Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorozhand

Banned
Here's one intended for an Egypt-Syria union with an emblem featuring the Eagle of Saladin and the yellow used by the Ayyubids.

arab egypt syria2.png

Got two variants of a redesigned Malta flag. Instead of the current flag, which is simply a red and white field with the George Cross in the upper hoist corner, this variant makes use of the Maltese Cross, a common icon of Malta. The second variant is the same as the first but the Maltese cross is defaced by the George Cross.
altmalt.png

altmalt2.png

:)So im making a hoi4 mod and this is a not-so-creative idea i had for a canadian republican flag, but to be honest i am quite fond of it. Criticism is welcome, tell me what you think of it and if you think of ways it can be better
35930067-AD7A-4D09-81B3-3CC80F702990.jpeg

:)So im making a hoi4 mod and this is a not-so-creative idea i had for a canadian republican flag, but to be honest i am quite fond of it. Criticism is welcome, tell me what you think of it and if you think of ways it can be better View attachment 403863
I actually really like this flag. My only suggestion would be to possibly simplify the coat of arms in the middle put that's just nitpicking.

Also, what's the synopsis of the HoIIV mod you're working on? How does Canada become a republic?

I actually really like this flag. My only suggestion would be to possibly simplify the coat of arms in the middle put that's just nitpicking.

Also, what's the synopsis of the HoIIV mod you're working on? How does Canada become a republic?
It involves TR getting the republican nomination in 1912 (so original) and entering wwI in 1916. Allies still win, Easier terms on germany in the east, so no nazis gain major traction, Kamenev is in charge of ussr, military coup in japan succeeds, hungary peaces out earlier, Karl is king and romania is led by codreanu, also croatia region is independent so serbia is really angry feeling betrayed, and canada can become a republic if the liberals make a coalition with the labour and communist parties (ironically because their goal in making a republic is to quiet down the communists) all in all my mod is pretty asb unrealistic

yamato.png

Saw some neat photos of this but no actual renditions online, back in WW2 during the Indonesian National Revolution a group of Indonesian nationalist youths climbed the roof of the Hotel Yamato in Surabaya (now the Hotel Majapahit) and tore the blue stripe from the Dutch flag, making a crude rendition of the Indonesian one in the weeks before the decisive Battle of Surabaya.

All flags from my project without a formal write-up yet, the Bravura timeline:

flag_of_louisiana___bravura_usa_by_lnucleus-dcl1dz2.png

(Note the central artwork is not mine and is only modified from publicly available sources. The pelican's blood drops were modified.)

Louisiana's flag is a blue field defaced with a pelican feeding her young, encircled with the words 'Union', 'Justice', and 'Confidence'. Louisiana's classic "pelican in piety" is actually feeding her chicks blood from her own breast, apparently according to the mythos unable to otherwise source their food.

flag_of_jacinto___bravura_usa_by_lnucleus-dcl1d0v.png

When the nascent Republic of Texas was admitted into the United States, Texian and Congressional negotiators significantly cut down its size and subsequently split it in two. The eastern portion had to find a new name and flag and so became the State of Jacinto, named for the decisive victory at the battle of San Jacinto.

The flag retains the symbolism of the lone star, as in the Texas flag, but is more directly reminiscent of the classic Bonnie Blue flag with a single gold star on a deep blue field. No less the egoists as their former Texas selves, the early Jacinto legislature took special care to make their lone star a little bigger than that of their neighboring state.

flag_of_mississippi___bravura_usa_by_lnucleus-dcl1fvo.png

The flag of Mississippi harks back to the first European explorers of the river and suggests the French tricolore, but with an expanisve red field encompassing two-thirds of the fly. The central white band is bendy (yes, that is the technical term), symbolizing the great river itself. Five white stars in the red represent the state's history with the French, Spanish, British, Confederates, and Americans.

flag_of_sequoia___bravura_usa_by_lnucleus-dcl1gj1.png

Sequoia, the 46th state. Count 'em up if you like, but in this state, they'd SOONER tell you outright. And so here's the flag.

A blue field defaced with a white star surrounded by forty-five others in the shape of a circle, the central star is fibriated in red and itself defaced, in red, with the numeral "46".

flag_of_missouri___bravura_usa_by_lnucleus-dcl1en4.png

The flag of Missouri borrows from the official state heraldic elements - the canton depicts a gold crescent on a blue field, the lower hoist is a gold bear on red (in the state Coat of Arms, the bear is brown), and the fly is plain white (here again, the flag differs from the CoA, which here includes the entire Seal of the United States - a little much for a flag). Everything is fimbriated in gold despite breaking heraldic rules because Americans don't care about heraldic rules.

The square shape of the flag is shared with only one other US state: Alabama.

((The bear is borrowed from publicly available sources and is Russian in origin. I also think it is technically supposed to be a polar bear.))

Made a flag for a long- term Dutch government- in- exile as a result of a French victory in the Napoleonic Wars. Here it is...
deutssscchh.png

The colors on the right part of the flag is meant to emulate the flag of the now defunct Dutch republic. The black field represents the struggle of the homeland, the muskets being the willingness to retake the mainland through force if necessary. The text reads “for liberation and justice”

Also just trying something different
Nothing wrong with that it just doesn't fit in with:

I was trying to get Wales in there and take it in a slightly different direction.
The changes you've made don't fit how the union flag evolved. You not only debased the English part you've debased the Scottish too.
The 1801 change of adding in a red saltire for Ireland counterchanged with the Scottish white saltire was a consistent change. So perhaps emulate that?
Alternatively I'd just recommend changing the 3rd and 4th blue quarters to green since red white green are Welsh colours (the welsh flag is a red dragon over white and green).
Otherwise better off completely changing the flag to something symbolic of the whole empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.