For a Gore Prosperous Tomorrow

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Not quite how it works.

What you need to do is start a thread Finished T/L with as many of your T/L "story" posts as will fit in a single post.

Your attempt to start a new thread in Finished T/L will be flagged for Mod review. When approved it will appear in the Finished T/L thread. After it is approved you can them make additional posts as needed to move the rest of the "story" posts into the thread (fewer post in the Finished thread the better).

Not quite how it works.

What you need to do is start a thread Finished T/L with as many of your T/L "story" posts as will fit in a single post.

Your attempt to start a new thread in Finished T/L will be flagged for Mod review. When approved it will appear in the Finished T/L thread. After it is approved you can them make additional posts as needed to move the rest of the "story" posts into the thread (fewer post in the Finished thread the better).

All right, guess I'll be doing that over the next while. I'll try my best there.

1. What's happening in Russia?
2. Are there any different sports teams?
3. How is Nintendo's Online ITTL?
1- Well, Russia is doing a bit worse than OTL. They're becoming more isolated on the global scale and while Putin maintains his Vozhd-like grip on the nation, it's just delaying the onslaught of problems that will be coming for it.

2- Probably though not entirely certain. Probably a couple of renames at the least.

3- Well, the Nintendo Network is better than OTL due to the additional work done on the Nintendo UDS (this timeline's version of the 3DS though replace the 3DS with more general sturdiness and capability) and the Nintendo Twin (OTL version of the Wii U, but with an additional year of finetuning, development and so on). These would last longer because of the success so the Network would be maintained even when the Nintendo Switch comes out. As such, it would likely be better than OTL. Not perfect, but definitely fewer complaints.

Last edited:
Hypothetical Scenario Question: What would happen if OTL December 1st, 2020 Russia was ISOTed to December 1st, 2020 of the A Gore Prosperous Tomorrow universe?

How's Afghanistan and Iraq like?

Well, Afghanistan saw the end of Bin Laden and Al-Queda along with the Taliban being crushed months later, so it would be an Islamic Republic. While still occupied for a little while more by American troops as spot clearing, it wouldn't be under the constant troubles of OTL. Beyond that, it's basically them dealing with other issues. One thing would probably less of a presence of opium and heroin, especially as new drug policies spurred by the Sanders Administration starts the ball rolling for dealing with the illegal drug market as well as coming up with better ways in that.

Iraq remained under Saddam until the Arab Spring. Saddam led Iraq into war against Syria during the middle of Syria's civil war. Assad and Saddam would both end up dead and a coalition established to restore order. More on it here: https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...sperous-tomorrow.469925/page-29#post-20331534

The new Iraq would definitely be under large Iranian influence though beginning its own reforms over times with no more conflict except inwardly.

Hypothetical Scenario Question: What would happen if OTL December 1st, 2020 Russia was ISOTed to December 1st, 2020 of the A Gore Prosperous Tomorrow universe?

Honestly, excluding the shock of alternate universe travel and so on, they would not be able to cope that much. They'd have to contend with a smaller scale of influence, climate change being addressed more seriously and so on. Putin would still be charge and still be distrusted. ISOT it not exactly my forte ^^;

Keep asking questions! I love answering them and I try the best I can. We have 2 whole decades and feel free to give suggestions or comments on what probably would've happened, especially in fields I'm not well-informed or knowledgable in.

Were there any government scandals at all in any country?

Outside of the China one here ITTL, probably not many new scandals I would reckon. Subtract any involving Bush regarding the Middle East wars. Hmmm... not sure if there would be any major scandals that I can think of in this time though that may be more my inexperience with the politics of many nations.

Thanks also is right wing media any differentto OTL?

The Gore Presidency restored the Fairness Doctrine of the FCC and it's likely that the some version of the "Fairness and Accountability in Broadcasting Act" would be enacted, which would enforce an atmosphere of apolitical news reporting, which would influence some stations more than others, especially going hand-in-hand with the various reforms and actions going on.

Right-wing media would likely be forced much more to the political center, at least the mdoerate ones while others would likely be sent to the dustbin of irrelevancy or conspiracy. At the same, what would be considered rightwing media may change over time as well because of the overton window change.

Did Brexit happen? Also how's the EU?

Brexit did not occur. The Tories lost seats in 2015 and their coalition with the Liberal Democrats fell because of their own problems and fighting. A coalition was formed between the Labour, who gained seats, and SNP. However, given the Scotland referendum, there were concerns over doing so. It would lead to Corbyn being voted as leader of the Labour party. Likely critics of his in Labour and Tory hoped he would fail to get rid of his more radical rhetoric. However, given the rise of Sanders in the US and the growing support of progressive policies, it was the sign of the tide turning against the Tories and their sympathizers.

As for the European Union, likely undergoing some much needed reforms to better live up to the ideals and dealing with the neoliberal elements and the problems it caused. Also probably ensure greater collaboration between them all alongside more involvement from the citizenry.

Last edited: