Flag Thread IV

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Red Arturoist, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Odinson The Thunderer

Oh, I understand now.
    Thanks!

ETGalaxy likes this.
  2. ArcBeetle Active Member

Hint: Reverse Japan 's flag colors. ;)

3. Odinson The Thunderer

... Crap, I'm an idiot.

4. MaldiveMapper I'm not really a mapper.....

The second one, please?

5. nik2016 Well-Known Member

Slavic Union or Slavia

slavia.png

6. S. Marlowski Writer of an upcoming fantasy series

7. TrucKola Raccoon Emperor of Gaulish Brennusia

Flag.png

A random autocratic nation in North America.

8. Ginger & Lime Well-Known Member

"The nation formerly known as Russian Cascadia."

9. TrucKola Raccoon Emperor of Gaulish Brennusia

It may as well be since the green is what I would call a "Cascadian green" since its a little colder than standard forest green.

Remitonov and Ginger & Lime like this.
  10. Ella Trans Rights!

germany.png

Flag of Germany in Soviet Victory!

Tamara, Filo, TrucKola and 13 others like this.
  11. MaldiveMapper I'm not really a mapper.....

Ehm... Communist Cascadia, perhaps?

TwiliAlchemist likes this.
  12. MaldiveMapper I'm not really a mapper.....

It's been a while, but I'm back, with more flags.
    German Empire.jpg

In this timeline, the 1848 revolutions had forced King Frederick William IV of Prussia to convince the other German states in the German Confederation to unite. Austrian Emperor Ferdinand I promptly refused, leading to a united Germany without Austria. This empire, however, is a constitutional monarchy, just as King Frederick had intended. Luxembourg was also in the union, as it benefited both Luxembourg and the rest of the Empire

German Republic.jpg

Even after the union, the monarchy was overthrown, and the German Republic was founded a year later.

Yugoslav Republic.jpg
    (Yugoslavia)

Zapadoslav Republic.jpg

(Zapadoslavia)

While Germany was in regime change, Kaiser Franz Josef of Austria had a -what was to him as- 'marvellous' plan. His plan was to first invade and annex Serbia, which he did. Then he would have driven all the Slavs in Austria to Serbia and then release it. But, as he died, Franz Ferdinand became Kaiser and released all the lands of what became Yugoslavia. Sort of like in our timeline, but without WW1.

Insert notorious dictator who moved all the Zapadoslavic peoples into what used to be the Kingdom of Hungary while moving ethnic Hungarians to Finland, and you have a Zapadoslavia within a different territory.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    Tomislav Addai, Swede, Ferd42 and 8 others like this.
  13. ToxicStorm22 Long Live Teklistan!

20191124_100915.jpg
    A flag for a ultranationalist Russian group. The flag is the imperial colors, inverted to indicate respect but also that it's a new regime, and the star is in the slavic colors to represent slavic unity

Filo, Tomislav Addai, Tamara and 4 others like this.
  14. NiGHTS Falling from hell

Flag of Fredon.png
    This is my remake of the Columbian Flag that I posted earlier. I decided t change the flags colors by making it have the Pan-African colors, instead of the OTL American colors. The reason I'm changing the colors is because it's to reflect new developments in my world. One of these developments is that the Union Jack never comes into existence, so it doesn't make sense for a flag to be derived from its colors just because it was a British colony. So, the red, white, and blue are out. Second off, is that Columbia, which I have renamed Fredon, wouldn't want to pay homage to the British at all, so it doesn't make sense for their flag to reflect or be based off of them in anyway. This is because Fredon, unlike Columbia, gains its independence not as a nation of slavers, descended from the British, but as a nation of freedmen who threw off the British entirely. This is also reflected in the name change, as why would a bunch of free black people name their nation from a European colonist? They loath colonialism and wouldn't want to pay homage to him at all. So instead of naming themselves after Columbus, the people name themselves after that which they cherish the most, freedom. I used the OTL Pan-African colors because their not something that would necessarily be different in an alternate universe. After all, their symbolism is pretty simple. Red for the blood shed in the name of freedom, Green for the ancestral homeland of Africa and its greenery, and Black for the people who were often denigrated for the color of their skin, only to turn it into a symbol of their pride.

15. TrucKola Raccoon Emperor of Gaulish Brennusia

Not exactly communist. Here's this graphic that I made from some cards and pie charts on NationStates:
    [​IMG]

The government organization is similar to the USSR's where power is delegated oligarchically, but also in a technocratic way. This follows with authority being delegated to lower councilships that administer provinces relatively independently. Leadership is appointed by the council in a similar fashion corporations do.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  16. Osk Eu set di la Oskaña

The Flag of the Governate of New York:

flagogny.png
    Similar to the OTL flag of NY with some key differences. The OTL flag of New York has an entirely blue field, and the blue is darker than the one used in TTL. Additionally, the blue field is split by an orange band in TTL, meant to represent the origins of the realm as a Dutch colony and pay homage to that history. The coat of arms is also much smaller on TTL's flag than in the OTL flag. So: Blue bands represent the Hudson Seaway and the Atlantic Ocean, highlighting the importance of water and the trade moved through that water on NY's history; the orange band is an homage to the Dutch who established what would become New York; the two stars represent New York's bright past behind us (left star), and it's bright future yet to come (right star). The current flag has been in effect since 1907. The Coat of Arms is the same as the OTL one adopted during the Revolutionary War.​
    The Flag of the County of Saybrook:

flagogny.png
    The Saybrook flag has three main influencers. Firstly, the flag draws clear influence from the flag of England, though it's cross sports thinner lines. The flag's other two influences are expressed in the seals that adorn the respective corners. In the flag's own upper left and lower right, you'll see the Seal of Saybrook (used in OTL as the seal of Old Saybrook, CT, and of Saybrook College), representing the capital and namesake of the realm and harkening to it's foundation. In the flag's own upper right and lower left is the coat of arms of the Cromwell family, the hereditary rulers of Saybrook since it's admission as a realm. The Cromwells were exiled to Saybrook and amassed something akin to a cult following in the then-colony. It should be noted that Saybrook County is not run the way the English Commonwealth of OTL was run -- while the Cromwell's became ingratiated in Saybrook society, any adherence to the actual political philosophy of Oliver is miniscule.​

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  17. Spiritual Sausage Well-Known Member

Flag of the People's Republic of Guinea and Cape Verde (República Popular da Guiné e Cabo Verde, Repúblika Popular pa Guinea i Kabu Verdi) by yours truly:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  18. Osk Eu set di la Oskaña

Same universe as the above two - this time the flag of East Florida:

flagogef.png

The flag incorporates the OTL seal of Saint Augustine, Florida, which is essentially a seal representing Castile-Leon. The OTL seal has a crown over it, which I edited (along with making a custom recreation of the seal) that to make it look more like towers and less like a crown. The flag incorporates the Cross of Burgundy, which flew over TTL's San Agustin when it was a Spanish colony. The blue band in the middle represents the Rio San Juan (St. John's River).

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  19. KolyenuKS not a farmer I think

Flag of the Niukonskan Federation. The 10 star circle represents the 10 provinces of the federation, while the 5 in the middle represents the 5 tribes of the Dhegian People and their unity even though they're separated (both figurately, separated as people, and literally, as the Osage stayed east of the Caddo River (otl Missisippi))

Attached Files:

20. Spiritual Sausage Well-Known Member

Flag of the Austrian Goldfluss Territory in West Africa (OTL Western Sahara)
    [​IMG]
    tried doing something with a palm tree and the Austrian flag and came up with this, not super duper proud but eh I don't think businessmen in the 1890s were vexillologists anyhow