Status
Not open for further replies.
to me, this would be the most neutral flag possible.

00897.png

Surely we can do better:

edit: aww, the inline viewer doesn't know what to do with itself

Attachments

• transparent-600x300.png
    transparent-600x300.png
    851 bytes · Views: 375

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
here is Fascist Mars!
View attachment 286203
inspired by this earth flag suggestion:
View attachment 286202
hope ya like!
You were warned about plagiarism 10 days ago. Clearly that was ineffective.

Taking a existing creation, changing the color, and presenting it as your own, time and again, without proper attribution (and permission considering the scale that you do it) is still plagiarism.

DO NOT do this again

See ya' in 7

Is there life some flag creation website where you can create your own flag using a template? Because that would actually be pretty useful to stop people from "plagiarizing" flags.

No need for the quotes when it's actually a case of plagiarism.

And yes, there are.

Ya, it kind of is plagiarism in the most minor possible sense; we are talking about copying custom made flags onto a free and open message board here. It isn't like @Me! did anything actually illegal (eg. printing those flags on T-shirts and selling them). Hence probably why this was just a kick, not a ban (or a call to the appropriate authorities).

And it was kind of funny all the pages of disgruntled responses the guy got.

Anyway, thanks for the link; it is pretty limited in its selection, but that is the kind of fun flag generator I was thinking of.

@NamelesStatistic he did this 4 times in the last few weeks. I am not inclined to believe @Me! 's claims anymore that he got some flags mixed up.
His plagiarism is a recurrent habit. Calling it plagiarism in the "most minor possible sense" is really hurtfull for me personally and, I believe, many other content creators.

Last edited:
Yes. My recommendation to @Me! would be to simply just not show flags that other people made, largely because in most instances where this has been a problem (Or when he does say someone else made it) those flags are already on this site, as their creators are members here. Honestly, my recommendation that is even more radical is to simply delete his entire library if that is such a problem (I honestly don't know how someone doesn't know what is their flag and what is not...but that's another issue. I also have a large library of maps that I did not make, and I have made a lot of things, but I know what is mine and what is not), and post only what he made right after he finishes it.

Ya, it kind of is plagiarism in the most minor possible sense; we are talking about copying custom made flags onto a free and open message board here. It isn't like @Me! did anything actually illegal (eg. printing those flags on T-shirts and selling them). Hence probably why this was just a kick, not a ban (or a call to the appropriate authorities).

And it was kind of funny all the pages of disgruntled responses the guy got.

Anyway, thanks for the link; it is pretty limited in its selection, but that is the kind of fun flag generator I was thinking of.

It's not "kind of is plagiarism ". It's outright plagiarism, which is taking something that you didn't create and passing it off as your own. There is no monetary aspect needed for it. A violation is still a violation, and I have no goddamn idea why we have to have this fucking discussion every time someone gets kicked for it. Don't steal other people's work and it will be fine.

So for a long time I've been collecting neat flags that I see on this site and elsewhere. I haven't done a great deal with these flags, but beginning in 2012 I started to put some of them in a "map" of the Solar System from my Waters of Babylon NaNoWriMo project that year. I've worked idly off and on this map for the past four years, only recently completing it, it's now the biggest map I've ever made in Inkscape.

Now there's a small problem- I didn't keep track of who made the various maps, and I haven't asked for permission to use them for the original creators. On the gripping hand I'm not using this map to make money, and I'm not claiming to have made any of the flags present therein.

Do you think I can post the map?

So for a long time I've been collecting neat flags that I see on this site and elsewhere. I haven't done a great deal with these flags, but beginning in 2012 I started to put some of them in a "map" of the Solar System from my Waters of Babylon NaNoWriMo project that year. I've worked idly off and on this map for the past four years, only recently completing it, it's now the biggest map I've ever made in Inkscape.

Now there's a small problem- I didn't keep track of who made the various maps, and I haven't asked for permission to use them for the original creators. On the gripping hand I'm not using this map to make money, and I'm not claiming to have made any of the flags present therein.

Do you think I can post the map?
I'd say post it with a disclaimer, and if someone identifies a flag as their own, compile a list of identified creators.

That's the plan. Why don't I put it up here and on the oneshot thread first, see who if anyone claims a flag as theirs, and then name them when I post it on the Map Thread?

aphrodite station is my flag of atlantis. I'm pretty sure "kingdom of god" is my Surviving CSA's kentucky but since it was inspired by an historical one (different ratio, no fimibriation around a narrower cross and stagered & less numerous stars), it could by someone else who had the same idea.

I won't take credit for the flag of the democratic republic of Korea. That is a period of my life I would rather........ not think about........

That's the plan. Why don't I put it up here and on the oneshot thread first, see who if anyone claims a flag as theirs, and then name them when I post it on the Map Thread?

OTL ones that you don't need to worry about: New Euskadi, Evangelical Community of Faith, New Palestine, Crusader State, United Kingdom, Democratic Republic of Korea, United States of America, Mars, New Brazil, New Catalonia, First Peoples Nation, Virgin Galactic, New Canada
None are mine.
I definitely know that People's Republic of Luna was made by Shaucker.
I think that:
  • Republic of Japan was from a WFC contest
  • Republic of India was from WFC #1
  • Diaspora State was probably made by Highlander. I recognise his style.
  • Federation of Markland may be Shaucker or Highlander.

Status
Not open for further replies.