Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
My alternate flag for the (Second) Spanish Republic.

Flag_of_the_Republic_of_Spain_A_Day_in_Manila.jpg

I guess it's a Spanish Republic where the International Brigades were immensely successful and popular, thus making their three-pointed star into the new commie symbol for Spain, and also with an important Catalan component, given the Catalan flag around the wreath.

It's a nice flag.

That's basically the gist of it. Although, the star was originally part of the flag of Spain's left-wing "Popular Front". The International Brigades used it as they were defending the Popular Front government.

Also, thank you very much :) I may be using it in the TL you see in my sig (he says, being immodest and shamefully plugging away)

bit like this ?

The crossed sabers and clenched fist don't mesh well together with the rest imo. And personally I think a normal tricolour or a scarlet field like the Paris commune would work best, this looks a bit strange, to make it work I'd imagine make the blue and white stripes the same size.

The crossed sabers and clenched fist don't mesh well together with the rest imo. And personally I think a normal tricolour or a scarlet field like the Paris commune would work best, this looks a bit strange, to make it work I'd imagine make the blue and white stripes the same size.

not a problem this one was more of a mock up than the finished article. Thanks for the feedback guys :)

Flag of the Považie Commonwealth (or United Republic of Považie) from my Sparrow Avengers universe.

A tightly-knit federal republic corresponding with the geographic and historical region of the same name, the Commonwealth consists of three federal states - Upper Považie (capital : Žilina), Middle Považie (capital : Trenčín) and Lower Považie (capital : Piešťany). Several key institutions are distributed among the capitals of the three states, in order to avoid centralization of power in the federal capital. Territorially, the Commonwealth is based almost entirely along the Váh river valley, a fact that it uses to its economic advantage (being one of the most industrialized and economically prosperous of the successor statelets of Austria-Hungary). However, the overstretched and narrow shape of its national borders also leaves it fairly vulnerable, and its hard-earned economic prosperity has lured air pirates and foreign spies by the dozens. The territory of the Commonwealth was carved out of :
- what was formerly the Trenčín county, but without its northernmost part, the region of Kysuce (said region is now part of the DROK, since it was deemed "an acceptable loss of territory" by the early PC governments).
- the eastern half of the northwestern parts of the former Nitra county, i.e. the area corresponding to the Lower Považie region and the region around Stará Turá and the southern edges of the White Carpathians. (The rest of the northwestern parts of the county were annexed by the neighbouring Republic of Free Záhorie, becoming its northern regions.)

The coat of arms of the country combines the heraldry of the former Trenčín and Nitra counties. Some of the heraldic symbols from the two coats of arms found their way onto the national flag as well - the deer and fir motifs of the Trenčín county and the St. Ladislaus' battle axe of the Nitra county. The green fields symbolize the forests and mountains of the country, the snaking blue field symbolizes the river Váh and the white fields symbolize the white gravel found on the shallower shores of the river.

Here's the country's air force roundel.

PZR Vlajka.png

Last edited:
I was looking again at the New Union Treaty, proposed by Gorbachev as a platform for the post-Soviet state, and thinking about its flag - they'd probably stick with something vaguely Soviet for continuity's sake, while removing the hammer and sickle - the 9+1 stars represent the 9+1 arrangement of 9 states plus the union government.

Union of Sovereign States.png

Sort of like their OTL naval ensign...

I think using flags of this ratio as bases and reference is wrong. They were derived from the normal flags so that they would be more visible or "balanced" because of the hoist. It's like the slight bending that Greek columns had. It's not meant to be noticed, it's made so that it's not, precisely.

The longer red band is not meant to be percieved, it's longer so that the three bands look the same when waving from the ship's hoist.

NOW, if the idea is to imagine how could these distorted flags create a trend... that's another matter.

Can i please get a flag for a Federation that controls one Solar System that has 6 Planets?

I made this one quite quickly so its not the greatest...

Six stripes for six planets. The large circle represents the unity and power of the federation while the six circles inside the large circle represent the planets inside the solar system and inside the federation. The blue background symbolises peace and prosperity.

flag federation.png

Six stripes for six planets. The large circle represents the unity and power of the federation while the six circles inside the large circle represent the planets inside the solar system and inside the federation. The blue background symbolises peace and prosperity.

I like it. It's almost like a Nordic flag... :p

JJohnson

Banned
British Cuba

British Cuba, colony since 1740, dominion in 1849, independent in 1968.

Language: 92% English, 4% Hindu, 3% French, 3% other.
Ethnicities: 7.34 million white, 560,000 Indian, 4.2 million Black, 1.9 million Mixed.
Places of Origin: England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Quebec, France, India, United States (Loyalists, Freedmen, and former slaves), United Kingdom of the Netherlands.

8e386a2b9efe3ee49eebe7798f7ea262-d6hfbjd.png

You. Are. Awesome! Thanks so much that will be perfect :)

jEwzsRO.png

The Free State of German Africa.

Not much story behind it. Basically after a different World War II and a South Africa that somehow strays from Britain, more Germans leave Germany and head to Namibia, which becomes the Free State of German Africa.

Mostly done for the game of Bloc, not much else.

And after in said game the Warsaw Pact got involved and decided to overthrow the government :

l3vE7xB.png

Version 2 :

9tVJ2mo.png

Version 3 :

IL0zIim.png

Version 4 :

yjB7mo3.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.