Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 427502
A second attempt to design Italy as a Japanese protectorate.
Still not happy.
Most Protectorates have the Protectors flag in the top left (to show who's in true control), while the Protectorate's "normal flag" fills the rest of it, so maybe that helps? Just look at the British inspired flags f the Colonies or Dominions, or the Japanese Protectorate of Korea:
640px-Flag_of_the_Japanese_Resident_General_of_Korea_%281905-1910%29.svg.png

Taured.png

Principality of Taured.
A man, in 1954, appeared in Tokyo claiming to come from an European country called Taured.
When the Tokyo airport officers claimed that Taured didn't exist, he showed them a passport from that country.
The passport showed visas from previous travels in Japan, and he claimed to have a reservation in a hotel in Tokyo, but the hotel denied to have such reservation.
He have also some travel-cheques, but the bank emitting them was inexistent.
To add mystery to mystery, the next day he banished from the hotel room where he was closed wating for furthern investigation.

The traveller come from from another timeline, one where the Albigenses were more successeful.
Altrought, in the end, France was able to recover much of the southern part of the country, but the zones around Pyrenees and Catalonia joined in an allience called Taured.
Taured is a principality, ruled by the house of Urgell, but nowdays is a parlamentary monarchy with strong economics ties with Japan and other asian countries and a defiant neutality.
In religious matters, the Albigenses joined the reformation but never instituited discrimination for catholics-
In 18th century the parliament repealed the laws forbbiding the prince to adhere to catholicism.

*i'll use Taured also for my setting Earth Arcana-

Moar Overheaven, incoming.

Luna Flags Gallery1.png

This here is the flag of Luna. Yes, all eight of these are the “Flag of Luna”, though only the “Full Moon” variant is the official flag of Earth’s moon, and is the only version used by the government of the Selenite Republic.

The flag’s symbolism is simple. A white moon hanging in black space over a blue Earth. Some do regard the flag as too “Earth-centric” to truly represent Luna, since its symbolism implicitly defines Luna by its relationship with Earth. However, for most Selenites, the fact that this design (or at least the Full Moon variant) has been in use on Luna since the mid-1990’s, makes it fixture of Luna’s history and culture, and most regard changing the flag as gauche and disrespectful to the generations of Selenites who made great sacrifices to build a modern Lunar civilization.

While the different “phases” of the Lunar flag are often simply flown as a matter of personal taste (indeed, people often debate which one is best), on the dark side, the “New Moon” variant is especially popular. There are also animated Lunar flags made with smart-fibers, which change shape over time to reflect the cycles of the moon as observed on Earth. Since there's no wind on Luna (except for certain habitats which are able to simulate air currents), animated flags are seen as a means of compensating for not seeing the Lunar flag waving gloriously in the breeze.

Most don't move quite as quickly as this example, but it gives you an idea of what an animated Lunar flag is like.
LunaFlagGIF.gif

Wow, it's been a loooooonnnggg time since I last posted in this thread, huh? Don't expect much of a Christmas miracle here, though, as all the flags I have for tonight are all revamps of some old Austria-Hungary-themed flags:

nTMyMEY.png

First off, the flag for Deutschsozialen Austria, or otherwise known as the flag for the Austrofascist Fatherland Front, the party that ruled Austria during the interwar period up until the Anschluss with Nazi Germany. The only real change from my older design is that I simplified the number of overlays for the cross down to just a single one, a custom-overlay from the Cross Overlay Pack for Flag Maker. As for why I'm starting with this...

WnIjzjY.png

Is because it's the prelude to my redesign of my Fascist Austro-Hungarian Empire flag. This redesign is now much closer in concept to the in-game flag used in HoI4 for Fascist Austria-Hungary (which has an eagle emblazoned on it).

The big-ticket items for tonight, however, are the Communist counterparts:

xdCernk.png

9kmcLCv.png

These here are the revamps for my old designs for the "Danubian People's Federation of Austria-Hungary", my silly alt-history scenario for a Monarcho-Communist Austria-Hungary with a figurehead Otto von Hapsburg after the end of WWII. Yes, it's just as ridiculous as it sounds, but so was the Kingdom of Hungary during the interwar period: a so-called Kingdom without a king, a landlocked country led by an Admiral, and was allied with Romania despite having territorial claims on them. I just wanted to create something just as ridiculous. :p

Well, that's it for now. Merry Christmas to you all! Enjoy whatever loot you get from the Fat Man himself!

View attachment 426856
A flag i designed for @SaveAtlacamani's timeline.
I haven't found a decent hammer and crescent symbol, so i go with Pcusa one tilted to simulate a crescent

Great flag.

You could also use the bit of the sickle and flip it and make an actual crescent, like so:

crescent and sickle flag.png

But given it's supposed to be a communist state and clearly from a Muslim country, while the crescent and star symbolism might be alluded to I think they would move away from the overt crescent and probably use something like your design but with the half cog-wheel forming the crescent entirely instead of half and half....

Alternately, the lower half of the crescent could be made from part of a wreath of stylized wheat, which would do a good job of representing industry (cogwheel and hammer) and agriculture (wheat). O the entire crescent could be made from a half wreath of wheat.

holygreece.png

Holy Greece for @SaveAtlacamani TL.
I chose the same pattern of OTL Greece, but with only 3 llines for color(white and Blue) to simbolize the Holy Trinity, and in the upper quarter there is a golden greek cross that stay for Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.