Status
Not open for further replies.
So.... I got distracted today and made some things.

Alt%20American%20Flags.png

Apologies to all US citizens for defiling your flag. Tag which one you find most abhorrent.

Personally I actually like number 13.

@Ato Remarkable! I’m most offended by designs with the stripes isolated, like #3 and #16, but the ones with way way to many tiny stars or stripes are also pretty hard to look at 😛
but! Some of these look pretty nice, and some even look like they’d be real,#17 in particular strikes me as Brazilian in style

Apologies to all US citizens for defiling your flag. Tag which one you find most abhorrent.

Those are some genuinely nice flags! It's hard to say which one is worst, but 11 looks like the logo of a clothing brand.

i really like #16, it looks like it could be a presidential standard or something similar

Some really interesting derivations of the US flag there. 1, 2, 21 and 22 strike me as having the best historical precedent, though 26 feels quite feasible too. I really like 28 too, but as a flag for a US federal organ, maybe Congress, the Joint Chiefs of Staff or the Office of the President, rather than as a national flag.

@Ato Remarkable! I’m most offended by designs with the stripes isolated, like #3 and #16, but the ones with way way to many tiny stars or stripes are also pretty hard to look at 😛
but! Some of these look pretty nice, and some even look like they’d be real,#17 in particular strikes me as Brazilian in style
I also feel like those with huge numbers of tiny stripes and with a block of stripes completely isolated from the edge of the flag feel the least distinctive.

Those are some genuinely nice flags! It's hard to say which one is worst, but 11 looks like the logo of a clothing brand.
True, but it's unmistakeably a US clothing brand nonetheless!

2, 7, 8, 12, 15, 22 and 23 all seem rather nice to me. I think I like 4, 6, 16, 18, 25 and 27 the least (and I would rather like the latter two if they were upside down). I am very unsure bout 31. I like it aesthetically but can't see it as a national flag for the US. It kinda looks like a regimental flag from 16th-17th century to me.

21 and 32 are probably the most terrible, just because there are too many stripes to even count (I assume there's supposed to be 50 but I gave up). Otherwise, all the circles of tiny stars that you can't even tell are supposed to be stars look pretty awful to me as well.

14 though could be a nice design with a revised star pattern.

I've dabbled in flagmaking in the past, so here's a design I made for an alternate flag of Bosnia and Herzegovina. I used an existing design for the coat of arms and based the flag's tricolor design and proportions on the former flag of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (one of the two legal entities constituting Bosnia and Herzegovina as a whole, in addition to the Republika Srpska). The ten stars surrounding the coat of arms are another design element adapted from the Federation's old flag which represent the 10 cantons it is subdivided into. The colors of the tricolor itself are the pan-Slavic red, blue, and white, which are shared by the flags of its neighbors, Serbia and Croatia. Overall, it's not perfect, but I find it much more aesthetically pleasing and symbolically meaningful than the country's current flag, so I thought it was worth a shot!

bosnia 10 star.png

I may have a problem.

Alt%20American%20Flags%202.png

OH GOD! Someone please put 39 out of its misery.

As for more serious comments 46 is nice. 33 would be great with less stripes I think. 34 and 38 are nice enough. 37 is not bad while 43 is really nice. I like 36 but my mind is telling me to fold it in half. 42 could be better if the stars had a more regular layout. 40 hurts me a little but a part of me likes it none the less. I don't exactly like 44 but like the imperial Japan style imagery.

I really like most flags.
What I don't like : on Alabama, Arkansas and Florida the star is so big it looks childish to me.
The National flag looks goofy.
I'm not sure it follows unwriten rules of flag design (maybe make the 3 parts equal in width).
Globally nice effort.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not great at this

Here’s my improve maps. Set in a world in which France won the 7 year war and kept it colonies, which soon became independent states.
13B8C6A4-1C8B-439B-9870-19F1A4733253.jpeg

United Federation of Louisiana
9706F3E4-4FF1-49B5-A4DB-A1BD8931B92C.jpeg

Republic of Quebec

4EF76EC5-3D17-4ABA-A563-C634D42DBBEB.jpeg

Republic of Acadia

Status
Not open for further replies.