Flag for an upcoming MOTF entry

What it says on the tin

AWRCflag.png

Flag of Silvestria

The Tupi-English Empire from South America in the timeline "The Adventures of the Average Joe" by @Viking25

A nation born from a corporate rebellion against their neglectful romano-british overlords resulting in country dominated by the private interests of it's food industry and religious institutions which are one and the same

With their luck-worshipping version of Christianity determining their very socioeconomic system under a technocratic dictatorship led by a Caligula-esque self-styled Emperor who's hellbent on uplifting their country into a space civilisation through any means necessary, be it cultural hegemony through control over the world's food supplies or creating living space stations via the cybernetic assimilation of the astronauts into their ships

A weird, friendly yet very creepy society that is still both culturally and ethnically native american despite being anglophone with a supposingly immortal monarch who cares more about culinary than ruling and whose people take deep pride in being the

"One Nation under Fortuna"
I need to get back to reading this.

Trying to choose a design for my Poland-Belarus timeline "Lepiej Razem", where a democratic Belarus enters a union with Poland.

Design 1:
4DRPltA.png

The "knot" design (Polish: węzeł; Belarusian: вузел, vuzieł); Two red bars, representing the two constituent nations, twisted together to form a stronger bar.

Design 2:
o2QJfaM.png

The "portions" design (Polish: porcji; Belarusian: порцыі, porcyi); The top half is a symmetrical colour inversion of the bottom half. In the top 2/3 we see the white/red/white of Belarus, and from the top to the bottom (though interrupted) we see the white/red of Poland. Both red and white are in equal portions, representing equality of the two nations.

Design 3:
ymfJzLV.png

The "ramp" design (Polish: rampa; Belarusian: пандус, pandus); from the hoisted edge, the proportions of the Polish flag transition towards the proportions of the Belarusian flag on the fly. The flag can be hoisted normally or in reverse (ie Polish side or Belarusian side first.

Last edited:
Trying to choose a design for my Poland-Belarus timeline "Lepiej Razem", where a democratic Belarus enters a union with Poland.

Design 1:
4DRPltA.png

The "knot" design (Polish: węzeł; Belarusian: вузел, vuzieł); Two red bars, representing the two constituent nations, twisted together to form a stronger bar.

Design 2:
o2QJfaM.png

The "portions" design (Polish: porcji; Belarusian: порцыі, portcyi); The top half is a symmetrical colour inversion of the bottom half. In the top 2/3 we see the white/red/white of Belarus, and from the top to the bottom (though interrupted) we see the white/red of Poland. Both red and white are in equal portions, representing equality of the two nations.

Design 3:
ymfJzLV.png

The "ramp" design (Polish: rampa; Belarusian: пандус, pandus); from the hoisted edge, the proportions of the Polish flag transition towards the proportions of the Belarusian flag on the fly. The flag can be hoisted normally or in reverse (ie Polish side or Belarusian side first.
Interesting :)

I think porcji is more likely to be chosen IRL, even though I think węzeł is cooler in and of itself. I suspect that, by 2004, most people would associate a red device on white as being one of the Red Cross & Red Crescent movement flags. (Though I am a WH40K fan and it also reminds me a lot of the Space Marine Apothecary symbol, which might be colouring my thoughts!)

Interesting :)

I think porcji is more likely to be chosen IRL, even though I think węzeł is cooler in and of itself. I suspect that, by 2004, most people would associate a red device on white as being one of the Red Cross & Red Crescent movement flags. (Though I am a WH40K fan and it also reminds me a lot of the Space Marine Apothecary symbol, which might be colouring my thoughts!)
Oh that's a good point about Red Cross confusion. Also I can kind of see the WH40K apothecary similarity haha.

Design 1:
4DRPltA.png

Design 2:
o2QJfaM.png

The "portions" design (Polish: porcji; Belarusian: порцыі, porcyi); The top half is a symmetrical colour inversion of the bottom half. In the top 2/3 we see the white/red/white of Belarus, and from the top to the bottom (though interrupted) we see the white/red of Poland. Both red and white are in equal portions, representing equality of the two nations.

Design 3:
ymfJzLV.png

they both use red-white designs so to me, the first one is better as, unlike the others, it doesn't look like a mashup of the respective national but a new, separate one representing the union itself.

Untitled (8).png

Islamic Economic Forum

This is the flag of the Islamic Economic Forum. Founded in 2019, the organization's stated mission is to foster economic relations among the member states, which include nations from around the world on the basis of a shared faith--from such recognizable giants of the faith as Saudi Arabia to nations with strong Islamic minorities, such as Albania, Suriname, and Ghana. Observer nations include such giants as China and Russia. At first, the organization was limited to the MENA area, but expanded as other nations sought to join a growing trade bloc that operated outside of the confines of OPEC.

The flag incorporates an Islamic geometric design in the center, which shows five stylized arrows pointing toward a single star, representing the five pillars of Islam, and also the shared singular goal of the organization to promote economic ties among member states. It also represents the five founding members: Malaysia, Indonesia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. The pentagonal emblem is also said to be a subtle allusion to the Black Stone of the Kaaba, a pentagon-shaped sacred rock. The two bars on the sides, which are also geometric designs, and repesent the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lampur, Malaysia, where the accords creating the organization were signed. The white on both flags represents peace, and the various shades of Turquoise represent cooperation and friendliness.

Sometimes, a version is used without the bars on the sides for a cleaner effect.

Islamic Economic Forum (2).png

Islamic Economic Forum (Variant)

Islamic Economic Forum (6).png

The Logo for the upcoming summit

Last edited:
Haven't figured out the details, but it's either a British Brittany or part of France that's called Gaul, but it's rarely called France or speaks Latin in my head.
Brittany has a lot of potential for AH, think of the Celts, it's explorers and monarchist tendencies.

The basis was that small entities could have colonies as well (or microstates could build empires, like a theoretical Empire of the Vatican).

I also have a Breton Cape Breton in mind, posted a possible flag a while back.

Florentine-united republican Italy

R9Ih5VA.png

Greatest territorial extent c. 1800

xQ3SbH4.png

Flag of Veneziola (Venezuela), based on the colours of explorer Giovanni da Verrizzano's hometown (Val di Greve, Florence, Italy). The name was chosen based on Verrizzano's remarks comparing the coasts to that of Venetia.

hHbYF1N.png

Flag of Soladi (Hispaniola), flag based on Rome (red/gold bicolour) and the Aragonese striped flag. The island was settled extensively by Catalans from the Balearic islands. The name comes from the first name given to the island by Verrazzano, "L'isola d'italia" which became shortened among colonial Italians to "Sola d'i". The shortened name was misunderstood by many foreigners to be the official name, rendering it in English and other languages as "Soladie" or "Soladi" - and eventually it became the official name of the country on its independence.

Florentine-united republican Italy

R9Ih5VA.png

Greatest territorial extent c. 1800

xQ3SbH4.png

Flag of Veneziola (Venezuela), based on the colours of explorer Giovanni da Verrizzano's hometown (Val di Greve, Florence, Italy). The name was chosen based on Verrizzano's remarks comparing the coasts to that of Venetia.

hHbYF1N.png

Flag of Soladi (Hispaniola), flag based on Rome (red/gold bicolour) and the Aragonese striped flag. The island was settled extensively by Catalans from the Balearic islands. The name comes from the first name given to the island by Verrazzano, "L'isola d'italia" which became shortened among colonial Italians to "Sola d'i". The shortened name was misunderstood by many foreigners to be the official name, rendering it in English and other languages as "Soladie" or "Soladi" - and eventually it became the official name of the country on its independence.
I'm just working on a Medici united Italy that's called Tyrseny that also includes Cabo Verde :)

Last edited: