Status
Not open for further replies.
An admittedly very basic idea for a Franco-Iberian Union flag.
FraSpaUnion.png

Flag of the 2nd Republic of China.png

Flag of China after 2222 in a Future History thing I am thinking of. Peoples Republic of China was on the losing side in World War Three (2111-2114) and until 2120 the fate of mainland China remained uncertain. In the end Taiwan (which had kept the claiming to be the Republic of China) "reclaimed" the mainland. Later in 2217 China (along with several other nations) lost a major war against the American led (well federalized EU has become an equal to the US) bloc. China became the 2nd Republic of China and adopted a new flag. Blue in the Canton was removed, the rays of the sun were changed from white to gold and the sun was centered. 2nd Republic of China is a member of the Venus Treaty Organisation, an alliance of 15 states with Venusian colonies (including China) and their allies, guaranteed by the UN (run most of Africa, Arabia, Pakistan, Iran and parts of Siberia directly) who are in competition with the big three of USA, EU and the Commonwealth (who along with the UN run Mars). Mars and Venus are being terraformed. UN is on the same level with the Big Three but officially neutral (UN is considered both a part of Big Four as an alliance bloc and and the guarantor of VTO).

So, i need someone's opinion, first some context, in the world i'm writing both the abbasid and umayyad caliphates survive until modern day, in both their flags i have put texts that basically say the same thing, the shahada, am i too lazy or do the different designs have a different flavor ?
flags 2.png

ps: it's in pixel art since i'm gonna annex it to a map i'm making
also ps: and edit: umayyad is left, abbasid is right

Last edited:
So, i need someone's opinion, first some context, in the world i'm writing both the abbasid and umayyad caliphates survive until modern day, in both their flags i have put texts that basically say the same thing, the shahada, am i too lazy or do the different designs have a different flavor ?
View attachment 523936
ps: it's in pixel art since i'm gonna annex it to a map i'm making
also ps: and edit: umayyad is left, abbasid is right
They do appear different. The Umayyad Rub El Hizb like one seems more sophisticated than the plainer Abbasid globe and words.

do the different designs have a different flavor ?
I like them - they're both simple in one way and complex in another, whilst being clearly different flags. They do have the sense of something which might have started off as designs embroidered on plain coloured cloth, like many real flags with long histories. Both using the shahada is certainly not a problem - consider all the different islamic flags which use it IOTL.

The crescent looks off center, shifted to the hoist.

Sky blue rather than the dark blue might be more appropriate given the OTL flags.
the day I have the financial resources to move on from keynote presentations I'll probably be able to make proper crescents.

1582115889313.png

Bit prouder of this one.

I envision this to be the flag of the Republic of Magallanes, a Spanish-speaking republic located within a green and perfectly habitable Antarctica. I'm thinking about Spanish expeditions coming down from Chile and La Plata into Graham Land (the Antarctic Peninsula bit) and other nearby landmasses which would exist without the ice. I'm personally fascinated by the concept and will expand later.

View attachment 524539
Bit prouder of this one.

I envision this to be the flag of the Republic of Magallanes, a Spanish-speaking republic located within a green and perfectly habitable Antarctica. I'm thinking about Spanish expeditions coming down from Chile and La Plata into Graham Land (the Antarctic Peninsula bit) and other nearby landmasses which would exist without the ice. I'm personally fascinated by the concept and will expand later.
Without putting too fine a point on it, I ABSOLUTELY ADORE inhabited Antarctica flags/scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.