Status
Not open for further replies.
Using Ustaša-inspired symbolism has very strong connotations to say the least, so I would keep that in mind when making flags. If it is just going to be a Croatian knot though, that will probably work fine, as the positioning and coloration are different enough that people won't likely see the similarities.. I personally would go with 2 for Croatia, and you don't always have to be super alternate. I would go with 1 for Poland.

The blue means Russia basically, It is based off of the Russian Naval Ensign, so it would, IMHO, be unlikely to be used by polish people independent from Tsarist or Republican Russian rule.
Yeah, like i said, i just kinda threw the saltire in there and this timeline diverges in the middle ages so no ustasa and no controversial background to the symbol
Edit: yeah, the symbol is intended, in this timeline, to represent solely a croatian knot, ITTL, the symbol is as harmless as a celtic cross

Last edited:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, blue and brown is a highly underrated color combination.
tigriseuthratiszoroastrioanfsrsferfr.png

Lore time!!!
The blue stripes represent the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, with the brown stripe being the fertile land which lies in between them.
The Faravahar in the middle lacks the person because.................................................... I don't know, the nation follows some divergent branch of Zoroastrianism I guess.

Yeah, like i said, i just kinda threw the saltire in there and this timeline diverges in the middle ages so no ustasa and no controversial background to the symbol
Edit: yeah, the symbol is intended, in this timeline, to represent solely a croatian knot, ITTL, the symbol is as harmless as a celtic cross

What is the POD?

Is there a thread?

What is the POD?

Is there a thread?
I still don't have one ......yet, i'm mostly doing flags, for now, because a flag without a state means more things than a state without a flag, but i'm certain that the POD is in the middle ages because many of the ideas i have could only be accomplished with a medieval POD (surviving abbasid and ummayad caliphates alongside Byzantium and Brittany, mongol conquests are butterflied away, alternate colonization of the americas with some other cultures involved alongside, some degree of, sucessfull native resistance) and for now i don't think i have actual substance/ time and resources to keep a thread going so, for now, i'm mostly trying to put my ideas on paper
Edit: Also there are some things that i want to study more before i tackle them (Native Americans, India, Sub-saharan africa, The chinese imperial system)

Last edited:
Yet another flag challenge is up:
Flag Challenge 219: Wannabe Claimant to the Crown of the Couldhavebeen

An ATL Empire than nearly was OTL has fallen. Generations later one of the fragments makes a bid at a "restoration".
Create the imperial flag, or banner of arms, of the claimant and advise what has changed in the interim.

Challenge opens: now
Challenge closes: 5th March 23:59 GMT

Hopefully this isn't too vague.
Queries, questions, and comments welcome.

Flag of the Pacific States of America (1945-1970).pngFlag of the Pacific States of America (1970-1974).pngFlag of the Pacific States of America (1974-1976).png
Flags of the Pacific States of America in my kind-of-timeline (No Name Yet, thinking "A Springtime Revolution" currently). These flags are used from 1945 to 1970, 1970 to 1974 and 1974 to 1976. First flag is used during PSA's Japanese puppet phase, used until the annexation of the Dakotas, Nebraska and Kansas after the USSA-PSA invasion of the USA remnant. With the new states the flag is changed to add more stars. With the 1972 elections ending in "the Dissolution Ticket", an alliance of Independents, Utah First Party, Baja Party, Cascadian Union Party and the (pro US reunification) Pan-American Democratic Party, defeating the Pacific Republican Party. In 1974 Baja would leave the PSA and rejoin Mexico, leading to creation of a new flag until full dissolution of the PSA in 1976. The P in the first flag stands for "Pacific". The flags in general are meant to evoke the Pacific Ocean in the West and the Rockies in the East along with still being similar to the US flag while being distinct.
Flag of the Pacific Federation (1976-1988).png
This is the first flag of its successor, the Pacific Federation. I am not sure about the size of the stars however. Or their place (If they are to be smaller (similar size to the PSA flag stars) they could be in the middle or in the upper left corner).

Last edited:
View attachment 526909View attachment 526911View attachment 526912
Flags of the Pacific States of America in my kind-of-timeline (No Name Yet, thinking "A Springtime Revolution" currently). These flags are used from 1945 to 1970, 1970 to 1974 and 1974 to 1976. First flag is used during PSA's Japanese puppet phase, used until the annexation of the Dakotas, Nebraska and Kansas after the USSA-PSA invasion of the USA remnant. With the new states the flag is changed to add more stars. With the 1972 elections ending in "the Dissolution Ticket", an alliance of Independents, Utah First Party, Baja Party, Cascadian Union Party and the (pro US reunification) Pan-American Democratic Party, defeating the Pacific Republican Party. In 1974 Baja would leave the PSA and rejoin Mexico, leading to creation of a new flag until full dissolution of the PSA in 1976. The P in the first flag stands for "Pacific". The flags in general are meant to evoke the Pacific Ocean in the West and the Rockies in the East along with still being similar to the US flag while being distinct.
View attachment 526922
This is the first flag of its successor, the Pacific Federation. I am not sure about the size of the stars however. Or their place (If they are to be smaller (similar size to the PSA flag stars) they could be in the middle or in the upper left corner).
Did you mean to spell out Poo? XD

Did you mean to spell out Poo? XD

Would you believe me if I told you that I didn't? I was actually going to put the stars in a "H" shape at first but there would be no meaning for it. So I made the P with the meaning in mind. With the rest I just tried to do a vaguely circular shape. I am not sure how I failed to realise it before I posted honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.