Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorozhand

Banned
Flag of the Free City of Constantinople (1923-1941)

Established by the League of Nations in the Treaty of Smyrna, after the decisive Greek victory in the Third Greco-Turkish War.

It would last until the revanchist Ottoman Empire invaded and recaptured it after joining the Second World War on the side of the Axis Powers.

Free City of Constantinople.png

Free City of Constantinople.png

Buuut, if they're in a personal union, they would still each have their own flag, no?
You could keep a nice French flag for the Empire, and a Bonapartist Spanish flag for Spain like in the attachment, or even keep the flag at it is, like OTL Bonapartist Spain.

So, is the union personal or political?

You are all forgetting that this wasn't the Spanish flag at the time of the Napoleonic invasion. You've got to use the Royal Banner or the Cross of St Andrew.

The red and golden flag was adopted by the Liberals in the mid-late XIXth Century. Before that it was a naval ensign.

Does anyone want to help me come up with a flag for a First French Empire in a union with a Spanish Empire? Preferably something simple that revolves around color, not symbols. Both countries are ruled by the Bonaparte Family.

The French empire used a few flags that had coloured triangle in the corners so maybe something like this ?

es-fr2.png

But honestly, those diamond flags are only flattering for tricolors. Here's one without any white (as per the Spanish flag).

2000px-Flag_of_the_Napoleonic_Kingdom_of_Italy.svg.png

Flag of the Miner State from my Sparrow Avengers universe.

(Don't shriek about the CoA looking a bit busy - it's supposed to be a combination of three existing county CoAs (due to it lying, to various extents, on the territory of all three). And it's supposed to have been created by a local comittee that knew f-all about vexilology, just the basic rules of tincture in heraldry, etc.)

I'll soon post a (kind of) civil ensign of the country as well.

Vlajka.png

Flag of the Miner State from my Sparrow Avengers universe.

(Don't shriek about the CoA looking a bit busy - it's supposed to be a combination of three existing county CoAs (due to it lying, to various extents, on the territory of all three). And it's supposed to have been created by a local comittee that knew f-all about vexilology, just the basic rules of tincture in heraldry, etc.)

I'll soon post a (kind of) civil ensign of the country as well.
Looks vaguely Eastern European communist-like.

Looks vaguely Eastern European communist-like.

:D

Eastern Central European definitely, but there's no Communism involved. There are some leftist and rightist worker parties in this country (well, miners, duh), but it's a multiparty liberal democracy. Those types of hammers and mallets have been extremely common for centuries in the heraldry of Slovak and Hungarian mining towns and mining regions, hence why they were chosen as accompanying charges for the national flag of this country. It's basically an "identity politics" flag - as much as the name of the country reflects the same attitude.

The Kingdom of Gemer from the Sparrow Avengers universe. It covers most of the historic region and former county of the same name and is ruled by the later allohistorical descendants of House Andrássy. The CoA at the flag's centre is directly based on the CoA of the former Gemer/Gömör county.

I made this flag a long time ago and even posted it in one of the older flag threads, but I've remade some of its colours today. I'm pretty happy with the results and I don't plan to change it all that much from now on.

Vlajka.png

Last edited:
but then it only looks like a Napoleonic dominated spain, not a union.
I was playing around with the colors (either all 4, 3 like Andorra, or just the red-yellow) and that arrangement seemed to be the least bad to look at.

Let me ask again, is it a political union between Spain and France, or is it purely personal?

Status
Not open for further replies.