For All Mankind (AH Tv series at Apple TV)

Well congrats Danny, you get to be charged for attempted murder on another planet! A first for the Mars mission!

Overall, solid episode, really hoping the other Stevens kid gets his head out his ass now. Also Margo is now, officially, fucked.

Even with a top level pass i did find it a bit hard to believe a couple of kids could steal a large statue from the front of the HQ of NASA lol

Yes or Forces lunaires françaises or for Italians been like similar to Alpini or Folgore equivalents know as Folgore lunare and Marte Alpini.
This said from an Italian; should the Italian get a space force, we would probably call it "Forza d'Intervento Rapida Spaziale" or "Forza d'Ordine Coloniale Extraterrestre"; that said, it is quite unrealistic in its own, it is however way more realistic if an united space force is created (either by Europe or by all) with all nations having their force, coordinating and working with the others (kind off like the European Army of Tom Clancy's Endwar);

Also Margo is now, officially, fucked.

I would hope that, but so far, looks like Margo is screwing up Aleida, and since she's the boss, she can remove her if needed; I seriously hope Aelida can find a way to prove Margo's treason and some powerful ally to support her...

Also, I notice no one has replied to my previous tech question yet; did someone read it or no one even saw it?

SouthernWind the European Space Agency been formed in Western European countries while French Guiana and the main Spaceport the Guiana Space Centre are still there.

An episode focused more on earthly affairs, which was good in my opinion. There was a lot of stuff to address, like the looming scandal, Aleida's search for the mole and a look into what Jimmy's deal was. Danny's explosion was foreshadowed but I did not expect that it would be the catalyst for the last crisis of the Season. The Kelly/Alexei romance continues to be largely unnecessary and annoying. Not much Karen and Dev in this one, which was sad cause the inner crisis at Helios is really interesting.

I really like the callbacks to earlier seasons in this episode. The Jamestown Commander reappeared, the little mural on the wall about the first female astronauts, the conversation between the first couple and their past. Season 3 is really good at rewarding us for paying attention earlier in general

There was.

The Scottish guy, unless the UK has stayed out of the EU....which considering Thatcher died in the Brighton bombing, they might have done.

Say what you will about The Milk Snatcher, but she did understand the economic benefit of being in the EU.....
The UK joined the EU in 1973 under the Heath government in which Thatcher was Education Minister. The bombings took place in 1984. Literally no connection between the two.

I am not sure, but I think that avalanche might have burried Helios landing pod. If so, does Phoenix have more than one lander? Because if not, all teams on Mars are trapped.
Danny is screwed twice as much, because every team will want his head on pike (especially the Soviets, who seem to lose a man). Perhaps there will be some redemption story here?

SouthernWind the European Space Agency been formed in Western European countries while French Guiana and the main Spaceport the Guiana Space Centre are still there.
Indeed, Italy has still its own main spaceport area, near Malindi (Kenya). Thus, by joining all their tech and resources together...

Danny is screwed twice as much, because every team will want his head on pike (especially the Soviets, who seem to lose a man). Perhaps there will be some redemption story here?
Redemption arc, I do not know; I am hoping for a "brother vs sister" scenario with Kelly and her Soviet lover (which I seriously hope survived) faces off Danny))

I am not sure, but I think that avalanche might have burried Helios landing pod. If so, does Phoenix have more than one lander? Because if not, all teams on Mars are trapped.
They have at least 2 of them, not sure we've seen it in the series but in the trailer there is a shot where 2 are in flight. Maybe Danny will get away with it as no one will know what happened...

POTUS going Awol without the press is going to get noticed
Yeah, unless we missed a crazy alternative development in presidential protocol, this would not be possible for even five minutes. The secret service would not let her go into an unsecure house, either. More realistic is them going to get Pam and bringing her somewhere.

Of course, the last two Democrats in office were notorious horndogs, so maybe there HAS been some change in presidential protocol.

Also, the Democrats gave the administration an utter gift by previewing their hand in what seems to be a closed session budgetary subcommittee that no one is likely to pay attention to. There weren't even CSPAN cameras there. It's a threat, but a subtle one. They would have to lead the press to it by the nose in order for it to become a thing. To me it says, "give us what we want and this stays buried." But then this is no more a realistic political show than it is a realistic engineering show, and that's okay!

Jotting down some notes, both worldbuilding and character buidling from the most episode 7. I'm quite late to the show today and haven't read up on the discussion as of this post, but I'll catch up when the episode is finished. Worldbuilding is in bold.

• Great acting from Wrenn Schmidt this episode so far.
  • Seeing some elements of OTL Clinton stuff, what with rumors of an affair with a white house aide, the first lady/gentlemen being in the spotlight and so on. I only know the basics of Clinton's Presidency, so take this from a normies POV. I am curious as to how this wil all play out if Ellen and Larry's secrets got out right after the whole "coming out on Mars" affair. Sure to be an interesting 90s
  • Seeing some Generation Xerox stuff with Danny and Gordo. I was ambivalent to his plotline at first, but I am curious to see how it ends
  • That being said, I am oddly invested in the thing going on between Kelly and Alexei. Don't @ me
  • Interesting to see that both of the Stevens' boys seem to be buying into the conspiracy theories surrounding their parents. I wonder if the USSR perpetuates any conspiracy theories regarding space ITTL to it's public in regards to NASA
  • Danny smashed the dog bot, he's crossed the moral event horizon. (seriously though, why do I feel so tense in this scene? Maybe I just love dogs)
  • Interesting how they're bringing up the Manifest Destiny analogy in regards to space again. I wonder if people back in the US use that analogy often?
  • Damn it, Ed shouting "hit me" makes me think of The Dark Knight.
  • Is it weird that I'm more interested in Jimmy's conspiracy buddies than I am Danny's mental struggles? IDK why, I just like the perspective it offers. (that and it doesn't give me anxiety like the Danny plot, so that's a plus)
  • How the hell did they jack that statue? Gave me a laugh, but still. That's what I want to see more than anything else now.
  • Mars is fucking beautiful. Love the shot at 51 minutes in. The conversation between Ed and the Cosmonaut gives me more manifest destiny vibes.
  • Dannys gonna OD or kill someone, isn't he? I hear the ominous music. (also he has Gordo's moustache)
  • ED NO!!!
  • Have I mentioned I love the Helio aesthetic? (what? I need to lighten the mood somehow?)
  • Jesus fuck Danny. On one hand, congrats on making the first man-made disaster on Mars, on the other, WHAT THE FUCK DANNY YOU JUST MADE THE FIRST MAN MADE DISASTER ON MARS. Enjoy the memes mocking that in 2 decades, because you kind of deserve it at this point
Some non-spoiler notes:
  • A note that I've noticed in past episodes but never mentioned was how prominent Nixon's portrait is in the oval office. I wonder how Nixon's reputation is ITTL. On one hand, he got the US on the moon, along with the first base and the opening up of China, but he still came in second place behind the USSR and had Watergate still happen. Is he remembered more positively ITTL perhaps, or does the bad outweigh the good still?
  • In regards to all the US businesses investing in the USSR and the Soviets opening up, I wonder how China is affected by all of this I feel like their ascension could be affected by it all. It does make me wonder how diversified outsourcing is ITTL compared to OTL. Too bad about Japan though, unless they also have a space program and I missed it.
  • So it's likely that North Korea hasn't been hit by the Arduous March as IOTL given the fact that the USSR still exists to back them (and China), but I do wonder how South Korea is doing on the side. I'd say maybe they're working on their own space program, but my guess is that they're working with someone else like the US.
  • I also remember it being mentioned that Thatcher was killed by the IRA. I wonder what this means for Ireland and Britain?
  • What's going on in Yugoslavia and South Africa? Those are two countries I am really curious about.

Last edited:
Jotting down some notes, both worldbuilding and character buidling from the most episode 7. I'm quite late to the show today and haven't read up on the discussion as of this post, but I'll catch up when the episode is finished. Worldbuilding is in bold.

• Great acting from Wrenn Schmidt this episode so far.
  • Seeing some elements of OTL Clinton stuff, what with rumors of an affair with a white house aide, the first lady/gentlemen being in the spotlight and so on. I only know the basics of Clinton's Presidency, so take this from a normies POV. I am curious as to how this wil all play out if Ellen and Larry's secrets got out right after the whole "coming out on Mars" affair. Sure to be an interesting 90s
  • Seeing some Generation Xerox stuff with Danny and Gordo. I was ambivalent to his plotline at first, but I am curious to see how it ends
  • That being said, I am oddly invested in the thing going on between Kelly and Alexei. Don't @ me
  • Interesting to see that both of the Stevens' boys seem to be buying into the conspiracy theories surrounding their parents. I wonder if the USSR perpetuates any conspiracy theories regarding space ITTL to it's public in regards to NASA
  • Danny smashed the dog bot, he's crossed the moral event horizon. (seriously though, why do I feel so tense in this scene? Maybe I just love dogs)
  • Interesting how they're bringing up the Manifest Destiny analogy in regards to space again. I wonder if people back in the US use that analogy often?
  • Damn it, Ed shouting "hit me" makes me think of The Dark Knight.
  • Is it weird that I'm more interested in Jimmy's conspiracy buddies than I am Danny's mental struggles? IDK why, I just like the perspective it offers. (that and it doesn't give me anxiety like the Danny plot, so that's a plus)
  • How the hell did they jack that statue? Gave me a laugh, but still. That's what I want to see more than anything else now.
  • Mars is fucking beautiful. Love the shot at 51 minutes in. The conversation between Ed and the Cosmonaut gives me more manifest destiny vibes.
  • Dannys gonna OD or kill someone, isn't he? I hear the ominous music. (also he has Gordo's moustache)
  • ED NO!!!
  • Have I mentioned I love the Helio aesthetic? (what? I need to lighten the mood somehow?)
  • Jesus fuck Danny. On one hand, congrats on making the first man-made disaster on Mars, on the other, WHAT THE FUCK DANNY YOU JUST MADE THE FIRST MAN MADE DISASTER ON MARS. Enjoy the memes mocking that in 2 decades, because you kind of deserve it at this point
Some non-spoiler notes:
  • A note that I've noticed in past episodes but never mentioned was how prominent Nixon's portrait is in the oval office. I wonder how Nixon's reputation is ITTL. On one hand, he got the US on the moon, along with the first base and the opening up of China, but he still came in second place behind the USSR and had Watergate still happen. Is he remembered more positively ITTL perhaps, or does the bad outweigh the good still?
  • In regards to all the US businesses investing in the USSR and the Soviets opening up, I wonder how China is affected by all of this I feel like their ascension could be affected by it all. It does make me wonder how diversified outsourcing is ITTL compared to OTL. Too bad about Japan though, unless they also have a space program and I missed it.
  • So it's likely that North Korea hasn't been hit by the Arduous March as IOTL given the fact that the USSR still exists to back them (and China), but I do wonder how South Korea is doing on the side. I'd say maybe they're working on their own space program, but my guess is that they're working with someone else like the US.
  • I also remember it being mentioned that Thatcher was killed by the IRA. I wonder what this means for Ireland and Britain?
  • What's going on in Yugoslavia and South Africa? Those are two countries I am really curious about.
Yugoslavia might been still intact if Tito was still alive he kept them from breaking apart until he got bites the dust leading to Balkan Wars.

Some non-spoiler notes:
My assumption was that Ellen put him up because she owed the trajectory of her life to him. Remember their first nickname was “Nixon’s Women.”