Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've just been messing around with Vector graphics and I whipped up a couple of flags that I thought looked pretty interesting. I wanted to go for a fairly minimalist simple design.

Rome:
Flags.png
India:
Flags (1).png
Iroquios:

Flags (2).png
Persia:
Flags (3).png
Russia:
Flags (7).png
Oceania (Aboriginal):
Flags (6).png
Japan:
Flags (5).png
Lakota:
Flags (4).png

The Iroquois and Lakota are just minor edits of their actual flags.

I just wanted to fill up some empty space and thought it looked nice.
Fair enough.

I just used a previous version of the UK flag I made in order to make this one; the altered saltires are partly because I reformatted the UK flag to fit a 2:3 ratio and the saltires wouldn't look good otherwise, and partly because I just don't like the asymmetry the IRL UK flag's saltires.
The problem being that the redwhite saltire is that way for specific reasons so it won't change on a whim.

Re fascism: as you say there isn't really a signature because it's a nationalist ideology so is usually a flag with the national symbols ramped up. Don't worry too much about colours being too bright, it's the contrast that's important.

stars_and_stripes_forever_by_spiritswriter123-dcm9kgz.png

What if America continued to use the pattern of 1 state = 1 star and stripe as originally intended instead of 1 state = 1 star and 13 stripes for 13 original colonies.

What if this America also had 200 states?

Aw yeah, I'm talking about a flag with 200 stars and 200 stripes. Star and Stripes Forever, baby. Stan, cue the Libertage!
cropped-cropped-libertage.jpg

ST15RM

Banned

What if America continued to use the pattern of 1 state = 1 star and stripe as originally intended instead of 1 state = 1 star and 13 stripes for 13 original colonies.

Aw yeah, I'm talking about a flag with 200 stars and 200 stripes. Star and Stripes Forever, baby. Stan, cue the Libertage!
162ed712714a75ae6cbd087c2391a6db65146a69_00.jpg

You made the flag a barcode.

Just make the field pink, no one would tell the difference from afar.

cropped-cropped-libertage.jpg

IMG_0718.GIF

Bulldoggus

Banned

I, for one, eagerly await the endless scandals around states and municipalities hiring corrupt flag makers who fuck up the stripe count.

Satuqid_Flag_Imperial_Standard.png

NOTE: I added some backstory to the flag itself for an AH series I'm writing. I thought it's a good idea to flesh out this kind of stuff since there's a lot of design decisions I have to go through.
If you're interested, here's an alt-link DeviantArt for convenience sake.

-- Background:

After consolidating the entire Chinese Proper, Albiz Khan, the Shah of the Satuqids, immediately declared an edict of cultural integration. This, in turn, leads China into one of its most prosperous era of cultural development – the grand synthesis between the Perso-Turkic forces with the local perspective of the Han people. And the flag is one of its first byproduct, a symbol of both cultural harmony and triumphant glory of their conquest.

It was sewn by a humble commoner; an elderly folk from the alleys of Beiping. He presented it to his majesty during the parade within the city; marches of his elephants was an awestruck moment for the people who witnessed it, and Albiz Khan was leading the flock. The old man accidentally stands in his way, and his guards were quick to react. Before they could deliver the deadly blow, Albiz intervened; ordered his guards to stand down. He descended from his elephant companion, Fahil, and tended for his wellbeing, eventually asking what he bears in his arms. He presented him his gift, a flag gilded with knotted gold and the exquisite colors of dyes. Albiz was astounded, an old man from the lowest of status has sewn one of the most elaborate banners than any artisan in his circle could. As he offered him to ride on Fahil as a sign of gratitude, they continued on with his parade; carrying the flag that will eventually become his royal standard.

-- Vexillology:

The stripes and the golden knots on the sides bear no symbolic meaning, but rather as a means of mere aesthetics to be hoisted. The rest, however, has. The sun symbolizes the full glory of the dynasty and the sigil, Xiàng (elephant), symbolizes the tremendous herd of war elephants introduced by the Satuqids, which is why they sometimes referred to as the Elephant Dynasty. The red symbolized the blood of their people, and the green symbolizes the vast lands that they command. And lastly, The white sphere symbolizes the prosperity and harmony that comes under their rule.

Related Works: [Satuqid Dynasty] - [Greater China] - [Tianqi Wokou Crisis]

So I went on a bit of a flag-doodling jag for this alt-Star Trek universe I've been mucking about with for the last little while, and I thought I might share the bounty with y'all. Sources here include Trek canon, some old deuterocanonical stuff like the Franz Joseph designs and a few things pulled in from elsewhere because why not.

xpdg49f.jpg

(note: I just noticed the typo in the textbox at the the bottom, but I've been poking at this thing long enough so I'm not fixing it. So there. :p )

So I went on a bit of a flag-doodling jag for this alt-Star Trek universe I've been mucking about with for the last little while, and I thought I might share the bounty with y'all. Sources here include Trek canon, some old deuterocanonical stuff like the Franz Joseph designs and a few things pulled in from elsewhere because why not.

xpdg49f.jpg

(note: I just noticed the typo in the textbox at the the bottom, but I've been poking at this thing long enough so I'm not fixing it. So there. :p )

Ohh, nice SMAC reference!

Is the Solar Organization flag yours? It looks excellent!

Ohh, nice SMAC reference!

Is the Solar Organization flag yours? It looks excellent!
Why, thank you. The flag design is mine, though to be honest it's such a basic concept that I can't imagine that it hasn't been thought of before.

And hey, look at that: the doodle jag went on for longer. Have quite a few more flags (and references) to go with those:

OAGsu88.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.