Flag Thread IV

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by SaveAtlacamani, Apr 1, 2014.

1. BippyTheGuy Well-Known Member

Republic of Alabama.png
    Flag of the Republic of Alabama following the collapse of the Confederate States in the 1890's.

2. Xanthoc Destroyer of Canada

Cross-posting my WFC entry

3. Me! "HJ" -Aron McNoob

born, raised and reside in the state of Michigen
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  4. The Professor Pontif of the Guild

Oooh nice.

5. Laqueesha The Right Honourable and Quasi-Learned Laq'

Placentashire, Placentaland, Placenta Kingdom
    Anchorage, AK? Looks nice.

6. SirPaperweight Harriet Truman freed slaves by nuking plantations

Iran.png
    Soviet Bloc Iran? Soviet Bloc Iran.

7. The Professor Pontif of the Guild

Arrgh! Map on Flags! *clickshame*

8. Spitfire_16 Celtic Monarch

[​IMG]
    The United Kingdom of the Britons
    This is an idea for a united Kingdom that encompasses the entire island of Great Britain and its outlying islands.
    The Black and yellow is from the flag of St.David, the patron saint of Wales and of the Britons.
    The White outline separating the yellow and black is from St.Piran's flag of Kernow (Cornwall).
    The White Saltire is from St.Andrews flag and represents the Highlanders descended from the Picts.

So basically... a Celtic Britain! :p

The Kingdom of Gwynedd and Kernow, along with Cumbria and the other remaining celtic kingdoms that formed after the roman demise, manage to push back the anglo saxon invaders and eventually, in the 7th century , form a Kingdom that encompasses what we know as England and Wales, aswell as the lowlands of Scotland and Cornwall.
    The descendants of the Pict's formed the Kingdom of Alba in the Scottish highlands and after some sort of Royal union (similar to James 6th/1st coming to England after Elizabeth 1st's death) the Kingdoms where united.

Still working on an Capital .-.

9. Laqueesha The Right Honourable and Quasi-Learned Laq'

Placentashire, Placentaland, Placenta Kingdom
    Very nice, though it kinda reminds me of Hungary a bit.

10. AK47Productions *shrugs*

Is anyone familiar with The Race from Harry Turtledove's Worldwar series? I've been trying to think of what their flag would look like but I can't recall one being mentioned at all in the series and I am just drawing blanks in terms of thinking of my own design.

Also has a Syndicalist Japanese flag been done before? I'm also unsure as to what one would look like as well.

11. Mitro I am Mitro Donor

In Homeward Bound its mentioned that the Emperor's throne room contains the flags of defeated nations. Perhaps somewhere in that book they mention the flag of the Race. Sadly I am at work and do not have my copy on me.

12. Tyche Where is Alioth?

[​IMG]

Flag of the Eastern Shore Territory
    POD is vague, in the early reconstruction period of United States history for certain. Radical Republicans manage to confiscate the Eastern Shore from Virignia, as punishment for secession and so that D.C. could have direct access to the ocean, as well as more land.

This was my first attempt editing a flag in inkscape, though it was almost totally in the seal of the flag. I tried to get the text to curve the way I'd like it to, but I couldn't manage to today, that's why the text is so rigid. Thoughts?

13. PachPachis Pikachu talks now

Very interesting. Any other territorial confiscations by the Radical Reps?

14. Tyche Where is Alioth?

Nothing set in stone for this TL, but my favorite ideas are: a Seminole/southern Florida, a long West Florida that circumcises MS and AL, and Texas cleaved in two. Additionally, Federal Monitors in Southron governments well into the 20th century.

15. InfernoMole Putin/Medvedev 2020!

That flag is... perfectly fitting. It's poorly designed and looks like it has been made with MS Paint, so... yeah, definitely Liberia. Good job.

Gladsome and Remitonov like this.
  16. Kaiser Chris Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico

[​IMG]

Battle flag of the Confederate States of America, "The Freedom Cross", adopted in September of 1861. The Freedom Cross was adopted by Confederate Forces five months after the war's beginning due to the need to have a flag that can be distinguishable from the Stars and Stripes due to frequent mistaking of units on both sides with the Confederate Stars and Bars. The design is that of a Nordic cross with the colors being a mirror image of the modern Icelandic flag in order to contrast to the dominant Red and White of the Stars and Stripes. Special attention must be placed to the 13 stars of the flag with the last three on the top symbolizing Kansas, Missouri, and Kentucky; which the Confederacy claimed throughout the entire war. The flag was created by Jacob Featherston Sr., a Virginia native who joined the North Carolina 7th.

From "Lone Star Republic"

Das Amerikan likes this.
  17. Undeadmuffin Muffin want to liiiive !

I have ''cleaned'' the flag without touching to the stars upload_2017-3-19_22-34-45.png

18. Tyche Where is Alioth?

[​IMG]
    Flag of the Accomac Statehood Alliance
    The Accomac Statehood Alliance (originally the Eastern Shore Statehood Party) is an organization based in Ft. Lincoln, DC., dedicated to the Eastern Shore's accession to the Union. Founded initially as the Eastern Shore Statehood Party in 1888, it advocates for the rights of Accomacans (residents of Eastern Shore). The Flag of the ASA is seen widely throughout the peninsula, and is expected to be the flag adopted by the new state government that is expected to form after the long-awaited referendum for statehood in November 2017.

19. Me! "HJ" -Aron McNoob

born, raised and reside in the state of Michigen
    ok, just so i know...the eastern shore territory is the part of Virginia that isn't attached in south east Maryland?

20. Falkanner Armchair Cartographer

Technically crossposting from the Map Thread, here is the flag of the Fenno-Hungarian Empire:

Fenno-Hungarian Flag v2.png

The left side of the flag symbolizes Finland, and contains the emblem of Yaroslav the Wise (prince of Novgorod, which was taken over by Finns). The red and white stripes on the right symbolize Hungary.