I'm really curious as to the borders of this Acadia.
Started out as Arcadia defined by Verrazzano, later expanded to incorporate all of the eastern Appalachian slopes along with Florida. East coast basically. Despite this, the cultural composition of the Dominion of Arcadia is less homogeneous than OTL 13 colonies.

I think Saddam's Iraqi Intelligence Service flag looks really cool, really gives off a lot of dystopian and totalitarian vibes. Would be cool to get a flag/insignia based off of this.
1920px-Emblem_of_the_Iraqi_Intelligence_Service.svg.png

cosmincent2-png.804441

The Centennial of the Antarctic Revolutionary Commonwealths

Behold! The centennial celebratory flag for the Antarctic Revolutionary Commonwealths in my Power Without Knowledge TL! A century into the first successful Cosmicist experiment has seen the rise of a new force within the Antarctic Cosmicist Party, the Maximalist Fraction, determined to complete the work of transitioning the Cosmicist International into a true world government, expanding the space colonies into self-sustaining territories, and finally shattering the exhausted remnants of the Arctic Council to the north. To the dismay of the Nihilist powers the flag itself is unsubtle about these ambitions, prominently featuring the octopus that serves as the symbol of both the Cosmintern and the Maximalists and blatantly displaying the Cosmicist model of the solar system, complete with an Earth all decked out in burgundy. The ARC motto lends the flag an extra edge of either hopeful promise or implied malice, depending on which alliance you happen to be subject to.

This got nominated for a Turtledove! If anyone would like to second it I'll post the link below:

Also there's two nominations and no seconds and it closes in two days, get on it people 😂

If the Colorado was Caesar's Rubicon then the Red River was the Nile for those who came out of their bunkers after the bombs dropped.
This is the flag of the Red River Union, a post-war state in the Fallout universe. Created by a neighborhood that had basement fallout shelters in 75% of the houses, the survivors banded together and named their new state after the river that their neighborhood was near. However, the hostile world quickly led to it becoming a dictatorship ruled over by one of the first families to have emerged from their shelter.
The flag is in the colors of the prewar flag, with the two stars representing the US before the war and the hope that the Red River Union would live up to the values of the prewar state, which is also noticed by the slogan. The red wave represents the river as the neighborhood lies on the IOTL Oklahoma side.
Red River Union.png

Flag of British-Irish South Islanders of the Province of Te Waipounamu
- Based on the flag of Munster, Ireland and the provincial colours of Te Waipounamu
Flag of Te Waipounamu.png

Flag of British-Irish North Islanders of the Province of Te Ika-a-Māui
- Based on the flag of Ulster but the colours flipped, making the White Hand of New Ulster a sign of an honourable man
Flag of Te Ika-a-Māui.png

I don't have time to look up the rest but he House of Orléans was named after a city as well.
The House of Orléans derives its name from the fact that a relative of the King was given the title of Duke of Orleans ("Duc d'Orléans"). Does that mean that a similar title ("Duc de Québec") was granted to one of his relative at some point ?

If so, what's the POD ?

Something like that. I think that the most probable name for a naturalised cadet branch that inherits the colony would be Québec, at least I can't seem to find another one. A similar process to what happened with the Braganzas in OTL. Though I'm not fan of the heir bearing the title to the family name.

The polity becomes nominally independent, practically a condominium of France and Britain in 1763.

(crossposting from DeviantArt)

dokkaebi_logo_by_kubocaskett_dffqzyd-fullview.png

Here's something, a logo for a terrorist mercenary er, "Extra-Territorial" People's Security Organization, a PMC group if you prefer, for a project of mine I have been working on for almost two years now. Basically a Korean Wagner-Quds-like organization in case one asks. Not much a lore right now but I'll have it developed in the foreseeable future.

No relation to a certain gal from Rainbow Six Siege.

Crossposting my thing from map thread

15e5IO5.png

To be honest I made the map just because I had the idea for the flag.

93EFBcq.png

The flag is the nordic cross proposal for Komi's flag, with the lace pattern from Nenetsia's flag. They retain their OTL flags for internal regional usage, though usually the union flag is used.

Flag of the Norvegian Realm - Based on the royal Norvegian colours but with a nod to the Kalmar Union
Flag of the Norvegian Realm.png

Flag of the Firstdom of Svalbard - based on the colours of an existing flag proposal for the archipelago
Flag of Svalbard.png

Flag of the Firstdom of Jan Mayen - the red represents the island's volcanic nature, the white the snowy weather and the purity of nature, while the orange acknowledges the Dutch involvement of the history of Jan Mayen
Flag of Jan Mayen.png

Last edited:
Breton possessions

The Kerguélens
Breton Kerguélen Islands.png

Cape Breton
Flag of Cape Breton.png

The Canadas
Flag of Canada.png

The Malvinas
Flag of The Malvinas.png

As to questions about how this could be, these places have Breton origins, discoverers. I don't on the other hand think that I see Brittany as an independent country though, but as a subnational entity that carried out their own colonial policies initially (think of Scottish colonies that became British ones after 1707).
Brittany could either be a devolved democracy of the UK or Gaul & Belgium/ France (or of an empire made up of the two) or a country in personal union with France (much like Navarre was at a time).
The linguistic composition of Brittany would involve a minimum of 25% Breton speakers.

Last edited:
Breton possessions

The Kerguélens
View attachment 815904

Cape Breton
View attachment 815905

The Malvinas
View attachment 815906

As to questions about how this could be, these places have Breton origins, discoverers. I don't on the other hand think that I see Brittany as an independent country though, but as a subnational entity that carried out their own colonial policies initially (think of Scottish colonies that became British ones after 1707).
Brittany could either be a devolved democracy of the UK or Gaul & Belgium/ France (or of an empire made up of the two) or a country in personal union with France (much like Navarre was at a time).
The linguistic composition of Brittany would involve a minimum of 25% Breton speakers.
Flag of Cape Breton if Cape Breton was Breton.

Nice flags!