Florida/Ictoria in 6500 AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
About Brontosaurus, they are valid genus since 2015 and separate from Apatosaurus. Weird that this isn't well known already, oh well. Also, I forgot to ask whether Disney only cloned these supposed "Dinosaurs" or were they also branched to do non-dinosaur prehistoric animals as well?

Also, I'd like to revise of the names the Ictorians use to refer the dinosaurs. Perhaps Triceratops should be called "Thrinok", Stegoceratops as "Platagon", Parasaurolophus as "Utabeest", and Utahraptor as "Garadhrom" with all raptor/dromaeosaurs species (that were cloned) collectively called "Dhrom". All of those named made to reflect the linguistical changes overtime. I like Oviraptor is called Kitchi in here btw.

Lastly, Here's the list of possible dinosaurs that lived in Ictoria that I can think of so far (this list would be expanded of course).

A. Domesticated for Food
1. Chicken (Gallus Gallus?) - Yes, avians are dinosaurs
2. Dryad (Dryosaurus)
3. Styger (highly modified Stygimoloch that made to be as big as Pachycephalosaurus) - Goat/Sheep Analogue
5. Monto (Edmontosaurus annectens) - Cow Analogue(?)
6. Sitak (highly modified Psittacosaurus that were enlarged and fattened) - Pig Analogue

B. Domesticated as Beast of Burden/War
1. Thrinok (Triceratops prosus domesticus) - Ox Analogue perhaps?
2. Platagon (Stegosaurus)
3. Garadhrom (Utahraptor ostrommaysi)
4. Pollokara (Gallimimus)
5. Hunter Tayrann (Moros Intrepidus) - War Dogs analogue
6. Thront (Brontosaurus) - Used as a biological troop transport/APC as well as being a War Elephant analogue

C. Domesticated as Pet/Companion
1. Kitchi (Oviraptor)
2. Vekdhrom (Velociraptor)
3. Igosa (Lioaoningosaurus)

D. Trophy Animals
1. Utabeest (Parasaurolophus)
2. Wild Thrinok (Triceratops horridus)
3. Sailed Spigator (Spinosaurus floridensis)
4. Grand Tayrann (Tyrannosaurus princeps)
5. Royal Monto (Edmontosaurus regalis)

I really like your list!

Disney scientists didn't have complete dino DNA, so they tended to create (partially from scratch, partially from ancient DNA, partially from modern sources) things that looked a lot like dinosaurs. Any and all correspondence to real-life dinosaurs is taxonomically dubious at best, but enough to sell tickets.

I am attached to the names I gave the species. Some of these names are loan words from other languages (kitchi), but others are literal descriptors. This has precedent in German (and other languages): Schildkröte, literally "shield toad", means tortoise. Famously, Stachelschwein means "spike pig" or porcupine. Actually, porcupine is just as literal: Pork+Spine. "Three horns" is a literal descriptor befitting a new language without many loan words from other languages. Same for "white talons".

I really did like some of your names, though. It is hereby canon that "dhrom" is the classification for "feather beasts" in Old Planic, with some names being derived therefrom!

Not all species have been domesticated yet. Many are just wild animals, with limited use by humans. I have modified your list, which I will post next....

List of Dinosaurs
With generous and much appreciated help from @Izayoi_Alpha, this is the canon list of dinosaurs (to which I reserve the right to add new ones):

A. Domesticated for Food
1. Burral (Edmontosaurus annectens) - One can feed a small city for a day with that much meat!
2. Sitak (Psittacosaurus) - Mmmmm... bacon!

1. Three-horn (Triceratops prosus domesticus) - Twice as big as an ox and four times as dumb.
2. White Talon (Utahraptor ostrommaysi) - Fierce, loyal, and fiercely loyal. A powerful army rests on the backs of the White Talons.
3. Featherdog (Moros Intrepidus) - Used by many farmers to help them manage their herds of sitak.
4. Thront (Brontosaurus) - Warriors of the Sabouri Empire would ride these into battle, twenty troops on the back of each thront. Killing a thront still only counts as one, though.

1. Kitchi (Oviraptor) - Great for catching mice. Some old widows tend to have too many in their homes.
2. Igosa (Lioaoningosaurus) - Some people say they look ugly, but their smashed-looking faces are cute to some, and igosa are actually pretty cuddly.

D. Trophy Animals
1. Lulabeast (Parasaurolophus) - Perhaps the smartest of all feather beasts. They live in packs of family units. Their soothing, low-frequency songs are considered good omens.
2. Sailed Spigator (Spinosaurus floridensis) - Will sometimes hunt lone travelers as food. Always travel with a companion in the Vurden Forest.
3. Beast-king (Tyrannosaurus princeps) - An awe-inspiring sight! Captured beast-kings are given as "white elephant" gifts to rival nobles.
4. Royal Burral (Edmontosaurus regalis) - Prettier than a normal burral. Royal burral meat is considered a delicacy.
5. Platagon (Stegosaurus) - Meat is OK, but the back fins are ground into powder, believed to be a cure for various venereal diseases. It's not.

E. Wild Animals
1. Dryad (Dryosaurus) - Hunted for meat and their beautiful hides, which are covered in soft, colorful feathers.
2. Ram (Stygimoloch) - Harmless and rather cute when alone, but in herds they can tear down a village in an hour.
3. Bakabaka (Gallimimus) - "As smart as a bakabaka" is considered a devastating insult among Ictorian children.
4. Vekdhrom (Velociraptor) - Many widows lose pet kitchi to the stomachs of wild vekdhrom.
5. Finback (Dimetrodon) - Quiescent, pleasant, and utterly useless.

Atlantis and Antikythera
How would the Ictorians view the legends of N'yark (Prehistoric: New York, New York City)? I assume that the stories or journals about the ancient/prehistoric lost city but unfortunately most of the stories are either forgotten or undeciphered?

What would the people of 6500 AD view Cheyenne Mountain Complex? I was thinking that Cheyenne Mountain Complex as of 6500 AD will be viewed as the unknown place or maybe a cursed place where there were rumors of unknown artifacts what the archeologists might discover.

Also, the poets and poems can tell the stories about how flying vehicles were made but it is also how they will tell the stories about the other prehistoric technologies like the wonders of machine-bird (Prehistoric: Drones), railbus (Prehistoric: Trains), and others like cameras and more. Some scholars will examine whether they identify an unknown object what the prehistoric people had used like yachts or any sailing vehicles.

How Ictorian scholars would debate or view the prehistoric internet that the one of the wonders of prehistoric technologies was used? Maybe whether they would classify the internet as myth or truth? But if the internet revives in the mid or late 8th millennium, how long would Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any social networks and news networks would be remembered?

What about the Tesla Roadster which the flying ancient prehistoric car was launched before and what about the Voyager 1 and 2 and also KEO spacecraft?

Stories of big, pre-Great Dying cities all got rolled up into just a few archetypes. Some were thought of like ancient Atlantis (prosperous and aloof), others like ancient Babylon (decadent and blasphemous), and still others like the cities of ancient Egypt (a few living in luxury, supported by slavery). Of course, people in 6500AD don't spend very much time thinking about us today, just as we don't spend much time thinking about the people of 2400BC.

Cheyenne Mountain wasn't the military hub in 2099AD that it is today with most operations moved under the Grand Tetons in the 2040s. Somebody dropped a little asteroid on it during the Big War just in case, though. Due to these kinds of impacts, everything as far north as Cheyenne Mountain has been covered in ice for a couple thousand years. Cheyenne Mountain Complex will never be rediscovered, as the crater it was in will be carved into a new glacial valley eventually.

You are definitely right about poetic interpretations of our technology! To them, the internet must have been magical portal technology, or at least something similar to crystal balls. By 2099, everybody has forgotten Facebook and Twitter (thankfully). No memory remains of those specifically by 6500AD.

Once these people reinvent space travel, they will be able to find the Roadster, but Voyager 1 and 2 will be lost forever, approximately.

R.E. Luna flashes, a hint please?

The 3rd one has a picture and 3 numbers. It acts to remind people of a certain ancient mathematical principle.

@rexnerdorum

Will there be mythical references to Disneyland in Florida ? Perhaps Mickey Mouse religion or something or the Gods of Looney Tunes ?

Bugs Bunny as the God of Harvest and Fertility
Daffy Duck as the God of Narcissm and Anger
Porky Pig as the God of Gift-Giving and Jovial Happinness
Speedy Gonzales as the God of the Wind
Tasmanian Devil as the God of Storms
Lola as the Goddess of Love
Tina as the Goddess of Alchemy
etc

Just putting my thoughts in there because it'll be really cool to see the lasting legacy of Disney in post-Florida

Last edited:
Didney Whorl
@rexnerdorum

Will there be mythical references to Disneyland in Florida ? Perhaps Mickey Mouse religion or something or the Gods of Looney Tunes ?

Bugs Bunny as the God of Harvest and Fertility
Daffy Duck as the God of Narcissm and Anger
Porky Pig as the God of Gift-Giving and Jovial Happinness
Speedy Gonzales as the God of the Wind
Tasmanian Devil as the God of Storms
Lola as the Goddess of Love
Tina as the Goddess of Alchemy
etc

Just putting my thoughts in there because it'll be really cool to see the lasting legacy of Disney in post-Florida

Probably not, unfortunately.

Most Floridians don't actually go to Disney World that often. It's a tourist trap we endure whenever cousins come into town. If it isn't on our minds much, stories will not survive long. That being said, I still like your ideas! After 4400 years, almost the entirety of our pop culture will be forgotten, but some things will combine with others and evolve with time until they are something new entirely. The Mickey Mouse-head logo (the one big circle with two smaller circle ears) will be remembered as a symbol of faux-luxury, like a chandelier made of glass instead of crystal.

will you do more maps on the rest of North America and maybe the world, I wonder what's happening in Africa?

An Empty World, A New Cradle
will you do more maps on the rest of North America and maybe the world, I wonder what's happening in Africa?
Sadly unlikely any time soon. Hurricane Dorian is coming right for my house, and school just started up again.

In the writeup, I state that most of the eastern hemisphere/old world was nearly completely wiped of human life, while the western hemisphere had a much lower death rate of 99.9%. Eventually, the western hemisphere will become the "old world" once they start exploring the relatively unpopulated eastern hemisphere, which never recovered even to the level of Ictoria.

Speaking of that, most of the Americas is just as depopulated. The world has entered a new ice age (as can be deduced from the much lower sea level) so ice sheets cover the majority of North America and much of southern South America. The Caribbean and Gulf regions are the center of civilization now, the new cradle of civilization and fertile crescent.

With generous and much appreciated help from @Izayoi_Alpha, this is the canon list of dinosaurs (to which I reserve the right to add new ones):

A. Domesticated for Food
1. Burral (Edmontosaurus annectens) - One can feed a small city for a day with that much meat!
2. Sitak (Psittacosaurus) - Mmmmm... bacon!

1. Three-horn (Triceratops prosus domesticus) - Twice as big as an ox and four times as dumb.
2. White Talon (Utahraptor ostrommaysi) - Fierce, loyal, and fiercely loyal. A powerful army rests on the backs of the White Talons.
3. Featherdog (Moros Intrepidus) - Used by many farmers to help them manage their herds of sitak.
4. Thront (Brontosaurus) - Warriors of the Sabouri Empire would ride these into battle, twenty troops on the back of each thront. Killing a thront still only counts as one, though.

1. Kitchi (Oviraptor) - Great for catching mice. Some old widows tend to have too many in their homes.
2. Igosa (Lioaoningosaurus) - Some people say they look ugly, but their smashed-looking faces are cute to some, and igosa are actually pretty cuddly.

D. Trophy Animals
1. Lulabeast (Parasaurolophus) - Perhaps the smartest of all feather beasts. They live in packs of family units. Their soothing, low-frequency songs are considered good omens.
2. Sailed Spigator (Spinosaurus floridensis) - Will sometimes hunt lone travelers as food. Always travel with a companion in the Vurden Forest.
3. Beast-king (Tyrannosaurus princeps) - An awe-inspiring sight! Captured beast-kings are given as "white elephant" gifts to rival nobles.
4. Royal Burral (Edmontosaurus regalis) - Prettier than a normal burral. Royal burral meat is considered a delicacy.
5. Platagon (Stegosaurus) - Meat is OK, but the back fins are ground into powder, believed to be a cure for various venereal diseases. It's not.

E. Wild Animals
1. Dryad (Dryosaurus) - Hunted for meat and their beautiful hides, which are covered in soft, colorful feathers.
2. Ram (Stygimoloch) - Harmless and rather cute when alone, but in herds they can tear down a village in an hour.
3. Bakabaka (Gallimimus) - "As smart as a bakabaka" is considered a devastating insult among Ictorian children.
4. Vekdhrom (Velociraptor) - Many widows lose pet kitchi to the stomachs of wild vekdhrom.
5. Finback (Dimetrodon) - Quiescent, pleasant, and utterly useless.
Just to be clear, do domesticated animals from our time still exist as well, or have they gone to the wayside in favor of the feather beasts?

Just to be clear, do domesticated animals from our time still exist as well, or have they gone to the wayside in favor of the feather beasts?
Ictorians still have most of the domesticated animals we do today, or at least those which were common in Florida pre-Great Dying. Kitchi and cats don't really get along well, so families will usually have one or the other. Horses are uncommon, sadly. Cows and pigs are plentiful. Dogs, fortunately, are still man's best friend, but white talons are in a very close second.

Horses are uncommon, sadly
What happened to the horses?

Also, on a different topic, I've asked a lot about how much we're remembered by 6500, but what about in 3480, right before the Fire? Seeing as Anno Domini was still used (and, therefore, there was likely at least some sort of Christian presence), I assume they knew more about us than the people post-Fire, but we are still talking about a post-apocalyptic society over a millennium after said apocalypse. Would America be more similar to how Rome is to us at that point? On that note, what would the Ictorians view in the same way we view Rome?

How would the Ictorians view the legends of N'yark (Prehistoric: New York, New York City)? I assume that the stories or journals about the ancient/prehistoric lost city but unfortunately most of the stories are either forgotten or undeciphered?

What would the people of 6500 AD view Cheyenne Mountain Complex? I was thinking that Cheyenne Mountain Complex as of 6500 AD will be viewed as the unknown place or maybe a cursed place where there were rumors of unknown artifacts what the archeologists might discover.

Also, the poets and poems can tell the stories about how flying vehicles were made but it is also how they will tell the stories about the other prehistoric technologies like the wonders of machine-bird (Prehistoric: Drones), railbus (Prehistoric: Trains), and others like cameras and more. Some scholars will examine whether they identify an unknown object what the prehistoric people had used like yachts or any sailing vehicles.

How Ictorian scholars would debate or view the prehistoric internet that the one of the wonders of prehistoric technologies was used? Maybe whether they would classify the internet as myth or truth? But if the internet revives in the mid or late 8th millennium, how long would Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any social networks and news networks would be remembered?

What about the Tesla Roadster which the flying ancient prehistoric car was launched before and what about the Voyager 1 and 2 and also KEO spacecraft?
Cheyenne Mountain houses NORAD, it would be just another crater.

If it avoid any direct strikes, mt.Rushmore should still be standing for thousands of years to come. Would be hilarious if a society developed around those great stone heads, and if not treating them like gods, then like the legendary figures like the Greek city states did for their founders

What about some other present-day countries that wasn't part of legend but part of archaeological culture? I assume that those countries would fall into the way of Minoans or any lost civilization.

A History of History
What happened to the horses?

Also, on a different topic, I've asked a lot about how much we're remembered by 6500, but what about in 3480, right before the Fire? Seeing as Anno Domini was still used (and, therefore, there was likely at least some sort of Christian presence), I assume they knew more about us than the people post-Fire, but we are still talking about a post-apocalyptic society over a millennium after said apocalypse. Would America be more similar to how Rome is to us at that point? On that note, what would the Ictorians view in the same way we view Rome?

Horses were uncommon in Florida in 2099AD, so few survived there through 6500AD. Horses are much more common in the former Sabourea (present-day Texas area), with dinos being less common.

One of the inspirations behind this work was exactly your next question. We all assume that after an apocalyptic event the USA would be viewed like the Roman Empire. But what if it was *long* after that event? Here's my list:

1) Jyllyn is viewed by the Ictorians like the Roman Empire (whose fall made "modern" states possible).
2) Igfil is viewed like ancient Greece (ca 500BC) (cultured but doomed to be conquered by 1).
3) Sabourea is viewed like ancient Egypt (ca 1000BC) (a far-off but a great civilization which influenced 2).
4) The civilization of The Rebirth is viewed like the Xia Dynasty (2000 BC) (mostly myths and stories disconnected from the present - see note below).
5) The civilization of the Governors and Mayors is viewed by Ictorian scholars like the descendants of Noah (nobody knows how {or if} they fit into real-world histories).
6) Our civilization is viewed by Ictorian scholars as the antediluvian parts of Genesis.

Keep in mind the Ictorians are firmly pre-modern in their thinking about the world. NOTE: When I say something is "viewed like" I mean for us to consider how a 9th Century Frankish peasant would view these things. Most of them would have no idea about anything beyond 1 and 2, with possible rumors of 3. 5 and 6 are firmly legendary even to the scholars of the age, with the local Vurdenic religion having its own creation story and mythology of Early Man.

The point is, the average person in 6500AD doesn't know anything about us at all, and thinks of us even less. All our great works which have survived are interpreted (even by scholars) to be the works of nature or of gods. Over the next thousand years, archaeologists would piece together about 40% of the truth, but not yet.

Is it pythogrus? right angled triangle to the left?

YOU GOT IT! Now why would the numbers 3, 3, and 9 be there? (You already know, just spell it out for all the non-mathematicians here)

If it avoid any direct strikes, mt.Rushmore should still be standing for thousands of years to come. Would be hilarious if a society developed around those great stone heads, and if not treating them like gods, then like the legendary figures like the Greek city states did for their founders

Would it survive being covered by glaciers? Honestly don't know.

What about some other present-day countries that wasn't part of legend but part of archaeological culture? I assume that those countries would fall into the way of Minoans or any lost civilization.

See the post I just made above. No archaeology yet in 6500AD. Myths and rumors make up 98% of the knowledge of pre-Great Dying civilization. The fraction is 90% for the period of The Rebirth.

Sadly unlikely any time soon. Hurricane Dorian is coming right for my house, and school just started up again.

In the writeup, I state that most of the eastern hemisphere/old world was nearly completely wiped of human life, while the western hemisphere had a much lower death rate of 99.9%. Eventually, the western hemisphere will become the "old world" once they start exploring the relatively unpopulated eastern hemisphere, which never recovered even to the level of Ictoria.

Speaking of that, most of the Americas is just as depopulated. The world has entered a new ice age (as can be deduced from the much lower sea level) so ice sheets cover the majority of North America and much of southern South America. The Caribbean and Gulf regions are the center of civilization now, the new cradle of civilization and fertile crescent.
What happened to East Asia (China, Korea, the Philippines, Japan)? Would the East Asia becomes analogue to Eastern North America or Caribbean later on if any advanced Western North America at the scale of 1400-1500 AD tech level would become colonizers?

What happened to Crypt of Civilization?

Look, @rexnerdorum, if there any unknown monolith or I mean surviving time capsules where the most mysterious structures was built by prehistoric engineers before the Great Dying which contains a variety of relics that were stored inside the strongest unknown monolith but if the archaeology had pulled back to 2010s-2020s tech levels or by the year 7400 AD, assuming that if any archaeologists or engineers had accidentally opened the time capsule and then plays the prehistoric songs like Little Mix, Taylor Swift, Zara Larsson, Eurovision, or any. What do the archaeologists think about the prehistoric songs that was survived from corruption due to in fact that the songs were stored inside the USB device before storing inside the garage of time capsule?

What happened to East Asia (China, Korea, the Philippines, Japan)? Would the East Asia becomes analogue to Eastern North America or Caribbean later on if any advanced Western North America at the scale of 1400-1500 AD tech level would become colonizers?

What happened to Crypt of Civilization?

Look, @rexnerdorum, if there any unknown monolith or I mean surviving time capsules where the most mysterious structures was built by prehistoric engineers before the Great Dying which contains a variety of relics that were stored inside the strongest unknown monolith but if the archaeology had pulled back to 2010s-2020s tech levels or by the year 7400 AD, assuming that if any archaeologists or engineers had accidentally opened the time capsule and then plays the prehistoric songs like Little Mix, Taylor Swift, Zara Larsson, Eurovision, or any. What do the archaeologists think about the prehistoric songs that was survived from corruption due to in fact that the songs were stored inside the USB device before storing inside the garage of time capsule?

In this timeline, India and China went to war in 2099. They dropped literal asteroids on each other in a violent and horrifying war of extermination. As the asteroids fell, they released plagues engineered to maximize deathtoll. Nukes were detonated in the thousands. For millennia, there was very little life of any kind in South, East, or South-East Asia. Eventually, new tribes would move in, but the vast majority of the human population lives in the temperate crescent near the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean.

There are a few vanity projects designed to store interesting things for long periods of time, but those are few and far between. There is no way for an archaeologist to play songs from our era. Batteries are long, long dead. No electricity (though limited use of electricity by 7500AD). Data storage completely corroded. Data encryption utterly alien. File storage systems utterly alien. Musical notation is completely different. Only the simplest of melodies could ever be known, even by the best archaeologists (saved on mechanical music boxes which miraculously survived corrosion for 5 millennia).

Taylor Swift, Little Mix, Zara Larsson, none of their songs will survive to the future. Perhaps this is a Utopian Future after all!
(NOTE: Obvious sarcasm. Deathtoll in the billions is always bad, even if we can get rid of trashy pop songs.)

Status
Not open for further replies.