For All Mankind (AH Tv series at Apple TV)

Does anyone know a good place to find merch for the show? The spouse would like a t-shirt and my usually adept google-fu is failing me.

Does anyone know a good place to find merch for the show? The spouse would like a t-shirt and my usually adept google-fu is failing me.
They don't really have merch agreements. Only thing produced so far was a set of in universe mission patches, and that's more of a collector's item.

They don't really have merch agreements. Only thing produced so far was a set of in universe mission patches, and that's more of a collector's item.
Yeah. I haven't seen any ads or anything for AppleTV show/movie merch. There might be some unofficial stuff on Amazon or Etsy but likely it'll all just be more generic NASA branded merch.

Anyways time to binge re-watch season 1 before season 2 comes out.

what for coincidence
A NASA Rover land on Mars and For All Mankind Season 2 start tomorrow...
I don't think there's any coincidence there at all... That's what i'd call pretty darn smart and arguably common sense marketing.

I'll be very curious to see if this season they start looking towards Mars- tho i'm going to guess that perhaps there will be some ramp up towards Mars at the end of the season as a cliffhanger for Season 3...

I don't think there's any coincidence there at all... That's what i'd call pretty darn smart and arguably common sense marketing.

I'll be very curious to see if this season they start looking towards Mars- tho i'm going to guess that perhaps there will be some ramp up towards Mars at the end of the season as a cliffhanger for Season 3...
Having watched season one I'm sure that as long as they don't go too off the rails we'll have more than that. But I'll hold off on any thoughts until I see the first episode. But I did enjoy it so far so hope is fairly good.

Finished seeing the first episode of season 2.

My first impressions/reactions:
Oh, so Edward “Ted” Kennedy was a first term president? Okay, whatever.
[*]International Space Treaty scrapped? That’s going to lead to some battles between the USA and USSR...
[*]Reagan elected as the 39th President of the United States on November 4th, 1976? I’ve recently learned about his OTL earlier attempts at becoming president, so it makes sense that he would be elected years earlier.
[*]Elvis still dies... No Camp David Accords... Roman Polanski arrested (Good, but sad for the film industry)... No Afghan-Soviet War? ( I smile at this, hoping that this may prevent the WTC destruction)... No meltdown at Three Mile Island... Hostages at the U.S. Embassy in Iran rescued earlier? (Yes!)... Polish Solidarity leaders arrested... Mt. St. Helens Eruption still occurs (obviously)... Chrysler Corp. not bailed out (Don’t know much about that if it has an OTL counterpart)... I guess we won’t see this movie ever being made...
[*]John Lennon survives his assassination attempt? Interesting.
[*]Pope John Paul II died on his assassination attempt in 1981!? :‘(. (This is very fascinating to me because I’d like to try and predict who would have been his successor.)
[*]Anwar Sadat lives...Brezhnev still dies and Andropov still succeeds him... Um, why and how did Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, appear sooner?... So, Star Trek still occurs... and Star Wars (Is SDI a real thing, now?)
[*]The sunrise is cool. :)
[*]Electric cars? Are these a NASA only perk for their workers?
[*]Nice to see Baldwin and his wife adopting someone.
[*]Solar storm? Uh-oh...
[*]Great effects on the moon dust being affected by the storm!
[*]How did Wubbo get injured?
[*] I feel bad for Molly.

EDIT: I LOVE the alternate history news reports that AppleTV+ offers!

Last edited:
I went though the S2E1 opening sequence a few times and tried to figure out the timeline of events between Season 1 and 2. Warning: Minor possible kind of spoilers for the first few minutes ahead.
-1976: Reagan defeats Ted Kennedy and is elected 39th POTUS.
-1977: US scraps space treaty after multiple Soviet infringements, by the timeline it looks like this was possibly done by President Kennedy in the final days of his administration. NASA launches Mars rover in this year.
-1978: Camp David accords never signed. Roman Polansky arrested trying to flee to Canada.
-1979: Soviet Union doesn't invade Afghanistan, citing need to focus resources on space race. Three Mile Island meltdown averted using technology developed for use on Jamestown Base. President Reagan doesn't bailout Chrysler like Carter did. I assume sometime around here Skylab is saved.
-1980: Iran Hostage Crisis ended using military action, I'm assuming a successful version of Operation Eagle Claw. Ronald Reagan narrowly wins re-election against Senator Walter Mondale (I'm guessing this is narrow due to a failing economy with Reagan being saved by the successful rescue of the hostages right before the election, still I find it hard to believe Mondale is the optimal candidate here.). John Lennon survives his attempted assassination.
-1981: John Paul the Second is assassinated. President Sadat survives assassination. Prince Charles and Camilla are married. Shuttle makes maiden flight, first Lunar Shuttle flight slated for '82.

Last edited:

MaxGerke01

Banned
Not invading Afghanistan and stronger control of Eastern Europe aided by the early death of John Paul II could insure the Soviet Union sees the year 2000.Camilla and Charles were a thing long before he and Diana ever were but this means no William and Harry....Mondale at the time was considered an up and comer in the Democratic party-which is why Carter chose him as VP in 1976- like Gary Hart-who I would love to see win in 1984 and 1988 and this could could be possible if after seeing what happened to Ted Kennedy in 1976 Hart decides to break off and not start any extramarital affairs....

Last edited:

MaxGerke01

Banned
Watching right now and there was reference to something sent by digital mail later referred to as d-mail-so something like email in 1983 . Electric cars going as fast as 65 mph are a thing. The US still holds the Panama Canal. There was a major incident in Berlin in 1982.

Last edited:
Hehe, with a lot of this thread being metaphoric “inconceivable!” GIFs for the last few months, the only thing that quirked my cheek was the idea of the Reagan administration allowing a shuttle named after Darwin’s ship of discovery.

But then maybe being a 24/7 Cold Warrior he just doesn’t have as much time for the cultural conservatives. Certainly with the ERA already passed, a major organizing issue on the cultural right is gone, so maybe the cultural pushback doesn’t reach the heights that allows it to take over a political party.

Anywho, that was some fun tv. Great sequences, especially through the first half. I didn’t catch that redhead’s name, that’s not Danny Stevens, is it?

Would love to know what happened with South Vietnam. A tad curious how Ireland got involved in the ESA.

Considering how stacked the fleet is, I wonder why Earth facilities haven’t been expanded.

N-3 Rocket !
They start 1961 with N-1 Program and launch first version in 1965 !
The had improved Version N-2 and in 1976 came the N-3 more bigger version !
(in 1080P you can read most of News article)

MaxGerke01

Banned
Could the major incident in Berlin be an equivalent to Able Archer?
It possibly had something to do with the Soviets seizing some territory because in the first episode Reagan asks if the Soviets might try and use the solar flare as a cover to seize territory,But as far as your comment I think the events of this season will be the equivalent to Able Archer but based on real and more serious events...

Last edited:
Maybe someone could screen cap the the opening montage of events.
Also can anyone catch the names of all the shuttles?

Last edited: