at success?

On Margo note on Berlin

I have theory
Reagan was elected in 1976 and 1980 in TL
During OTL of his second Term he visit Berlin for famous "Tear down this Wall!" Speech in 1987
I think he did same in TL only much earlier and reaction let to a political incident.
or during his Berlin visit happen something that let to crisis

Something I realised, they refer to Camilla as Duchess of Cornwall rather than Princess of Wales, which would tend to indicate Charles doesn't get created as Prince of Wales.

Something I realised, they refer to Camilla as Duchess of Cornwall rather than Princess of Wales, which would tend to indicate Charles doesn't get created as Prince of Wales.
Camilla is Duchess of Cornwall also IOTL. The Title is just the passive-aggressive way of the of the Queen to say: "Okay Son, you can marry your divorced harlot!"

which would tend to indicate Charles doesn't get created as Prince of Wales.
He was designated Prince of Wales by letters patent in 1958, and formally invested on July 1, 1969. The Investiture occurred after FAM's POD but the soviet lunar landing would not have delayed Charles' ceremony as it was planned for 11 years.

I think it's almost certain that John Glenn is going to get elected President in 1984. Since gender equality seems to be advancing at a much quicker pace in the show's TL, I'm guessing that Glenn will have a female VP. Rep. Pat Schroeder would probably make the most sense given her 12 years of experience and a solid track record on labor, foreign policy, education, and defense (after what looks like 8 years of turbulence and upheaval abroad and rising Cold War tensions, America's are probably going to look for steady and experienced leaders at the helm), but my guess is that the show is going to go with Geraldine Ferraro since she's more well known to the audience.

On a different note, does a Reagan Presidency combined with a successful Operation Eagle Claw also lead to a successful Nojeh Coup Plot in 1980? Perhaps stronger western support could've given the coup plotters a better chance at success?
My thought after last season was John Glenn and Ellen Waverly, but (1) she hasn't made the jump into politics yet, and (2) if she's hanging out with Tower it sounds like she's a Republican.

Who knows, maybe Bella Abzug hung on ITTL. If Glenn needs to placate the left (and create a hilarious odd couple, personality-wise) that would be a great choice.

I don't think we knew who Teddy's VP was through that term, so maybe it won't even come up?

On Margo note on Berlin

I have theory
Reagan was elected in 1976 and 1980 in TL
During OTL of his second Term he visit Berlin for famous "Tear down this Wall!" Speech in 1987
I think he did same in TL only much earlier and reaction let to a political incident.
or during his Berlin visit happen something that let to crisis
This is handled in one of those apparently hard-to-find news broadcasts. It's a basic border incident that escalates. A couple scale the wall, East German troops pursue and kill them, exchange fire with Western troops, the local Eastern commander activates forces around West Berlin, both powers go on nuclear alert. They don't say exactly how the two sides stand down, but I guess it's just status quo with a diplomatic protest filed.

Camilla is Duchess of Cornwall also IOTL. The Title is just the passive-aggressive way of the of the Queen to say: "Okay Son, you can marry your divorced harlot!"

Correct, she is Duchess of Cornwall IOTL and is also legally Princess of Wales, but she styles herself as Duchess of Cornwall because Princess of Wales continues to be associated with Diana. However, it has been indicated she will also be styled as Princess Consort (which will require her creation as a Princess, much like Philip before her) rather than Queen Consort if/when Charles succeeds to the throne.

The fact that the marriage is shown to occur c. 1982 would rather indicate that Diana doesn't come into play and therefore suggests that there must be a different reason that she doesn't assume the Princess of Wales title.

Possible that Tom Parker-Bowles marries Princess Anne in the early 1970s, so there isn't the messy issue of divorce and remarriage under the Church of England (technically not allowed until 2002 if the previous partner was still alive) but Charles doesn't want to marry until Brenda forces his hand, saying he must and then him insisting that if he shall marry he will damn well marry Camilla.

This is handled in one of those apparently hard-to-find news broadcasts. It's a basic border incident that escalates. A couple scale the wall, East German troops pursue and kill them, exchange fire with Western troops, the local Eastern commander activates forces around West Berlin, both powers go on nuclear alert. They don't say exactly how the two sides stand down, but I guess it's just status quo with a diplomatic protest filed.
odd that story remind me of something:

Correct, she is Duchess of Cornwall IOTL and is also legally Princess of Wales, but she styles herself as Duchess of Cornwall because Princess of Wales continues to be associated with Diana. However, it has been indicated she will also be styled as Princess Consort (which will require her creation as a Princess, much like Philip before her) rather than Queen Consort if/when Charles succeeds to the throne.

The fact that the marriage is shown to occur c. 1982 would rather indicate that Diana doesn't come into play and therefore suggests that there must be a different reason that she doesn't assume the Princess of Wales title.

Possible that Tom Parker-Bowles marries Princess Anne in the early 1970s, so there isn't the messy issue of divorce and remarriage under the Church of England (technically not allowed until 2002 if the previous partner was still alive) but Charles doesn't want to marry until Brenda forces his hand, saying he must and then him insisting that if he shall marry he will damn well marry Camilla.

It would have been better if the writers explained bit by bit how Camilla gets involved with the British Royal family more than 20 years earlier. I'm already confused as to how it could have happened, compared to what did happen in real-life.

Speaking of unexplained alternate events, when I first heard that Roman Polanski was caught trying to escape to Canada, I thought that the choice of country made no sense. In real life, Polanski fled to London and then to France. Why would he go to Canada? The Canadians already have an extradition treaty with the United States since the 70's. The moment he lands on Canadian soil, he'd be handed back to the Americans.

Whatever the reasons the writers chose for this event to occur (vengeance?), it looks as if they didn't do their homework for this specific change of event.

Speaking of unexplained alternate events, when I first heard that Roman Polanski was caught trying to escape to Canada, I thought that the choice of country made no sense. In real life, Polanski fled to London and then to France. Why would he go to Canada? The Canadians already have an extradition treaty with the United States since the 70's. The moment he lands on Canadian soil, he'd be handed back to the Americans.
to get from US to London you need a Airport
There not much data how Polanski got from LA over London to Paris on 31 January 1978,

One option is the California authority discover Polanski is on run an issue arrest warrant.
Polanski get that news over media during transit from LA to NY to get his plane to London,
He decide get out plane else were, take rental car and drive north in naive hope to escape over Canada to Paris

Now he doing 50 years of Prison in TL until year 2028...