Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone want to help me come up with a flag for a First French Empire in a union with a Spanish Empire? Preferably something simple that revolves around color, not symbols. Both countries are ruled by the Bonaparte Family.

EDIT: Here's a version I came up with. It's all right, but it's kind of meh.

800px-Flag_of_France_svg.png

Last edited:
And here's a more refined one, from my Madness TL. It represent the agreed-to future union between France-Spain and Austria-Hungary. :D

FRENCHSPAIN.png

You mean Franco-Spanish union isn't automatically MegaAndorra? :p
This all the way; the co-princes system can be used as a rudimentary federal system.
But would the French be fine with a monarchy, even though it's elective?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm stupid and didn't see "ruled by the Bonaparte Family" bit at first.

Last edited:

Goldstein

Banned
Does anyone want to help me come up with a flag for a First French Empire in a union with a Spanish Empire? Preferably something simple that revolves around color, not symbols. Both countries are ruled by the Bonaparte Family.

It's a bit convoluted, but how about this?

800px-Flag_of_France_svg.png

How about this?

Yes, it's a Nordic Cross. I've spent a lot of time in the Nordic Cross thread.
Don't judge me.

franco spanish.png

Last edited:
It's a bit convoluted, but how about this?

That's great! If no one comes up with a better version, I think I'll use that. :cool:

Second version with two intersecting French flags

And if no one comes up with a better version, I think I'll use this as a flag of the Bonaparte House. :D One thing: can you make the red and blue lines thicker so the white is the same thickness (like the French flag)?

Buuut, if they're in a personal union, they would still each have their own flag, no?
You could keep a nice French flag for the Empire, and a Bonapartist Spanish flag for Spain like in the attachment, or even keep the flag at it is, like OTL Bonapartist Spain.

So, is the union personal or political?

1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.