Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_2016-07-16-12-39-49-2-1.png

Flag of Turkish Colonial Empire

Blue: Turkism
White: Purity of Turk blood
Black: Historical revenge

I Googled "Soccer" and this is what came up.

WTF? What the fuck is going on with Ecuador, Croatia, France, Uruguay, Argentina, Mexico, Brazil, Iran, Portugal, and the U.S. (which apparently only has three states)?

some are just oversimplified to make them easier to recognise at low-res but I have to admit that the mexican and especially the french ones comes of as pretty weird

some are just oversimplified to make them easier to recognise at low-res but I have to admit that the mexican and especially the french ones comes of as pretty weird

I thought Mexico was supposed to be WWII Italy for a moment. Though why add the fleur to the French flag? It didn't need it. :(

Alternate US Flags: WA, WV, WI, WY

Here's the penultimate part of my US flags project: the W states.

alternate_us_flags__washington_by_rubberduck3y6-daaf3yw.png

Washington
The central emblem features the Washington family arms (three stars over two horizontal arms) in the form of a fir tree, recalling the state tree - the western hemlock - as well as the state's namesake, President George Washington. Surrounding this is a ring with five triangles which represent the five most prominent mountain peaks in Washington - Mount Baker, Glacier Peak, Mount Rainer, Mount Saint Helens and Mount Adams. The green field recalls the historic flags of Washington, all of which have featured a green field, as well as reflecting the state nickname of the "Evergreen State". Blue represents the waters of the Pacific Ocean and Columbia River while white represents the mountain snows.

alternate_us_flags__west_virginia_by_rubberduck3y6-daaf50c.png

West Virginia
The large golden triangle recalls West Virginia's nickname of the "Mountain State" and its natural wealth and resources. Centred on the triangle are a crossed axe and pickax representing forestry and mining - industries which have been important in West Virginia's economic history - and also recalling the figures on the state seal. The large white star on a blue field symbolises West Virginians' loyalty to the Union during the Civil War, and also liberty to reflect the state motto "Montani Semper Liberi" or "Mountaineers Are Always Free". The white colour also represents purity, and blue and gold are the official state colours.

alternate_us_flags__wisconsin_by_rubberduck3y6-daaf5u8.png

Wisconsin
The large forward pointing black and white arrow in the centre of the flag represents both Wisconsin's state motto of "Forward" and its nickname of the "Badger State" which is derived from the black soot which used to stain the faces of Wisconsin's miners early in its history. The division of the flag into two parts by the arrow represents the two Great Lakes which wash Wisconsin's shores - Lake Michigan and Lake Superior", while the green and blue colours symbolise Wisconsin's forests and farmlands, and its waterways including the namesake Wisconsin River respectively.

alternate_us_flags__wyoming_by_rubberduck3y6-daaf6dy.png

Wyoming
Wyoming's nickname of the "Equality State" is reflected by the equal division of the flag into red and blue halves, with the division also symbolising the Continental Divide which runs through the state. The central emblem further reflects the state nickname, which commemorates the fact that Wyoming was the first state to give women voting rights, by combining a cross to represent the vote with an equals sign to represent equality. The rectangular border recalls Wyoming's rectangular shape and contains 44 stars as Wyoming was the 44th state to join the Union. Red represents indigenous peoples and the European pioneers; blue represents Yellowstone Lake and Wyoming's rivers and skies; and white represents the mountains, purity and unity. Red, blue and white are also the colours of the US national flag.​

Hello!

I would like for someone to make flags of these nations, please.

1. Fascist Belarus

2. Nazi Poland
(Nazi as in the Polish are considered Aryans, not Germans)

3. People's Republic of Japan

4. Free City of Tokyo

5. Communist German-Austrian Empire

6. Fascist Yugoslavia

7. Neo-Ottoman Empire

8. Chinese-colonized Baja California

9. Japanese-colonized California

10. Korean-colonized Cascadia

11. Russian-colonized West Canada

12. Muslim-colonized Australia

I know it's a lot of nations, so it would be great if someone made at least 1 flag.

Also yes, my name is stupid, so don't ask me why I chose it.

4. Free City of Tokyo
IVeQCku.png

In a timeline where Japan consists of a federal government instead of a unitary one like in OTL, every province has their own laws, cultures, leaders, etc. but are all part of Japan as a nation. The center of this Japanese Federation is Tokyo, which has a flag that looks like this.

The layout of the flag itself is set into two sections: a quarter of the flag is one colour while the rest of the flag is another colour, a la Taiwan's flag. A stylised version of Tokyo's Metropolitan Crest is on a traditional purple colour in the top left corner of the flag while the modern metropolitan symbol is in red, with the infamous rising sun in Japan's OTL flag above.

IVeQCku.png

In a timeline where Japan consists of a federal government instead of a unitary one like in OTL, every province has their own laws, cultures, leaders, etc. but are all part of Japan as a nation. The center of this Japanese Federation is Tokyo, which has a flag that looks like this.

The layout of the flag itself is set into two sections: a quarter of the flag is one colour while the rest of the flag is another colour, a la Taiwan's flag. A stylised version of Tokyo's Metropolitan Crest is on a traditional purple colour in the top left corner of the flag while the modern metropolitan symbol is in red, with the infamous rising sun in Japan's OTL flag above.

That's exactly what I what needed, thank you!

You got the timeline spot-on, except I was thinking Tokyo is actually independent, becoming so when they opted out of the Federation of Japan via taking advantage of Japan when it was being invaded by the Soviet Union, as Japan, despite being a federation, still joined the Axis powers, but was not bombed due to its slight democratic nation. It fell to the Soviet Union quickly after Tokyo's independence, creating the PRJ. (People's Republic of Japan)

That's exactly what I what needed, thank you!

You got the timeline spot-on, except I was thinking Tokyo is actually independent, becoming so when they opted out of the Federation of Japan via taking advantage of Japan when it was being invaded by the Soviet Union, as Japan, despite being a federation, still joined the Axis powers, but was not bombed due to its slight democratic nation. It fell to the Soviet Union quickly after Tokyo's independence, creating the PRJ. (People's Republic of Japan)
2MEHqMo.png

Here's another quick thing I whipped up to fit in with that timeline.

When making this, I wanted to make a communist flag that wasn't just lazy or uninspired, as most flag makers would have just slapped on a hammer and sickle/some stars and call it a day. This flag hopefully has a design that's recognizable both as a communist country/soviet puppet and as uniquely Japanese.

The rising sun from OTL Japan's flag is here in different colours and there's segments of a five pointed star around it (we all know how many of those we've seen on communist flags) and, just to add something different, some yellow stripes on the far left and right edges to break up the red background, essentially forming a tricolour.

2MEHqMo.png

Here's another quick thing I whipped up to fit in with that timeline.

When making this, I wanted to make a communist flag that wasn't just lazy or uninspired, as most flag makers would have just slapped on a hammer and sickle/some stars and call it a day. This flag hopefully has a design that's recognizable both as a communist country/soviet puppet and as uniquely Japanese.

The rising sun from OTL Japan's flag is here in different colours and there's segments of a five pointed star around it (we all know how many of those we've seen on communist flags) and, just to add something different, some yellow stripes on the far left and right edges to break up the red background, essentially forming a tricolour.

That's also great! However, I would like it if you made the yellow stripes a bit thinner, and add 5 thin rays jutting out of the rising sun, between the points of the star. I appreciate the creativeness of the flag, it's hard to make creative communist flags, and I also appreciate you making these flags.

That's also great! However, I would like it if you made the yellow stripes a bit thinner, and add 5 thin rays jutting out of the rising sun, between the points of the star. I appreciate the creativeness of the flag, it's hard to make creative communist flags, and I also appreciate you making these flags.
2IVIfN6.png

Here's version 2 of the flag based on those suggestions. The top 2 rays were difficult to do in FlagMaker and needed some external editing, but apart from that, the changes were fairly quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.