Flag of the Kingdom of Lorraine.
Under the early Valois-Burgundy dynasty the saltire was blue and the flag mostly military but with the accession of the Willemine Hapsburgs in the 1600s it was darkened and slowly became the national flag.
kdm-lorraine.png

Silverland.png

Inspired by a map i saw esterday in map thread by @Aztekk
Silveland. An alternate Argentina colonized by England.
In this world Rngland colonize south America and France and Spain the north.
United States of Silverland (USS) are the most advamnced and rich nation in this world owning Homeline Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay and pieces pf Brazil
Silverland.png

Here my map.

Thabks again to @Aztekk

View attachment 601357
Inspired by a map i saw esterday in map thread by @Aztekk
Silveland. An alternate Argentina colonized by England.
In this world Rngland colonize south America and France and Spain the north.
United States of Silverland (USS) are the most advamnced and rich nation in this world owning Homeline Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay and pieces pf Brazil
View attachment 601360
Here my map.

Thabks again to @Aztekk
Very cool!

Since TNO's newest patch just released:

===============================================​

WerBell stumbled out of the door, drunk. They had hit the jackpot. Matkovsky was out there, somewhere, probably skulking in the shadows but out of the picture nonetheless. Rodzaevsky was dead, with his madness buried six-feet deep in the ground along with his body. All over the former RFP stronghold of Magadan, partying had begun. Soldiers and local talents alike mingled with the crowd, and alcohol flowed freely from the pubs to the offices of the commanders. WerBell drank his fill, and he gulped it deeply. He had won, and to the victor goes the spoils. Or the swills, in his case.

In the next room over, the rest of his officers convened, their voices like indistinct bangs and thuds against the wooden wall. Sometimes he could hear a word or two emerge from the discussion, but his whiskey-addled mind soaked every last bit with liquor, and every phrase slid drowsily into his brain. No matter. He could trust his officers; they were loyal to more than their paycheck. If it had been the regular bread-and-butter mercenaries, he would have howled at them and shot his revolver all over the room.

He looked at the tea-colored substance lying in wait in the shot glass on the table, inviting him to take it for a single sip. Maybe he can. Maybe not. Better not to take the risk. Tonight was a fateful night. His neighbors were making history.

The door creaked open. "Sir?" One of his officers said, "We have an important question."

"Spit it out already," WerBell said, growing impatient, "This whiskey's mighty tempting."

"We have nailed the specific nature of the... Republic, sir. There is only one question left, and I think you should answer it. It's about the name."

WerBell stood up, his hands poised for a theatrical and grandiose display. He said, almost at the top of his lungs, "We're west from Alaska," toppling from his feet, catching himself up in the last second, "West ALASKA!"

The officer blinked at him. "Excellent choice, sir.

===============================================

zOGNd25.png

The Republic of West Alaska: WerBell's old outfit, now with lines on the map and a citywide HQ. A nation of mercenaries planning their next payday - and with the petty feuds of warlord Russia, payday is never more than a week away.

dvE9XY0.png

The United States of Russia, or when a few young men, Ingram gun in hand, dared to dream big... and won it all.

vc.png

The planet Vulcan
Vulcan is the first major planetary body from the sun, and it is a pretty ‘cool’ place. The planet is tidally locked to the sun, with a lava ocean known as Mare Pandoris facing the sun. It has a small atmosphere of choking hot carbon dioxide, along with some rock vapor. Yes, rock vapor, and this tends to rain as boiling hot rocks on the far side of the planet. The sun also squeezes Vulcan to immense degrees, causing volcanoes (no pun intended) to erupt regularly. Despite being a literal hell, Vulcan is home to immense resources beyond imagining, having massive amounts of diamonds, gold, platinum and many other goodies, making Vulcan worth the challenge to mine. Vulcan is a little bigger than Earth, at around 14,476 km, but is twice as massive. It zips around the sun having an orbit of only 25 days, and it lies 0.147 AU from the star that tortures it.

Vulcan was colonized by Germanic Europeans, Mercurians and Selenites. Its culture really values toughness and respect, due to its climate and the fact that it was subjugated by Mercury for a couple centuries. Vulcani people are very short and stocky, as the immense gravity of the planet squeezes their figures, and they eventually began to see themselves as manifestations of dwarves. The planet has a population of around 94 million (there are about 43 million more in orbit), a far cry from Mercury’s six billion and Earth’s 21 billion. Vulcan is still an inhospitable and deadly place, but it has recently wiped out the last of the Mercurian presence in its area and has established an alliance with the Martians.

The flag

Vulcan’s flag is essentially a roundel in a black field, sort of acting as a visual representation of the planet from space. Not only does the black in the flag represent space, but it also represents the dark struggles the people of Vulcan have been through. The red outline on the circle stands for Vulcan’s ‘overworld’, as well as the blood shed to get to the yellow circle, which represents freedom, the ‘underworld’ (where most people live) and the lava ocean Mare Pandorae.

Major nations of Vulcan

The Kingdom of Muspelheim is a strange elected hive-mind run ‘monarchy’, made out of colonists hailing from Germany, Scandinavia and the Netherlands. It is the largest nation on Vulcan in terms of both economic power and population, and is home to the strongest military on the planet, producing some of the best soldiers in the system. Muspelheim is very deep into the dwarven-like culture of Vulcan, with its people sporting immense beards and collecting axes. It is mainly atheist in terms of religion, with decent Christian and Neopagan minorities. It speaks Muspelisk as its official language, a creole of many Germanic languages.

The flag of Muspelheim features a Scandinavian rune which represents the dimension it was named after.

The Kingdom of Ishun is descended from Mercurians (who arrived before Mercury got its claws on Vulcan), mainly hailing from the former Chinese and Middle Eastern colonies there. It was named after a Mesopotamian fire god, but uses a lot of Chinese imagery, not to mention a little bit of Muspelheimer culture here and there. Ishun is the second largest nation by population, with the third largest economy. Most Ishunren people follow a strange Confucist variety of Islam (in true Mercurian fashion) but speak Chinese and Arabic with little mixture.

Ishun’s flag shows a Ouroboros of a Chinese dragon around the Chinese symbol ‘Lu’ for prosperity. The people are well aware of how evil it looks and joke about it a lot.

Aetna is the third largest nation by population, with the second strongest economy. It is a former Selenite (from Earth’s moon, which is a rather different place ITTL) colony, with people mainly hailing from the American settlements. Aetna is an American styled democracy, and it’s people, while just as harsh and stocky, are not too fond of the dwarven look that most Vulcanis like. The nation is located next to Aetna mons, the tallest mountain on Vulcan. Aetna is mainly Christian and speaks Senglish (Selenite English, the lingua franca of the solar system).

Aetna’s flag isn't too descriptive, the colors are taken from Vulcan’s flag and the mountain stands for Aetna Mons.

The Orbital Freeholds are basically all the habitats in Vulcan’s Hill sphere, of which there are 46 major ones and more than 500 minor ones. Most of the habitats are of Mercurian descent, as they were installed during Mercury’s rule over Vulcan. They serve as important trade nodes, due to the fact that Vulcan is on average the closest planet to everything else in the system. Currently, the freeholds are on the decline, and 7 major habitats were recently decommissioned due to the Mercurians leaving for their homeworld.

The big circle on the flag represents Vulcan, the inner ring represents the minor habitats and the dots represent the big habitats. The yellow field stands for the sun.

The Pandora Territory encompasses all of Mare Pandorae, the enormous Lava ocean at the sunward side of Vulcan. Not many people live there, and those who do live on several tungsten rigs built on diamond mining sites. It is probably the deadliest place on the planet, due to the sheer death rate among workers here. Its population comes from all over the planet.

The flag of Pandora is simple, with Vulcan’s flag to the side and the yellow field, representing Mare Pandorae taking up most of the flag.

Cacustad is the capital of Vulcan, a former mining town turned revolutionary center. It was named after the fire breathing monster Cacus, who was slain by Hercules. Cacustad is currently the fifth largest city on Vulcan, and its underground is home to the Confederal Assembly.

The flag represents fire bursting out of a mound, with Vulcan’s color scheme attached to it.

I recently finished Volume IV of the long-running timeline Look to the West by Thande, and I thought I'd try my hand at redesigning the flag of the Adamantine Republic of California. The canon designs are...interesting, to say the least.

2020-11-22 22_06_51-Flags of the GAW part 1.png (PNG Image, 2248 × 3288 pixels) - Scaled (17%).png

In my design, I incorporated as many motifs from the original designs as I could while also trying to create something that's less of an eyesore and more "flag-like." The diamond has been enlarged and flipped to a fully blue field in order to make it stand out more against the yellow surrounding it, and I switched out the serif-font "C" for a more minimalist version which just so happens to look like the design on the flag of the U.S. state of Colorado. The red stripe on the right now directly abuts the diamond and contains three stars (like the flag of the Republic of the Rio Grande) which symbolize both the territorial divisions of Old, New, and Far California, and the three major ethnic groups involved in settling California and fighting for its independence--the New Spanish, Anglo-Americans, and Russians.

lttw california.png

Personally I'm very happy with how this looks, but I'd love to hear any feedback you folks have. (And if you've read further in LTTW than I have, don't spoil it for me!!)

EDIT: At the suggestion of @Ameck16, here's a different version with the stars moved to the hoist side:

lttw california flipped.png

Last edited:
Apologies if this is the wrong thread for it, but I was wondering if anyone here knew of a certain flag my wife and I just saw in Animal Crossing. The closest thing I could find to it is the Saint Kitts flag
1606171988877.png

The version we saw however had 3 stars instead of 2, and some sort of bird in the red corner.

Again my apologies if this is the wrong thread, but I am losing my marbles trying to figure out what it could be from because I swear I've seen it before.

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for it, but I was wondering if anyone here knew of a certain flag my wife and I just saw in Animal Crossing. The closest thing I could find to it is the Saint Kitts flag
View attachment 601979
The version we saw however had 3 stars instead of 2, and some sort of bird in the red corner.

Again my apologies if this is the wrong thread, but I am losing my marbles trying to figure out what it could be from because I swear I've seen it before.
Perhaps it's the flag of the island of Saint-Marie? It's essentially an upside down SK flag with a golden bird in the corner.
Saint-Marie is the fictional location for the Death in Paradise detective show.