image0.jpg

I’m definitely reusing this flag for a remake whenever it comes. May make the symbol either smaller or more central though to make it distinct.
Personally I'd make said symbol bigger to emphasize it's unique national characteristic.

President Huey Long gets to design the Presidential Standard ITTL, and its winds up a bit, uh, royal.

View attachment 586463

The quarters showing state emblem changes depending on the President I presume?

You know what I like it quite a lot. Very HREmperor-like (with the Imperial Eagle having the shield with the Emperor's personal coat of arms in front of it's body).

Last edited:
Do we have any heraldry connoisseurs in the house? How's this for a battle standard for Richard de la Pole?

Ju9czNj.png
Beautifully done!A small reproach would be that the motto "Dieu et mon Droit" reads backwards becoming "Droit Dieu et mon".
But on the other hand you laughed since you are supposed to read the flag from the mast outwards. Maybe the flag the other way round to the right?
I'll take a look at your chronology one day, you make beautiful maps!

Beautifully done!A small reproach would be that the motto "Dieu et mon Droit" reads backwards becoming "Droit Dieu et mon".
But on the other hand you laughed since you are supposed to read the flag from the mast outwards. Maybe the flag the other way round to the right?

Heh, yeah that was one of my concerns as well. However, the flag is "inverted" so to speak, so the technically correct way would have to have the text adverse as well. I didn't think tiorD nom te ueiD would look good though ;)

The flag itself is reversed since it had to accompany another standard, namely that of Charles Brandon:

Uuc7wpl.png

I'll take a look at your chronology one day, you make beautiful maps!

Thank you! The timeline is full of 'em ;) Although the quality does improve markedly as the years go by.

So how do you guys find my new flag for an African country?

The 5-pointed star stands for the five regions and tribes,
the colors are the panafrican ones.
Element 5.png