Flag Thread IV

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by SaveAtlacamani, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Alpha-King98760 Aku's most favorite assassin, babe!

The future where Aku's evil is law, babe.
    Yes.

2. Aquagel8last320 ...

Oh.

3. StarmanJr Literal trash

The Fascist States of The Greek Union (Greece, Albania, Cyprus, Kosovo, and Macedonia) A little project I'm working on.

The Flag for Fascist Greece

greece.png

The Flag for Fascist Cyprus

cyprus.png

4. Mr. BoJangles Grand Master of the Bad Touch

On a Unicorn that shits your name in Stars
    I need a little bit of help. I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to clean up the Tomahawks on this flag. I'm doing it because the one we have at work is... just god awful. I also kind of want to do an odd number of stripes, but at 4:7 its difficult to determine the right number.

16 WPS.png

5. EmperorSimeon Well-Known Member

Nice work. :)

StarmanJr likes this.
  6. StarmanJr Literal trash

Thanks!

7. StarmanJr Literal trash

Here's Fascist Kosovo for my fascist Greek union!

Fascist Kosovo.png

8. aldonius "Cogito ergo nomnomnom"

tomahawks.png

How's this? I'd attach an SVG too, but it won't let me. So get it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7243561/AH/tomahawks-flag/tomahawks-flag.svg

9. Xanthoc Destroyer of Canada

Cross-posting my WFC entry

10. FlyingParafin Plays too much Civ 5

I'd better crosspost from the challenge as well.

11. Hubria Active Member

Sorry, I'm being nitpicky but it should be "in this TL" or just "ITTL". Nice flag and write up though.

12. Utgard96 the departure sign is painted on

Recently returned from United States soil
    There was/is a site called othertimelines.com that used "OTL" to mean an Other TimeLine, somewhat confusingly.

13. Me! "HJ" -Aron McNoob

born, raised and reside in the state of Michigen
    ahh its good to be back

Das Amerikan likes this.
  14. Me! "HJ" -Aron McNoob

i am making a new or revised flag for every single UN recognized country, the observer states and the "other" states, and i will be using these guide lines for making them:

Every flag has to be rectangular.
    Sized 300 X 200 pixels
    Use as few colors as be possible.
    Remove as much unnecessary details as possible.
    Reflect as best as possible the character of the country.
    Add in new, less fussy detail to best represent the country in a good way.
    Build in more relevance.

If text is used, then no more than 140 characters and remove as much Latin as possible.
    these guide lines where posted by @Alan Hardy on the alternative us state flags thread (go check it out its right here:https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/a-thread-for-alternate-us-state-flags.153779/page-25) and i just liked the rules/guide lines so i wanted to us them, i will also be posting them on here in alphabetical order, i will be doing the UN recognized countries first then the observer states and finally the "other" states, hope you like and i will post Afghanistan, Albania and Algeria first. so yea see ya in a bit!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    Sir Prizing and aldonius like this.
  15. Me! "HJ" -Aron McNoob

ok here is the first 3:
    Afghanistan:
    upload_2016-9-13_15-56-49.png

colors: green: 0-128-0
    symbolism: black stands for the troubled past, the white stands for the purity and peace of the nation and the green stands for hope, the future and Islam.
    changes: i got rid of the seal in the center and it looked pretty decent and i would have called it done but... the red on the current flag represents "the blood of those who fought for there freedom" and alot of countries have that, so i changed it to white and it looks pretty good.
    Albania:
    upload_2016-9-13_16-8-19.png
    colors: red: 255-0-0
    symbolism: the red stands for bravery and the eagle is a historical emblem of the region (Balkan)
    changes: i brighten up the red and turned it from 228-30-32 to 255-0-0 so ya!
    Algeria:
    upload_2016-9-13_16-13-53.png
    colors: green: 0-106-0 red: 255-0-0
    symbolism: white represents peace, green and the crescent and star represents Islam and the red stands for the blood of those who fought for there freedom from France
    changes: i brighten up the green from 0-102-51 to 0-128-0 but it didnt look good to me so i went with 0-106-0

thats the first bunch of flags next will be Andorra, Angola and Antigua and Barbuda and as always hope ya like!

Das Amerikan likes this.
  16. Suvareshkin Well-Known Member

Dude, those are literally just the OTL flags of Algeria and Albania.

dakkafex and maonsie like this.
  17. FlyingParafin Plays too much Civ 5

Aahh! Meant to write ATL instead of OTL. Oh well, as long as people get the idea, I guess.

18. MovingtargeT Well-Known Member

Could you please break your own rules and combine several flags into a single post? Or could you start your own thread for all of these? I don't think that it's fair that you're about to hijack this thread with 200 or so posts.

19. Undeadmuffin Muffin want to liiiive !

A Fascist America; overly centralized, every connection to states (and their rights for that measure) are erased even on the flag.
    The 13 bars now represents the 13 districts created to have an equal population and industry, the three stars are the three military branch (the army being the bigger one) and the eagle symbolize the unique central government.

Fascist america.png
    (heavily influenced by the Brotherhood of the east in Fallout)

20. Me! "HJ" -Aron McNoob

i said in the changes that i changed the coloring, because i dont think those need changing (maybe the Algeria flag but hey, it works)