Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, continuing on with my series. (I have them all made already, but I deliberately wait for other people to post, just so I don't monopolize a whole page or two.)
Flag 13 - 1867 - Repatriation era (55 stars):
U.S. Flag 13 (1867 - Repatriation-era 55 stars).png

Flag 14 - 1868 - Repatriation era (60 stars - boring rectangle #3):
U.S. Flag 14 (1868 - Repatriation-era 60 stars).png

Flag 15 - 1869 - Repatriation ends (63 stars):
U.S. Flag 15 (1869 - Repatriation-era 63 stars).png

Order of the Cathar
OrderOfTheCathar.png

Catharism was a Christian dualist movement that thrived in Southern Europe during the 12th and 14th centuries. They believed there was a good God of immaterial things (such as light and souls) and a bad God of material things including the world and everything in it. They believed that the Catholics were following the bad God (Satan). Because of their beliefs they were persecuted and massacred in the Albigensian Crusade by the Catholic Church.

In this alternate history a secret society of Cathars is formed to preserve their beliefs and undermine the Catholic Church. Their goal is to do away with high ranking members in the church by any means necessary. Their aim is to replace them with secret practicing Cathars. They hope to infiltrate the church so that they can eventually dismantle it.

Their banner is blood red to represent the blood that must be shed to preserve the Cathar beliefs. In the center is a Cathar cross surrounded by a sun. The sun represents the divine and the order's desire to follow God's will.

State of The Almighty Druids
hTN8fRI.png

The STAD, while not internationally recognized as an actual state, is a secretive and mysterious organization thought to have several secret bases scattered all around parts of Western Europe and parts of Northern and Southern Europe, though much of this is speculation.

Almost nothing is known about who their leader is or even if they have a leader, STAD seems to be very decentralized with no single supporting figure, though, so maybe they have several. STAD's ideals are not that obvious, but they draw heavily from druidist teachings, abeit in a militarized manner, and seem to be targeting several religious figures and organizations across Europe.

No one knows what their intentions are for sure, but some suggest that they fashion themselves as the bringer of a new golden age and they have a strong disdain, almost a hatred, of other religious cults and states. They seem to be hellbent on wiping out Christianity and other organized religions from the continent, seeing them as corrupt and powermongering. Despite being so little known, their military is even larger than most European Nation's armies, which strongly suggests that they are doing everything they can to hide something from the rest of the world. An extremely dangerous super weapon? Knowledge of highly advanced technology? Maybe the key to life itself? No matter who you ask, no one knows for sure...

One of my first attempts at a fascist looking flag in a while, I'm quite pleased with how it turned out! You can definitely get a mysterious and dangerous feel from it, it really does say "We're the bad guys" IMO.

Apart from the obvious nods to various fascist flags around, the main symbols used are the Awen and Spiral, which are 2 seperate symbols associated with druidism and Celtic religion/culture. There's also a large white ring surrounding them, which could also be interpreted as the circle used in the Celtic cross, which represents the pagan part of Celtic religion. The green colour is also associated with various parts of Druidism/Celtic culture as well, often representing nature.

Last edited:
I'm doing flags for some ancient civilisations on the Mediterranean. Here's Egypt and Sparta. Only starting so any advice much appreciated.

egypt pharoah flag.png

sparta.png

I'm doing flags for some ancient civilisations on the Mediterranean. Here's Egypt and Sparta. Only starting so any advice much appreciated.
I am no expert regarding ancient symbolism but I am under the impression that Sparta is usually represented with a simple Λ (Lambda).

What you are using is the symbol of the xenophobic far-right Identitarian Movement.

I am no expert regarding ancient symbolism but I am under the impression that Sparta is usually represented with a simple Λ (Lambda).

What you are using is the symbol of the xenophobic far-right Identitarian Movement.

Oh ok, I thought it was just a variation of the symbol. My bad, I'l have to edit then. Thanks.

that's rather appropriate for what amounts to the world's first fascist state

Recently i saw some images of the Cunard Liner QueenMary2's refurbishment. Gorgeous staterooms and public spaces! Its quite obvious they have gone for an Art Deco feel and they have defo pulled it off! ANYWAY! i noticed the Cunard line's flag is... GENERIC US STATE STYLE :tiredface:
tumblr_o52373FbAr1uqcgmgo1_1280.jpg

I mean.. its not toooooo bad. Its obviously British for a start. But i think they could do better... So i came up with 2 ideas. One of them created a third one though XD

First up:
Cunard%201_zpsdv566dji.png

Its basically the current flag with 3 black stripes added in behind the logo. I'm not sure the Logo works well though going between the 2 colours. The red background with 3 black bands is how Cunard has painted their ships Funnels, seen here on a painting of the original "Mauritania"
Mauretania-001_b.jpg

Then there is this:
Cunard%202_zpswlsaydsf.png

The scheme is Kinda obvious (to me atleast XD) Its the paintscheme for the Hull of the ocean liners. Red Under the water, Black Hulls and white superstructure :)
My brother pointed out the kinda odd spacing of the colours on the flag so i made a second version with a Spanish style tri-colour.

Cunard%203_zpsvntixe6k.png

This one is my favorite! I think it looks almost... elegant? Just like the Queen herself!
1790123.jpg

I like the first and third the best; although if you're going for mimicking the funnel paint scheme, I think the black stripes could be a bit thinner.

I like the first and third the best; although if you're going for mimicking the funnel paint scheme, I think the black stripes could be a bit thinner.
Like this maybe?
Cunard%201B_zps3qaoeh6x.png

I also changed the red to the same as the other two and made the logo bigger. I think it helps the logo "integrate" between the colours a little more.

Isaac Beach

Banned
So I was playing with some junior flag makers (Because, y'know, I'm six apparently) and decided to make a flag for a conservative, though democratic Kingdom of Afghanistan from the little Vox Populi world I'm putting together. And I came to these four and can't decide which I like the most. Ahem, *Put's on fashionista sunglasses*.

Flag #1. Conservative, sleek, begetting the vogue of Pakistan with the 1:2 ratio of it's black-green colour palette. This flag will compliment all your favourite Pashtun warlords and tribal leaders!
Kingdom of Afghanistan flag 1.png

Flag #2. A bit on the wild side, this innovative design centralises the Takbir just as Allah would want it yet does away with the old by introducing an orange streak popular among the Autonomist elite!
Kingdom of Afghanistan flag 2.png

Flag #3. Who says fitting in had to be dull? With this stylish halfway house approach flag number 3 strikes the perfect balance between conservatism and liberty; and what's sexier than conservative liberty?
Kingdom of Afghanistan flag 3.png

Flag #4. A radical design by upcoming Islamists, this Shahada-bearing flag will ignite the revolutionary fury in all of us and make your Kingdom look ready for action whilst maintaining that oriental appeal.
Kingdom of Afghanistan flag 4.png

So what d'ya think?

Status
Not open for further replies.