Status
Not open for further replies.
A glossary of flags from the most powerful and prominent human polities from my yet unnamed far future science fiction project. These polities can count tens of thousands of star systems as members (which isn't as an impressive number when you realize more than 2/5ths of inhabited star systems are red or brown dwarfs, and less than 5% of all planets are terrestrial garden worlds), with populations in the tens of trillions to hundreds of trillions. Unlike contemporary nation-states, these polities are a mixture of historical, cultural, ethnic and geographic supranational associations. Humanity is still divided into smaller nation-states that are geographically contiguous to one planetary body, as interstellar distances make centralized governance difficult at best to impossible at worse. As such, many nations can be members of multiple polities, often belonging to one ethnic association (such as the Jotunn Volksmoot) and one political association (such as the Compact of Free Association). The only significant exception to this are the Empire of Man and the Imperial Parks & Wildlife Commission, both of which rely on local aristocracy to keep subject worlds in line.

HWGLX2v.png

Qing dynasty called. They want their Mandate of Heaven flag back! :p

Also, for a second I thought that Scandinavian style-flag said "Joran Vandersloot". XD

here is a new michigen flag:
upload_2016-8-29_11-19-53.png

inspired by Keith Bradnam's design for Davis California but it looked more like michigen to me, all i did was recolor the stars from red to blue and cleaned up the edges, hope ya like!

Becasue the yellow is strongly associated with the Manchu race? unless the MoH are also somehow connected to the Manchu.
the Mandate of Heaven (MoH) is by definition: is an ancient Chinese belief/theory and philosophical idea that tiān (heaven) granted emperors the right to rule based on their ability to govern well, appropriately and fairly. i dont belive it is connected with the Manchu and/or Manchuria. i just wanted to clear that up and maybe help understand. (if you already know that i apologize for assuming)

Becasue the yellow is strongly associated with the Manchu race? unless the MoH are also somehow connected to the Manchu.

the Mandate of Heaven (MoH) is by definition: is an ancient Chinese belief/theory and philosophical idea that tiān (heaven) granted emperors the right to rule based on their ability to govern well, appropriately and fairly. i dont belive it is connected with the Manchu and/or Manchuria. i just wanted to clear that up and maybe help understand. (if you already know that i apologize for assuming)

It's at least 1500 years in the future (if not further), so any actual historical meaning is divorced from what the contemporary Mandate of Heaven leaders believe it means.

SDlZx76.png

The flag of the Union of Terran Systems, also known as the Union or the UTS. A federal republic made up of 30 member systems and several hundred smaller colonies and thousands of uninhabited systems, the Union is the third-largest nation in the galaxy and the primary polity for the human race. Formed following the destructive Unification Wars of the 25th Century, the Union is the first and (so far) only successful attempt at an interstellar human nation. In recent years, Union politics have taken a very expansionist bent, as the outer colonies become more and more populated and thus gain more political clout. As part of this, Earth has authorized the creation of the Prometheus Initiative, a Union Navy-backed task force of scientists and sociologists whose purpose is to prepare alien races unwittingly living "within" the borders of the Union for the cold realities of interstellar politics.

The flag, colloquially known as the Phoenix Standard, is red to symbolize the blood spilt in the Unification Wars, and gold to represent both the hope for the future and the suns around which all o the eponymous Systems revolve. The phoenix represents humanity's rebirth from the ashes of war.

The American Imperial Standard
Nice but the pentagon should be larger I feel.

The flag of the Union of Terran Systems, also known as the Union or the UTS. A federal republic made up of 30 member systems and several hundred smaller colonies and thousands of uninhabited systems, the Union is the third-largest nation in the galaxy and the primary polity for the human race. Formed following the destructive Unification Wars of the 25th Century, the Union is the first and (so far) only successful attempt at an interstellar human nation. In recent years, Union politics have taken a very expansionist bent, as the outer colonies become more and more populated and thus gain more political clout. As part of this, Earth has authorized the creation of the Prometheus Initiative, a Union Navy-backed task force of scientists and sociologists whose purpose is to prepare alien races unwittingly living "within" the borders of the Union for the cold realities of interstellar politics.

The flag, colloquially known as the Phoenix Standard, is red to symbolize the blood spilt in the Unification Wars, and gold to represent both the hope for the future and the suns around which all o the eponymous Systems revolve. The phoenix represents humanity's rebirth from the ashes of war.

That phoenix needs to stand out more.
Perhaps make it gold over a silver/white ring?

Status
Not open for further replies.