Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the series so far, but why did you get rid of the Commonwealth Star? Each of its points represent the Australian provinces and one point for the Australian territories, so I honestly think it was a bad idea to remove it. But hey, it is your flag.

Good question.
By the way, it looks like the stars are misaligned. Beta Cru (left) should be lower than Delta Cru (right), not higher.

Loving the series so far, but why did you get rid of the Commonwealth Star? Each of its points represent the Australian provinces and one point for the Australian territories, so I honestly think it was a bad idea to remove it. But hey, it is your flag.
thank you so much for the support, i havent got alot so far, and i should of kept the commonwealth star now that i think of it, maybe i will do a re-design

Good question.
By the way, it looks like the stars are misaligned. Beta Cru (left) should be lower than Delta Cru (right), not higher.
here is the re-design of the Australian flag:
upload_2016-9-21_21-14-30.png

fixed the stars (both position and points) and it looks, admittedly better, thanks for the suggestions and, hope ya like!

eh what the heck, ill post the next 3 before i got to bed, so here is Azerbaijan, the Bahamas and Bangladesh.
Azerbaijan:
upload_2016-9-21_21-43-39.png

Colors:
blue: 0-159-200 red: 227-0-60 green: 0-180-110
Symbolism: the blue represents the Turkic heritage, the red represents progress and social democracy and the green represents Islam. the crescent represents Islam as well and also maybe the Turkic heritage, and the 8 pointed star represents the 8 letters for "Azerbaijan" in Arabic.
Changes: i simply just put the crescent and star extremely of centered because it just looks more esteticly pleasing to me personally.
The Bahamas:
upload_2016-9-21_21-55-9.png

Colors:
blue: 0-162-232 yellow: 255-242-0
Symbolism: the yellow represents the golden sand on the beaches and the natural resources, the blue represents the Caribbean sea and the black represents the strength, vigor, force and the African heritage of the people.
Changes: i removed the top part of the triangle to depict like a spotlight or a beam of light which represents the sun and foreword direction of the people and nation.
Bangladesh:
upload_2016-9-26_11-41-8.png

Colors:
red: 213-0-0 green: 0-128-0 yellow: 255-242-0
Symbolism: the green represents the land that is fertile and green as well as Islam, the red circle represents the sun and the yellow stripe stands for the wealth of the nation and the national anthem: "Golden Bangladesh"
Changes: i added the yellow strip, basically to balance out the green of the flag...thats it...i tried ok!

ok that wraps up this fine addition of "New World Flags" and next will be Barbados, Belarus and Belize. and with that i'm going to bed, its 10:09 PM where i am and as always, hope ya like!

Last edited:

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
Bangladesh:
View attachment 288205
Colors:
red: 213-0-0 green: 0-128-0
Symbolism: the green represents the land that is fertile and green, and the red circle represents the sun and the red strip represent *sigh* "the blood of those who fought for their freedom" and i personally like to call it "The Blood Stained Banner of Bangladesh"
Changes: i added the red strip, basically to balance out the green of the flag...thats it...i tried ok!
The red stripe is kinda redundant when the disk already serves the purpose of being the sun and the blood of Bangladesh Patriots.

Those are also some vibrant colours you went for.

It looks way better, especially since you replaced all the stars with commonwealth stars.

Also, you better do good on the next batch! I was born in Barbados, my mom was from Belize and my dad was from Belarus.
thank you, i switched it in the official post as well and oh boy we got the whole family!!! i will try my best to do good but no guarantees, i will as for your advice and in sight when i post them later today.

Last edited:
The red stripe is kinda redundant when the disk already serves the purpose of being the sun and the blood of Bangladesh Patriots.

Those are also some vibrant colours you went for.
i get the disk/dot means the same thing but in my head it looked better to do them separate them.

i will do a re-design with yellow instead.

EDIT: here it is:
upload_2016-9-22_8-21-5.png

how is it?

ok, here's the next 3: Barbados, Belarus and Belize. i hope this is good.
Barbados:
upload_2016-9-22_14-20-11.png

Colors:
blue: 0-0-160 yellow: 255-242-0
Symbolism: the star represents democracy (sorry 5 point stars=democracy to me) and the color black represents the African heritage of the people, the yellow represents the golden sand of the beaches and the blue strips represent the sky and sea of Barbados.
Changes: ok i have to admit, i was not originally going to change this flag, it looked to good, but after looking at it more i just for some subliminal reason didn't like it and decided to experiment, at first i took out the trident and said, ok we are done, but i wanted black to be on the flag, so i changed the far right stripe black and looked semi decent but i kinda liked this design more and decided eh f*ck it ill do the star, then it was so.
Belarus:
upload_2016-9-22_14-31-5.png

Colors:
red: 213-0-0 green: 0-128-0
Symbolism: the red represents freedom and the sacrifice of the forefathers, the green represents life and the white represents the peace and prosperity of the nation.
Changes: i took out the rushnik pattern because it looked way, way!! to complicated and yea it looks better...but at a quick glance it looks alot like Madagascar's flag.
Belize:
upload_2016-9-22_14-40-20.png

Colors:
blue: 0-0-160 red: 255-0-0
Symbolism: the blue and white represent the people's union party (PUP), the red represents the united democratic party (UDP), the blue alone represents the Caribbean sea, the white represents the peace and prosperity of the nation and people and the red represents...*sigh*..."the blood of those who fought for their freedom" (i hate that because all countries have it!)
Changes: oh boy, as you can see i changed alot. first of i got rid of the coat of arms (kinda) and it was basically Lao's flag so i used the fact that the red only takes up only a tiny bit of the current flag and on the this flag it takes up only 1/3 of the flag and from there, i just made this.

ok that wraps up this fine addition of "New World Flags" and up next will be Bhutan, Bolivia and Bosnia and Herzegovina. and as always, hope ya like!

P.S. shout out to @AlternateCountries1234567 for the support and shout out to Geography Now, a YouTube channel that helps me with the symbolism and deserves way more subscribers than they actually have (324,510 right now) and you should go check them out, and now i say good bye.

In the "AH Title and Description Game" thread I came up with the following idea from the following prompt:

The Passionfruit Army
This timeline tells the story of "El Maracuyá Ejército", also known as "The Passionfruit Army". This militant political group, which originated in OTL Paraguay and Northern Argentina, aimed to overthrow British rule over the Plate River colony, in favour of independence or reunion with the restored Spanish crown. The group successfully threw the British out of Buenos Aires in 1853, but their different ideas on the nation's future would prove their undoing, as the group fractured as the government split into the Unionists and the Independents. This lead to the start of the River Plate Civil War, a three way battle between the British coming from the southern Patagonia colony, the Spanish backed Unionists in the center and the French backed Independents in the North.

POD: The 1806-1807 British Invasion of Buenos Aires is far more successful.

I really liked the idea so I made a couple of flags to represent this group:

The purple and yellow represents the colours of the passionfruit, and the Sun of May represents the wish for independence (or reunion, depending on which faction you're from).

pJPFzXG.png

uud7yVP.png

Status
Not open for further replies.