For All Mankind (AH Tv series at Apple TV)

Not sure how you'd cover up a crime by driving somewhere and dumping a body when there is no weather to erase the tracks for decades to come.

Shackleton can't be the only deep crater he could throw the body into.

And given they haven't picked up the thread, are we assuming Gordo's red lights were a hallucination or simply the lights of Svezda?

Do you guys think the show's having president obsess over NASA is realistic? In the last episode, it is rumored that Kennedy will be pulled from the ticket because of "repeated failures at NASA" - do you think it's realistic that a party would dump a president for that reason? Certainly I understand the argument that the US missing being first to the moon raises the stakes of the space race, but does the show overstate America's concern with space/how closely it ties a president's success to NASA's?

Hmm. I think that the show focuses on that a lot, but it's never been presented as the only reason. In that news blurb we hear, the issues you mention are listed alongside other issues.

Along with the NASA issues, I remember that the sex scandal is also at issue, and listed first before the NASA problems.

I look Episode 1-5 and i love the Series
it got it flaws, but in general it's good.
i wish they could show the Soviet side of that TL also and not as sort McGuffin to drive the Story,

I'm not sure what Alina will become since her obsession for Fire and Spaceflight
I would not be surprise that in Season 2 or 3 she will be the Series Natalie York.

Can someone fill in someone without access to the series and not bothered about spoilers (IE, me):

1) What's our POD, and

2) Does the series actually try for a credible alt history or is it just "the Soviets win, now follow along" a la High Castle?

Why does she think the PoD is the soviet’s landing? Was it advertised that way?

I admit I was perplexed about that, since I thought the PoD was Korolev not dying in 1966. (Which, by the way, I still think was too late in the game to get a 1969 Soviet landing. But that's a sidebar.)

Can someone fill in someone without access to the series and not bothered about spoilers (IE, me):

1) What's our POD, and

2) Does the series actually try for a credible alt history or is it just "the Soviets win, now follow along" a la High Castle?

It's hard to say what POD is: the series itself starts with a man standing on the moon...with Soviet flag. That is the first thing that happens different than IOTL. However, there is no explanation how the Soviets achieved that, they just did. Was it because Korolev didn't die? For some other reason? Did they somehow make a WORKING N-1 rocket? Not a word about it. "The Soviets win, now follow along"
I keep complaining about not showing Soviet part of the race, the Reds here serve simply as a reason for NASA to continue and improve the space program. In fact, pretty much anything the Americans do is motivated more or less by: because the Soviets did it first / are doing it / are planning to do it.

It's hard to say what POD is: the series itself starts with a man standing on the moon...with Soviet flag. That is the first thing that happens different than IOTL. However, there is no explanation how the Soviets achieved that, they just did. Was it because Korolev didn't die? For some other reason? Did they somehow make a WORKING N-1 rocket? Not a word about it. "The Soviets win, now follow along"
I keep complaining about not showing Soviet part of the race, the Reds here serve simply as a reason for NASA to continue and improve the space program. In fact, pretty much anything the Americans do is motivated more or less by: because the Soviets did it first / are doing it / are planning to do it.
Sounds like I'm not missing much, then. I did a lot of reading about the space race while working at the Intrepid Museum (I was one of the first tour guides for the Enterprise), and getting the Soviets to the Moon first, let alone in 1969, let alone in a "now follow along" way is too much for my WSD.

Sounds like I'm not missing much, then. I did a lot of reading about the space race while working at the Intrepid Museum (I was one of the first tour guides for the Enterprise), and getting the Soviets to the Moon first, let alone in 1969, let alone in a "now follow along" way is too much for my WSD.

Well, I rather like the show, but my knowledge about space race is somewhat limited. Ignorance sometimes is a bliss, it seems. I just would love to see also the Soviet side.

I wonder about the "plutonium" bit. Are they shipping a nuclear reactor or using a nuclear thermal upper stage?

According to Wiki Sea Dragon used liquid hydrogen and Oxygen as fuel. But it had payload about 550 tonnes - it might be a small reactor.

According to Wiki Sea Dragon used liquid hydrogen and Oxygen as fuel. But it had payload about 550 tonnes - it might be a small reactor.
Or a nuclear pulse propulsion upper stage which fires once it clears the magnetosphere? It would explain the security and 550 tonnes could do it. OTOH, it's overkill for a trip to the Moon

So I've finished watching the newest episode, which I believe is the finale for season 1. I'm pleased for the most part. It's been a bit rocky here and there, but I liked it in general.

The musical choice at the end was interesting. I assume it indicates a change to the time period for season 2.

So I've finished watching the newest episode, which I believe is the finale for season 1. I'm pleased for the most part. It's been a bit rocky here and there, but I liked it in general.

The musical choice at the end was interesting. I assume it indicates a change to the time period for season 2.

And as it turns out, there's a post-credits sequence. So, yeah.