This is the five races flag but there are only four stripes? Why?

Because there are no Tibetans in Manchuria?

A bunch of Mongol governments in the 30s and later Mengjiang used four coloured flags without the black.

Thought OTL Manchukuo did use all five colours, thought changing the meaning of red-blue-black colours (from Han, Hui (as in Muslims rather than the modern understanding of the term) and Tibetan to Japanese, Han and Korean) (yellow and white stayed for Manchus and Mongols).

sorry but I'm confused

This is the five races flag but there are only four stripes? Why?

Why is the flag repeated, on a smaller scale inset in the top half? I don't understand.
The colors don't represent the five (or four) races here, they represent the Eight Banners that made up the Manchu army: bordered and unbordered yellow, red, blue, and white, with the bordered in the top half and the unbordered below.

Also made another attempt (the symbol is a stylized version of the word "Manchu" written in Manchu script):
Manchu banner 3.png

The colors don't represent the five (or four) races here, they represent the Eight Banners that made up the Manchu army: bordered and unbordered yellow, red, blue, and white, with the bordered in the top half and the unbordered below.
ah ok, thanks.

Also I like this second design better

Series III of The Channel Islands flags

Ducal Banner of Normandy
Ducal_Banner_of_The_Channel_Islands.svg.png

Government Ensign, Ensign of Consular officials and Ensign of the Royal Channel Islands Yacht Club
Gov.png

HM Channel Islands Customs Ensign
HM_Customs_Ensign.svg.png

Flag of Channel Islands Embassies
Flag_of_the_Channel_Islands_Embassies.png

Jersey version of the flag of The Channel Islands
Flag_of_the_Channel_Islands_ on Jersey.png

Largely unrelated - Flag of the Commonwealth of The Channel Islands
Commonwealth of The Channel Islands.png

Sorry if it's been posted on ah.com before - Royal Standard used exclusively in Ireland
Royal_Standard_of_the_United_Kingdom1.png

Last edited:
The UK Constituent Country of Brittany (pt 1)

National Flag and Flag of the Church of Brittany
Banniel_Breizh_1.0.svg.png

The Ducal Banner
Drapeau_de_la_province_de_Bretagne_(1532).svg.png

Government Flag
1024px-Flag_of_Brittany_(Gwenn_ha_du).svg.png

Government Ensign and Ensign of the Royal Brittany Yacht Club
Breton Government Ensign.png

Burgee of the Royal Brittany Yacht Club
Burgee_of_Mylor_Yacht_Club.svg.png

Civil Ensign
Breton Civil Ensign.png

Ensign of the Breton Lighthouse Board
Flag of The Breton Lighthouse Board.png

Unofficial Breton Ensign
Unofficial Breton Ensign v2.png

Another unofficial Breton Ensign
Unofficial Breton Ensign v1.png

Yet another unofficial Breton Ensign
Unofficial Breton Ensign v3.png

I don't know the lore behind these flag, but I'm not sure a constituant country of a kingdom will use a flag heavily inspired by the USA since it's clearly republican

Coat of Arms of Rennes does have stripes.

Also, British East India Company also used a triped flag with a canton while Malaysia uses a flag clearly inspired by the USA while being a monarchy.

I don't know the lore behind these flag, but I'm not sure a constituant country of a kingdom will use a flag heavily inspired by the USA since it's clearly republican

I don't think TTL Breton society would be much different in terms of political structure than OTL Brittany. IMO a republican Brittany would use a triband flag. OTL US flag is based on general British vexillological traditions, the stripes stand for ecclesestical dioceses - I don't think the Breton flag looks particularly non-British or republican and the Brits are usually liberal enough so that they can coexist with minor leanings such as this flag. I think the OTL Breton flag is rather pretty, even if I think it's better looking on the version below. My personal concern is more that it's an ensign design and those are generally created for maritime/ aerial use, not land use.

1024px-Flag_of_Brittany_(Gwenn_ha_du).svg.png

I don't think TTL Breton society would be much different in terms of political structure than OTL Brittany. IMO a republican Brittany would use a triband flag. OTL US flag is based on general British vexillological traditions, the stripes stand for ecclesestical dioceses - I don't think the Breton flag looks particularly non-British or republican and the Brits are usually liberal enough so that they can coexist with minor leanings such as this flag. I think the OTL Breton flag is rather pretty, even if I think it's better looking on the version below. My personal concern is more that it's an ensign design and those are generally created for maritime/ aerial use, not land use.

View attachment 830809
Why not? The Greeks did it:

640px-Naval_Ensign_of_the_Kingdom_of_Greece.svg.png

Why not? The Greeks did it:

View attachment 830860
I suppose it's like Belgium adopting a revolutionnary tricolor flag while having a king, 19th century nationalism adopted republican imagery even when the end result was good old monarchy
Now I want to see flag of countries in US style, like this old thread with all flags in nordic cross template...

Flag of the British Azores.

Maybe France wins the Peninsular War and the Brits occupy it as a safety measure. Who knows, maybe by the 1980's, the military junta of a somehow reunifed Portugal tries to take it back? Hehe.

Flag_of_Australasian_team_for_Olympic_games.svg.png