Flags adopted by the Allied New England States in 1802.

Colors:
Red background for England, from whence they came.
Blue stripes for the Sea, four of them because four states
White for the Glory of God

Centerpieces:
Green Mountains for Vermont
Pine Tree for New Hampshire
The Charter Oak for Connecticut
Cod for Massachusetts

New-England-Flags-Alt1-Compiled.png

I'm not exactly happy with any of the centerpieces, but I've been chewing on it for too long already and I'm just done.

I realize that “making a Nordic flag for a random place” is perhaps the most prominent cliche in flag making (aside from perhaps making a communist flag for a random place) but I swear this one has a justified reason! Please don’t go!
In this Universe, Denmark is never able to offload the Danish West Indies onto the Americans, instead keeping their unprofitable ex-sugar colony until the present. Of course, the sharecroppers do not exactly like their lot in life and agitate for autonomy/independence. The islands were temporarily occupied by the British during WWII, which just creates more desire. By the 1970s the independence of other Caribbean nations increases pressure. Finally the Danish West Indies are given self government along with Greenland. And so a flag is created, along the Nordic model. It symbolizes the Green Jungle Interior, the Yellow Sands of the Beaches, and the bountiful Blue Seas surrounding the island. There’s also a bit of a pun because the largest island is called Saint Croix.

CF526C6D-33AD-46B7-975B-B6C5734F483D.jpeg

New Incan Empire Flag.png

A relatively straightforward edit of the Cuscan flag to incorporate the Sun of May (which, in a fun historical coincidence, was also meant to portray the sun god Inti) in my TL where a more successful Argentina/United Provinces becomes the main ally and benefactor of a revived Incan state.

Alternatively, Alaska could be a moose, since it is the official land mammal of the state
Oh yeah, I had also considered that, though my original intention was to do these sorts of flags for all 50 states and I wanted to save the moose for Maine - though on reflection, why the hell wouldn't Maine be lobster?

I tried my hand at redesigning the Iowa state flag because I think our current one isn't memorable. The two blue stripes represent the Missouri and Mississippi rivers while the green represents it''s status as an agricultural state and the gold represents the wealth that comes from the land. The fleur-de-lis maintains the symbolism the current flag has displaying its history as a former french colony and is placed in the center of a diamond structure which is supposed to be an abstract eye because it's the hawk-eye state.

So what do you guys think?
Iowa Flag Redesign.png

Edit: There was something bothering me about the gold in the flag. It doesn't feel balanced compared to the other two colors while at the same time making the flag look too busy. I think this second version fixes those issues by doing away with the green. But the downside is that kind of looks like a flag for the boy scouts.
Iowa Flag Redesign.png

Last edited:
I don't really know where else to ask this, but here it goes:

According to Lee Kuan Yew, the five stars on the Singaporean flag represents the city's Chinese inhabitants, with the stars alluding to the PRC's banner. Had the China not fallen to the communists, these stars would not exist as a point of reference--in this scenario, what symbol would Singapore utilize instead?

I don't really know where else to ask this, but here it goes:

According to Lee Kuan Yew, the five stars on the Singaporean flag represents the city's Chinese inhabitants, with the stars alluding to the PRC's banner. Had the China not fallen to the communists, these stars would not exist as a point of reference--in this scenario, what symbol would Singapore utilize instead?
Maybe something stripes-based, like the old ROC flag? Or something like the sun, for the newer/current ROC flag.

Not my own flags but wtf. Left is the historical Szeklerland flag in Romania, the other is Uruguay. WTF why do they have the same sun?
1598349159908.png
1598349173624.png

Last edited:
I tried my hand at redesigning the Iowa state flag because I think our current one isn't memorable. The two blue stripes represent the Missouri and Mississippi rivers while the green represents it''s status as an agricultural state and the gold represents the wealth that comes from the land. The fleur-de-lis maintains the symbolism the current flag has displaying its history as a former french colony and is placed in the center of a diamond structure which is supposed to be an abstract eye because it's the hawk-eye state.

So what do you guys think?View attachment 578044

Edit: There was something bothering me about the gold in the flag. It doesn't feel balanced compared to the other two colors while at the same time making the flag look too busy. I think this second version fixes those issues by doing away with the green. But the downside is that kind of looks like a flag for the boy scouts.View attachment 578071
Perhaps increase the gold in the original:
iowa2.png

Flags adopted by the Allied New England States in 1802.

Colors:
Red background for England, from whence they came.
Blue stripes for the Sea, four of them because four states
White for the Glory of God

Centerpieces:
Green Mountains for Vermont
Pine Tree for New Hampshire
The Charter Oak for Connecticut
Cod for Massachusetts

View attachment 577626

I'm not exactly happy with any of the centerpieces, but I've been chewing on it for too long already and I'm just done.
Interesting designs, and I assume Maine is still a part of Massachusetts. Why no Rhode Island, though?