I posted this on my DA page a few days ago but I forgot to post it here but what the hey.

A flag for a NATO-like alliance for my upcoming AH scenario, the Trans-Pacific Treaty Organization, which consists of Japan and the USA being the leading powers after an alternate Cold War that resulted in the collapse of both the USSR and China after a nuclear war between the latter two.

The symbolism should be self-explanatory, while based on both the NATO and SEATO flags, with the main symbol being a stylized character for "sea" in Japanese (海).

tpto_flag_by_kubocaskett_dg4e2kn-fullview.jpg

Tried making a flag with a FAL.
View attachment 848439
I assume it is the flag of a communist-inspired resistance movement, from the use of the color red and a date. Although I would point out that unless it's a move originating from an English speaking country, they would most likely put the numbers in order 18 / 3 / 65. Putting the month in front of the day seems to be more of an English thing than something widespread.

I assume it is the flag of a communist-inspired resistance movement, from the use of the color red and a date. Although I would point out that unless it's a move originating from an English speaking country, they would most likely put the numbers in order 18 / 3 / 65. Putting the month in front of the day seems to be more of an English thing than something widespread.

More of an American thing than anything else.

Ditto @Gokbay, this is definitely and specifically an American thing, not an English, nor Anglophone, thing.

There's some use of it in Canada, but the rest of the Anglophone world will pour scorn on you for using backwards dates like that.

I was making some sort of African communist resistance movement insignia, and thought of using something other than a Kalash. I just put the dates in the way we do it from where I'm from.

Last edited:
dg54vjg-1ad47c10-4285-467a-a541-8965bfe0b5b4.png

PAAN Flag.

The Pan-African Allied Nations are the most powerful Earth state in my setting Nemesis.
To not reapeat a wall of text, more information can be found in my signature.

Flag of the Empire of China
Flag of the Empire of China.png

The lore is barebones and could use more research at the moment, but basically the American Revolution goes a lot differently, with the Continental Army seizing control of Canada - but losing North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia to the British - which later forms the core of a British Dominion known as the Dominion of Carolina. When the War of the Third Coalition break out in Europe, America and Britain/Carolina fight over the French Louisiana in the Louisiana War. The war ends inconclusively - as while the British seize New Orleans, America gets all territory above parallel 36°30′ north and the Arkansas River. During the war, Horatio Nelson is killed in a naval battle off the coast of New Orleans - and this results in France winning TTL's Battle of Trafalgar and thus butterflying the invasion of Spain. Napoleon's invasion of Russia ITTL is thus a smashing success and establishes Napoleonic hegemony over Europe in the medium-to-long term.

With Britain locked out of European markets, TTL's version of the First Opium War breaks out earlier and still ends in a British victory - but not an overwhelming one as since the war is fought earlier Britain is not as industrialized and the Chinese are allowed breathing room to regroup and begin modernization. Overtime, this eventually leads to a soft fascist group known as the Guardians of Peace taking de facto power in the 1880s-1890s and forcing the Manchu ruling dynasty to interbred with Han Chinese to make them Han Chinese by blood. This is the flag they adopt.

Although GOP China has a warmongering attitude diplomatically, the fact that the Chinese are surrounded on all sides by European powers ITTL united against them - including an industrialized Russian Empire (no equivalent of the World Wars happened ITTL), limits the means and political will to launch an all out anti-colonial liberation crusade of Asia. Throw in a transformation to a liberal democracy caused by a growing middle class around the 1930s and 1940s ITTL, and China has largely settled down. They are currently the 2nd largest economy on Earth - behind only the Commonwealth of India.

Some other interesting facts about this world:
  • Haiti never massacred their French population, and thus was recognized by Britain as a stalwart ally. Along with still taking over Santo Domingo, they also later buy Cuba and Puerto Rico from the Spanish. They also become one of the first nations to industrialize.
  • Without much of the Southern states, the United States adopts a political system more akin to a modern-day parliamentary republic and abolishes slavery in 1824. Britain also abolishes slavery in Carolina, but this results in a brutal Boer Wars-esque conflict. Many Black Americans and Black Carolinians migrate to Haiti after all is said and done.
  • Napoleon dies in 1831 ITTL, bringing along a slow breakup of the French Empire that culminates in the Revolutions of 1842 - which results in a unified Germany, a unified Italy, an independent Hungary, and an independent Poland fused with lands from Eastern Prussia to form a Czechoslovakia/Yugoslavia-esque nation called Prussopoland (created artificially by Russia, and their flag is indistinguishable from OTL's Imperial Germany flag).
  • Russia owns Constantinople - which they gained from a war with the Ottomans in the late 1810s/early 1820s. They also control the Romanian Black Sea coastline, all of Bulgaria, all of the Macedonian region (they compensated revolutionary Greece with ethnic Greek lands in Anatolia), all of OTL's Albania and Kosovo, and they even still own Alaska.
  • What we think of as Brazil disintegrated in the 1820s and 30s ITTL, and a smoother decolonization by Spain meant that Argentina controlled many of these lands, giving them access to coal deposits crucial for industrialization. Consequently, Argentina (or Gran Patagonia as it's known here) became an economic powerhouse.

Flag of the Empire of China
View attachment 851774

The lore is barebones and could use more research at the moment, but basically the American Revolution goes a lot differently, with the Continental Army seizing control of Canada - but losing North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia to the British - which later forms the core of a British Dominion known as the Dominion of Carolina. When the War of the Third Coalition break out in Europe, America and Britain/Carolina fight over the French Louisiana in the Louisiana War. The war ends inconclusively - as while the British seize New Orleans, America gets all territory above parallel 36°30′ north and the Arkansas River. During the war, Horatio Nelson is killed in a naval battle off the coast of New Orleans - and this results in France winning TTL's Battle of Trafalgar and thus butterflying the invasion of Spain. Napoleon's invasion of Russia ITTL is thus a smashing success and establishes Napoleonic hegemony over Europe in the medium-to-long term.

With Britain locked out of European markets, TTL's version of the First Opium War breaks out earlier and still ends in a British victory - but not an overwhelming one as since the war is fought earlier Britain is not as industrialized and the Chinese are allowed breathing room to regroup and begin modernization. Overtime, this eventually leads to a soft fascist group known as the Guardians of Peace taking de facto power in the 1880s-1890s and forcing the Manchu ruling dynasty to interbred with Han Chinese to make them Han Chinese by blood. This is the flag they adopt.

Although GOP China has a warmongering attitude diplomatically, the fact that the Chinese are surrounded on all sides by European powers ITTL united against them - including an industrialized Russian Empire (no equivalent of the World Wars happened ITTL), limits the means and political will to launch an all out anti-colonial liberation crusade of Asia. Throw in a transformation to a liberal democracy caused by a growing middle class around the 1930s and 1940s ITTL, and China has largely settled down. They are currently the 2nd largest economy on Earth - behind only the Commonwealth of India.

Some other interesting facts about this world:
  • Haiti never massacred their French population, and thus was recognized by Britain as a stalwart ally. Along with still taking over Santo Domingo, they also later buy Cuba and Puerto Rico from the Spanish. They also become one of the first nations to industrialize.
  • Without much of the Southern states, the United States adopts a political system more akin to a modern-day parliamentary republic and abolishes slavery in 1824. Britain also abolishes slavery in Carolina, but this results in a brutal Boer Wars-esque conflict. Many Black Americans and Black Carolinians migrate to Haiti after all is said and done.
  • Napoleon dies in 1831 ITTL, bringing along a slow breakup of the French Empire that culminates in the Revolutions of 1842 - which results in a unified Germany, a unified Italy, an independent Hungary, and an independent Poland fused with lands from Eastern Prussia to form a Czechoslovakia/Yugoslavia-esque nation called Prussopoland (created artificially by Russia, and their flag is indistinguishable from OTL's Imperial Germany flag).
  • Russia owns Constantinople - which they gained from a war with the Ottomans in the late 1810s/early 1820s. They also control the Romanian Black Sea coastline, all of Bulgaria, all of the Macedonian region (they compensated revolutionary Greece with ethnic Greek lands in Anatolia), all of OTL's Albania and Kosovo, and they even still own Alaska.
  • What we think of as Brazil disintegrated in the 1820s and 30s ITTL, and a smoother decolonization by Spain meant that Argentina controlled many of these lands, giving them access to coal deposits crucial for industrialization. Consequently, Argentina (or Gran Patagonia as it's known here) became an economic powerhouse.
I like the coloring and the different round and straight parts that interestingly fit well together. Reminds me a bit of my favorit Chinese Republican and even People's Republic proposed flags OTL. Then again I love plaid clothes (whom I wear daily) and musters in general so I might be more then a little bias.

The red and yellow colors are supposed to represent the majority Han Chinese population. The lines are supposed to represent the Yellow and Yangtze River and the Grand Canal - along with Chinese strength and unity in general. Finally, the circle represents the history of China’s various dynasties and the beauty of Chinese culture in general.

Italian Libya

Made some flags which might be used in my timeline. Libya was developed and colonised extensively due to its close proximity to Italy and the discovery of oil. Italy ITTL entered WW2 very near the end, on the allied side, and maintained control over its colonies. Fascism ended in 1994 but Libya had already ben integrated into Italy as a province.

xOb3yGr.png

Fasces is still used in many parts of Italy (coat of arms from wikipedia)

xDDk4lG.png

Sovereigntist/independence movement flag - appears with no star, white star, red star, or star-and-crescent

Stretch

Donor
It's still considerably better than the several US states in flag design. There needs to be a law against states plastering their coat of arms on their flag and calling it a day.

1024px-United_States_with_territory_states_and_DC_flags_new2.png
Utah's been changed to a much more stylistically original and creative design: