Flag Thread IV

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Red Arturoist, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Transparent Blue TRANSPARENT! TRANSPARENT!

I'm not seeing it. As a New Zealander, I'm probably too accustomed to black and white to make that link. Also, I think the angular-ness of emblems is what makes them feel fascist and the silver fern is too curved to qualify. At worst, this looks like an All Blacks rebranding. Still, this is a site about alternate history so maybe the connotation of an alternate fascist New Zealand is what appealed to the users? :p

2. ganno97 Member

possible joint israeli-palestinian flag ??? controversial i know but two-state policy is a disaster.

israeli-palestinean single state.png

3. Magnificate Member

The blue lines are definitely too thin, they need to be more pronounced for the design to be recognizeable.

4. Napoleon53 Order of Monocled Sirs ಠ_ರೃ

Republican Union Space Force High Command
    [​IMG]

Flag of the Mittelafrikan Reich in "What Madness Is This?" Redux: The Union Forever. The Reich is a white-supremacist offshoot of Wolfgang Kapp's Germanian Republic. During the Germanian Civil War of 1914-1920, four factions battled each other to near-extinction as Kaiserin Erika's rule shattered, her brother-in-law, the Grand Duke, attempted to usurp the throne, and Illuminist revolutionaries attempted to spread their radical ideology. In Mittelafrika, pro-Royalist colonial governor Leopold von Egk was ousted in a coup led by Reinhardt von Bachenheim, a fervent supporter of Kapp. Kapp then ordered von Bachenheim to govern Mittelafrika as a sovereign nation, leading to von Bachenheim proclaiming himself Fuhrer. The new dictator despised the native Africans and utilized some of the worst war criminals of the Great World War (1911-1916) to hold them down and force them to work on nationalized oil fields, rubber plantations, and mines.

5. BlackentheBorg Just like Dylan's Mr. Jones

Crossposting in case you guys like this also

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  6. Me! Hi, I'm Me!

born, raised and reside in the state of Michigen
    i am confused why Utah and Colorado are grouped as Midwestern, that term is mainly for the Great Lakes region

7. BlackentheBorg Just like Dylan's Mr. Jones

Updating that now. Brainfart.

Me! likes this.
  8. Marc Pasquin 43 % pure, 57 % recycled sins

I've been in Australia going on 20 years and I'm with you on that. Black and white when related to NZ don't invoke in me fascism but more "international sporting event".

I think that's something that flag designers need to bear in mind when creating ATL flags: the perception of colours and colour combination can be quite different from one country to the next.

9. ToxicStorm22 Long Live Teklistan!

My favorite creation: The Republic of Teklistan
    Flag of Teklistan.png
    The Republic of Teklistan is a landlocked country which resides in OTL Orenburg Oblast. The majority ethnicity is the Tekls, a group which split from the Kazakhs. It has been ruled by President Nukov since gaining independence in 1991. It maintains good relations with both Kazakhstan and Russia. Tekls, Kazakhs, and Russians are treated fairly while other groups are mistreated by the government.
    The flag is green to represent the agricultural aspects of the country, while the blue bar represents the Ural River.
    fakeflag-alt2-zn1-zn2-zn3-zn5.png
    The flag of the Teklistan SSR

10. Midnight-Blue766 The filidh that cam frae Skye

*Fully Enchanted Luxury Gay Astral Plane Communism intensifies*

Danthefan28 and BlackentheBorg like this.
  11. Danthefan28 Well-Known Member

1920px-Dream_British_Flag.svg copy.png
    1920px-Dream_British_Flag_2.svg .png
    These two flags (Or something similar, I think the 2nd one was actually a circle pattern) appeared in the background of a dream I had.
    They were in this painting of a British royal event.

12. Etruscan-enthusiast35 Human until proven guilty

Hobbiton, The Shire, Eriador, Middle-Earth
    I was bored, and decided to make some Antarctica flags.
    antarctica2.png
    antarctica1.png
    antarctica3.png
    antarctica4.png
    The choice of orange and bright blue was done with the idea of the flag being more easily visible in the snow.
    The Antarctica map is self explanatory, and the recurring sevens is in reference to the seven nations who all currently lay claim to territory in Antarctica.

13. Napoleon53 Order of Monocled Sirs ಠ_ರೃ

Republican Union Space Force High Command
    [​IMG]

Behold the personal banner of His Excellency, President of the Republican Union, Atheling of the Manifest Destiny Party, and Defender of the American Fundamentalist Faith, Joseph Steele. The general scheme of the flag is taken from the Revolutionary New England Militias. "Liberty and Union" is Steele's personal motto, but it was taken in turn from Father Abraham's Second Sons of Liberty, which was taken in turn from the First Sons of Liberty in 1774. The Anvil represents the cold hard steel (GET IT?) from which Steele forged his own path through self-determination and personal fortitude. The Gray Eagle represents the Custer-Steele family, and it faces the emblem of the AFC Church.

m5mjEaXl.jpg

The flag can be seen hanging to the left of Steele in this snapshot showcasing the beloved titan of freedom signing one of his many necessary and very fair laws that everyone loved, and the pandas rejoiced in the mountains and the creatures of the forest sang hymns of triumph as the waterfall roared his blessed name.

14. Danthefan28 Well-Known Member

Napoleon53 likes this.
  15. Odinson Amateur stand-up comedian

Screenshot_20190619-103437.jpg this is a screenshot of the flag for a Republic of Canada I made a while back (I lost the original, hence the screenshot...).

PopulistBean and Danthefan28 like this.
  16. Confederate Liberal Well-Known Member

Hi all figured I'd post the flags of my Timeline God Save these American States here, so here we go. read the Story Here

Flags of North America 1783-1815

[​IMG]
    Federal Republic of America (FRA)

[​IMG]
    Flag of the United States of New England (USNE)

[​IMG]
    Original Flag of the Commonwealth of American States (CAS)

[​IMG]
    CAS Naval Jack

[​IMG]
    Republic of Louisiana

[​IMG]
    Flag of the Kingdom of Cuba and Hispaniola

[​IMG]
    Flag of the Empire of Mexico

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  17. Confederate Liberal Well-Known Member

Flags of Europe 1783-1805
    [​IMG]
    Flag of the Kingdom of France post 1787

[​IMG]
    Flag of the Restored Kingdom of Sicily 1791

[​IMG]
    Flag of the 2nd Byzantine Empire 1791

[​IMG]
    Flag of the Principality of Bulgaria 1791

[​IMG]
    Flag of the Prussian Empire 1793

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Flag of the Union of Iberian Christian Republics 1797 Flag of the Holy Church of the Works of Christ.

18. Fred Guo Texan Pride

The worldbuilding (including flags) of the anime Youjo Senki is pretty interesting, seeing as how it is an AH spin on World War I.

The Empire (OTL Germany):
    [​IMG]

Francois Republic:
    upload_2019-6-20_14-22-32.png

The Commonwealth:
    [​IMG]

Legadonia (a Scandinavian-based alliance):
    upload_2019-6-20_14-24-20.png

The Russy Federation:
    [​IMG]

19. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

Please note that there is a three image PER DAY posting limit.

Thanks.

20. Confederate Liberal Well-Known Member

I didn't know first time using this thread I apologize