Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second to last, especially if the orange was pushed just a little more towards scarlet.

30mwqc7.jpg

Like this?

Dorozhand

Banned
30mwqc7.jpg

Like this?

Love it! Bright, aggressive colours are good on the fly. They give teeth to the base of naturalistic, earthy colours, which serve to tie down and give meaning/purpose to the aggressive colours. At least that's how I always saw it.

Love it! Bright, aggressive colours are good on the fly. They give teeth to the base of naturalistic, earthy colours, which serve to tie down and give meaning/purpose to the aggressive colours. At least that's how I always saw it.

Considering ITTL theyre trying to reclaim all of British Isles from the EU, its a good fit :D

Dorozhand

Banned
Here's the flag of the Confederative Republics of the Danube, a union of Austrian, Hungarian, Czech, Galician, Croat, Slovenian, and Silesian states created after a revolution in Austria-Hungary during the late 19th century. Representatives from all factions met in Vienna and decided that, for mutual protection and economic aid, the states should form a confederation. The central government consists of a unicameral senate with 10 representatives from each of the constituent states.

The flag is a horizontal Pentacolour inspired by the five-races under one union banner of the ROC.

Red for Austria, Green for Hungary, Blue for the Slavic states, Yellow for Galicia, and white for Silesia.

CD.png

CD.png

BayFlag9star.png

Here's a flag I made for the San Francisco Bay Area. I really have no idea about the alternate history scenario in which it might become necessary, probably just some sort of balkanization of the US or California. The star has nine points for the nine counties of the Bay Area.

Flag of the Pressburg City State (Bratislava City State) from my Sparrow Avengers universe.

Based on the 19th century flag of the city, which fully featured the city's long-lived and distinctive coat of arms (said coat of arms is also the national coat of arms of the ATL country). Because "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". :p ;)

PMŠ Vlajka.png

The States General of Languedoc

These two flags are the State Flag of the Languedoc, and its war flag.

For the first one, I took inspiration on a strange flag I saw waving at the castle of Peyrepertuse, close to Carcassonne. I haven't found its meaning, but I liked the different set of colours and how appropriate it seemed for an Occitan state. Any information on this flag's real origin would be welcome.

(The stars on the cross' arms come from a coin from the 1700's that commemorates a session of the States of the Languedoc)

The second one comes from the flag of the XVIIIth Century company of Languedocien Dragoons. The yellow background breaks the pattern that would be to have a red background, for obvious reasons. White is in because I imagine it being a reactionary state that wants to break away from the French Republic using the monarchist white, also for the Catholics in the region, but ironically its identity comes from centuries of parliamentary States celebrated in the region's two capitals, Toulouse and Montpellier. So it's a reactionary republic.

There they go:

9nv.png

0b51.png

NavarreQuarter2AC.png

Here's a flag for some sort of independent Bourbon-run Huguenot state incorporating elements of France and Navarre. I can't say I'm entirely happy with it because it seems a little too busy and editing left it a little rough, but it's the best thing I've come up with so far out of the many combinations I've tried.

QuebecHuguenot2.png

And here's a Huguenot Quebec, with the fleurs-de-lis replaced with Huguenot crosses.

Here's a flag I made for the San Francisco Bay Area. I really have no idea about the alternate history scenario in which it might become necessary, probably just some sort of balkanization of the US or California. The star has nine points for the nine counties of the Bay Area.

Heah would you mind if I used that as the banner for the Summer Isles?

Status
Not open for further replies.