I know I said it was over, but I came up with another (admittedly low effort) flag for my Cult War of the 2040s timeline. I found a cool image while browsing through public domain images and decided I wanted to incorporate it.
Face of Yahweh.png

The Cult War of the 2040s was thought to be a uniquely American conflict when it first broke out, however, over the ensuing years and the subsequent Second American Civil War after its end, the influence of these groups would begin to spread throughout the rest of the world. One group that would arise would be started by a Lebanese American who fled the US during the CW40s, ending up in Lebanon with family members. However, one day he would be outside when he claimed that he saw a human figure with a bull skull as its head, emerging between two cedar trees. According to him, this figure was Yahweh, who told the man that he was the reincarnation of Adam, and that he was slated to be the next prophet for the reborn Earth which was to come. Combining Lebanese nationalism and pre-Judaic rituals, the new group would be dubbed the Face of Yahweh, and the man would be dubbed the Mouth of the Bull. The Mouth of the Bull would say that Lebanon was the chosen land of Yahweh and that cattle were a holy animal, who would need to be sacrificed daily to appease Yahweh. Despite hostility from many groups in the surrounding regions, and across the world, this faith would grow, and would eventually come into open conflict with the Lebanese government. Eventually more groups would arise as instability in the region increased due to the continuing effects of global warming and increasing shortages of essential resources.
[/SPOILER/]

Last edited:
(What do you think of this proposed flag for "A Brighter Sunrise" timeline?)

During the Allied occupation, the Japanese flag was redesigned to distinguish the new democratic government from the old imperialist regime, adding a horizontal blue stripe to symbolize the aspiration for a better and more peaceful future on the horizon.

(edit: slightly more spacing)

(edit: not canon because @PolishMagnet brought up a good point)
-I don't think Japan would ever add a stripe to the hinamaru. It's a practically ancient symbol and to deface it feels like breaking tradition. They really don't *need* to have a different flag.

sEVETvb.png

Last edited:
(What do you think of this proposed flag for "A Brighter Sunrise" timeline?)

During the Allied occupation, the Japanese flag was redesigned to distinguish the new democratic government from the old imperialist regime, adding a horizontal blue stripe to symbolize the aspiration for a better and more peaceful future on the horizon.

dYbsPPJ.png

Its very beautiful, Im always a sucker for blue-in-white flags so I quite like it

Dari Union.png

I think I made this flag one time for a hypothetical Iranian-Tajikistani Union. As you can see, it incorporates the simplified tricolored flags of Iran and Tajikistan, united by a red rub el-hizb.

Last edited:
From my flipped south world: Naawatlan.

mIqyBrC.png

Naawatlan was formerly the Aztec Empire until its conquest by Sibania in the 16th century. Following almost 100 years of colonial rule, the popular leader Montezuma III sparked a rebellion when he claimed to be the direct heir to the fallen Aztec monarch Montezuma II. While the legitimacy of his claim was dubious at best, the outrage following his death led to the victory of Naawatl rebels against Sibania. The new nation of Naawatlan subsequently became a republic (due to Montezuma III having no living children) and spread west into formerly Mayan territory.

The time spent under Sibanian rule brought significant change to Naawatl culture, most noticeably in language, religion, and government. The sudden availability of standardised writing in the form of syllabaries and Chinese characters brought popular reform of the glyphs previously used to record city names and histories. Religion also changed, adopting the semi-buddhist enclosed temple system common in Japan, while still keeping worship dedicated to the gods of the Naawatl - specifically the two gods Ometecuhtli and Omecihuatl.

S3M0OHF.png

The flag depicts the transitions from day to dusk, to night to dawn, and around again. The single star represents the unity of the state. The blue rays are also inspired by feathered head-dresses used by Aztec shamans.

Last edited:
EMPIRE OF VIRIDIA

It's a flag of a project i'm working on.
Although not a direct parallel of Home Line, Orin is a world with an history akin to Earth. Many nations and states are close calls of Earth's ones.
Viridia is a close call of Kingdom of France, but with more celtic elements and the role of Holy Roman Empire .
Empire of Viridia.png

So I did a flag for the alt-Confederates, the American Republic, in my TL, The Scandalous Lives of American Royalty, in which, among other things, the Civil War is fought between monarchist, abolitionist Northerners, and republican, slaveholding Southerners. I thought I could share it here as well.

D8pxkNa.png

So the obvious first thought is - France? And yeah, that's the idea, with the French Republic flag being a symbol for Republicanism and the Republicans using it as a way to further promote their image of fighting the Monarchy more than anything.

Then, there is the wreath, mostly as a nod to the agrarian character of the region.

Then, the eagle, with the fasces, since they were a symbol of republicanism and I wanted to make sure "fascist" became a bad word in this TL too. Anyway I actually took that brilliant specimen from the National Guard Bureau, which I thought was pretty interesting.

And of course, the cherry on top has to be the "Southorners will never be slaves" below the eagle. It just sounded too good a thing to have written there, and I genuinely could imagine such a laughably hypocritical slogan.

So, although it is difficult to do a flag as iconic as the OTL Confederate cross, I find this one to be quite interesting in itself. A number of symbolic elements without it being too busy. And hey it's another reason for cultural dissonance between the US and France, and those are always fun.